Autopsy Rd 2 Blues suffer bitterly disappointing loss to arch rival

Who played well for Carlton in Round 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting a Teague presser of not good enough in the contests. Better version of Bolton.... doesn’t say much does it? Quite sad. As a young supporter of the club I haven’t seen much success. Was really looking forward to it this year. Just about ready to give up after that

Cripps, Curnow, Setters, Newnes, Dow slow the midfield down way too much. As soon as the balls turned over, there is no speed / defensive running from these players due to their characteristics.

How could you even put Kemp, Stocker or Kennedy into the mix..it’s basically an iceberg at this point.

Im afraid there will be no improvement in this team until the midfield mix is right...and I just don’t see how that’s going to happen within 24 months.

I’m now hoping that we lose to Freo, GC, Port and Bris and were 0-6. fu** the club. No one wants this more than supporters. I sometimes believe we’d play better than the trash that gets put out.

I hope we win the next four in a row and build some confidence around the place. Supporters like you are not what the club needs. “**** the club” . . . ridiculous.

I tackled my beer can more often than Carlton tackled players on the first quarter. ****ing 4. They are all embarrassing us as members. The o it way this club may fix it is if we walk away. We can’t just blidlt support mediocrity.

If its still the same story at the end of round 4, yeah cool id agree. .but its a new season and ill give them a chance to work it out.

Not every team starts the season on fire in winning form.
Some take a bit to get going, others peak too soon and fall away.
Not through fitness or effort, it just takes time for things to gel.

A poor patch where we couldn't capitalise last week in which we kicked 2.8 cost us a win against the premiers.
And it was the same story tonight minus bad kicking. It was not capitalising on our dominance in our forward 50.

We were better last week than this week but there's always next week and so on.

Us not capitalising is a step up on teams getting 5 goals in 10 minutes bursts against us.

Ill give em a chance to get it together for the time being.
New year, same sh*t, same problems in game plan, same players making same mistakes....it's not based off just 2 games

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting a Teague presser of not good enough in the contests. Better version of Bolton.... doesn’t say much does it? Quite sad. As a young supporter of the club I haven’t seen much success. Was really looking forward to it this year. Just about ready to give up after that
was a pathetic typical presser.... would of preferred a Malthouse, say nothing and tell off a reporter job.. would at least show Teague has some emotion.

If they’re determined to drag murph to 300 games, can we just make him injury sub for the season? He, setters, cas need to be dropped. Give sps a chance up the ground to see whether he’s up to it. Stop trying to turn him into a defender as all it’s doing is turning him into a shit footballer.

Cas playing ahead of McDonald after last week says everything about our selection team.

It has occurred to me. He's 26 and seems to have hit a ceiling. If his asking price is around the $1m mark, we have some serious pondering to do. His value is declining though.

I'll take Serong and their first pick.

Yep the way the game is now played, is NOT suitable for him at all. Unless he can damage the scoreboard his trade currency is diminishing rapidly.

Cripps, Curnow, Setters, Newnes, Dow slow the midfield down way too much. As soon as the balls turned over, there is no speed / defensive running from these players due to their characteristics.

How could you even put Kemp, Stocker or Kennedy into the mix..it’s basically an iceberg at this point.

Im afraid there will be no improvement in this team until the midfield mix is right...and I just don’t see how that’s going to happen within 24 months.
Thing is...even when we do have the ball offensively our overlap running and handballing is so poor that we hardly even see us using this as a tactic. It's always long kick down the wing and hope for a mark or a spillage to a waiting crumber.

Anyone remember the 'champagne' footy we use to play during Ratten's coaching days where we could transition from defence to the F50 via a handball chain? Ah...the good old days.

Teague got the job based off playing to one's strength. Interesting hey
It's baffling why we try and turn players into something they're not. These guys get drafted because they're the best at what they do. Sure, some skills are easily transferable i.e. moving a half back flanker onto a wing. But why move a contested player like Setterfield onto a wing and expect him to beat guys like Sidebottom or Crisp who have been playing a running role their whole lives.

The whole Cripps into a forward is one that I still don't get. We have enough big forwards, and he doesn't offer a point of difference to guys like Harry. Leave home in the middle. He just appears to clog up our forward entries whenever he goes forward.

Ok, Cripps was terrible tonight but I was exaggerating in suggesting he should go. The melts are real.

He did legitimately crash three of Harry’s contests and was just laboured all over the field though, not a great look from our captain.

Positive takeaways?
Omac starts next week
Martin and Williams were great
Saad continues to impress
Walsh heroic as ever
McKay cooled his jets and slotted 4 straight
SPS looks to be gaining confidence by foot
Fogarty was elite
Fisher had glimpses

EDIT:
Gibbo, what a star!

Remove this Banner Ad