Game Day Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help think that the style of footy the Pies (and Tigers in their pomp) is helped by playing lots of night games, it's more slippery and fumbles are punished more, plus they just seem to be better one-grabbers of even loose balls and ones reefed out of tackles. We've coughed up a lot of turnovers and they have been quite severely punished. But if we can just be a bit cleaner and maybe SDK starts to get his hand on the ball a bit more...the hit-out numbers I read in an earlier post are staggering, it might keep us in the game. But Collingwood is pretty much runball/tackleball and then sprint forward once a turnover happens.

Take a deep breath

I'm looking at you. . .everyone who is critical

Ball is wet + slippery

Yes, we're only four points ahead

Just. . .

Breathe

Chilling Mental Health GIF by megan lockhart

+ if our Boyz don't play a Premiership quarter in Q3, I'll lose it !!!

+ if we lose Q4, I'll lose it!!!

+ if we lose the game, I'll lose it!!!

Humphries looks a little lost, chasing his man
Caught out by some slick ball movement
Rest of the new guys are doing very well

Surprisingly Cats old heads are not wise heads
Playing like dumb heads with rookie mistakes
Henry’s positioning and efforts were pretty comical in the first half same goes for Kolo’s efforts espically that dropped mark …it’s weird to see them make silly errors like that with their experience

Can't help think that the style of footy the Pies (and Tigers in their pomp) is helped by playing lots of night games, it's more slippery and fumbles are punished more, plus they just seem to be better one-grabbers of even loose balls and ones reefed out of tackles. We've coughed up a lot of turnovers and they have been quite severely punished. But if we can just be a bit cleaner and maybe SDK starts to get his hand on the ball a bit more...the hit-out numbers I read in an earlier post are staggering, it might keep us in the game. But Collingwood is pretty much runball/tackleball and then sprint forward once a turnover happens.
This is the sort of game a FIT Cam Guthrie would star in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, the distance wasn't an issue, but the accuracy clearly was.

I'm just saying I think he knew he couldn't achieve both.
Imho, I would not want the ball in any other Cats players' hands at that spot.

Only inaccuracy, not a distance issue

He was looking to pass it off from when he took the mark

But when he couldn't find an option that's when he went back to take his kick

He was never going to kick it in that situation

Sick of seeing daicos whinging to the umps every time he doesn’t get the ball. The umps just say oh sorry we’ll give you the next free kick. Maynard all over jezza. Holding him completely out of the play and nothing.

I wouldn't want to see SDK deep inside 50 much tonight with those fleet-footed Pies smalls buzzing around.

Reckon they'd just run straight past him.

Would like some strong marks around the ground from SDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back