Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a dude on a keyboard, just like everyone else here.
Precisely. As are you.
Where do you get off telling me how to follow this club?

I haven't forgotten the feeble attempt to chastise me about Hardie by raising false and out of context remarks about Neale and trying to act like being critical of Parfitt isn't perfectly reasonable.

I know this might be more of a casual fan's take but give me that kind of win over a 60 point flogging. I like seeing the team do well obviously but when we pull through in a tight one, every goal and good thing a player does feels so much more impactful.
Like imagine Humphries kicked his first against NM compared to the ripper one he produced tonight, its still good but its definitely not the same.

I didn't watch any of the match after quarter time & only briefly listened to parts of the second quarter, but do I take it that these two posts tell me everything I need to know about the match?

1722686380956.png

I've been here a lot longer than you and have plenty of memories of myself, and even more from others pumping up young players only for it to end with a fizzle so I am far more circumspect now at rating fresh talent. Parsons, Kersten, Mitch Brown, GHS, Constable (who once got a 'Universal Love' based off a preseason game)... among others that I need to see it consistently now before being convinced.
Yeah that's fair. I remember having high hopes for thurlow

Agree, there are no guarantees but he has size , will get stronger and has a very accurate kick.
He was a State 400/800 metre runner and has great balance and athleticism- the attributes are all there plus he’s only jus turned 22.

This is an interview from preseason. He’s got a great head on his shoulders, I’d back him in, he’s looking more and more comfortable and has only played 15 games.

1. You seem to have far more of an issue with how I follow this club than most. Try to pull up anything remotely critical or negative. Guess you like the conservative boring types. I have never been afraid to say things that may be controversial or could go against the grain. and so long as we have the 16th (yay we went up from 17th) best midfield then none of them will get praise from me. It is an unacceptable standard.

2. Patronising me rarely ends well, for the initiator. Won't hold back giving a piece of my mind in return.

3. Telling me what or how to do it ends well even less often. I'll do and say what I want when I want, and how I want.

As for the majority of this post however, superfluous. Completely and utterly redundant comments. I have been contented by our last flag to just watch football for enjoyment and not the anxiety of September expectations. And this comment and the players you've listed shows you have paid little attention to most of what I have said on those players listed, which is another reason the comments are redundant.

Hint: SDK, Henry, Holmes, Humphries, Dempsey and Conway are players I have for the most part had a litany of positive things to say about.
Jesus mate , get your ego under control.
It’s a Footy Forum FFS - we are all armchair experts , just enjoy the diversity of opinions…..

Meh. Sums up today.
Meh performance from a meh team.

Finding each week that there are more and more in this team becoming hard to warm to.

SDK if he's done an ACL will be saddening stuff.
I get the meh feeling. But if swans supporter or carlton would feel worse than meh despite being top 2 all year.

Other than Brisbane, Port and Bulldogs (both just recently) and maybe Hawks (still need to keep winning) every team supporter feels same right now.

We just need to hang in there and play in Sept - and I am not counting us out (even though I am also not expecting anything

Jesus mate , get your ego under control.
It’s a Footy Forum FFS - we are all armchair experts , just enjoy the diversity of opinions…..
I hate being patronised. Hate it.
I hate being told how to follow this club even more.

I am now noticing what has plagued others over the years, you get barbed responses when you say something less than positive on here, probably why guys like spazz cat, meto etc quit. Happy clapper echo chamber at times here.

Tonight it was that I haven't warmed to this bunch of players. Toreador surmises incorrectly from that statement that I am being spoilt and delusional while Kobe patronises me while asserting how I should follow this club... And for what. I benign comment that I am having trouble warming to a lot in this group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the meh feeling. But if swans supporter or carlton would feel worse than meh despite being top 2 all year.

Other than Brisbane, Port and Bulldogs (both just recently) and maybe Hawks (still need to keep winning) every team supporter feels same right now.

We just need to hang in there and play in Sept - and I am not counting us out (even though I am also not expecting anything
Finally something more respectful and reasonable.
For all the others, I'll be there with tickets to whatever final we may play at the G this year. Supporting my team regardless.

Yes he did. Something about he has a loose knee or something they said. Im hoping for good news but im fearing its season over.
It is same thing…knee cap “comes out”. Been an issue for 18 months. Issue now is that it has happened a few times in quick succession.

Not sure what that means in now in terms of whether they just keep going or try to do something

I hate being patronised. Hate it.
I hate being told how to follow this club even more.

I am now noticing what has plagued others over the years, you get barbed responses when you say something less than positive on here, probably why guys like spazz cat, meto etc quit. Happy clapper echo chamber at times here.

Tonight it was that I haven't warmed to this bunch of players. Toreador surmises incorrectly from that statement that I am being spoilt and delusional while Kobe patronises me while asserting how I should follow this club... And for what. I benign comment that I am having trouble warming to a lot in this group.
Pretty simple - don’t let others control you .
Believe in yourself , express your opinions and accept there will be others who disagree and don’t be offended by that.
I responded to your no guarantees for Neale with my assessment of him as I’ve followed his progress from Colts over here.
All good - this is a very good forum with many who Clearly know the game well, lets celebrate that 👍

Can someone create a gif for me of Riley Thilthorpe with his hands to his ears?

Hobo looking flog that he is.
And one for Rachele signalling ‘show me the money’ after a goal then pulling out of multiple contests immediately after. Turtle.

Ugly but good to get the win. My voice is worse for wear after Blicavs flipped the switch and went into turnover mode. Jezza, Stengle, Mannagh were great and Stewart and Bruhn were good. Jack Henry, SDK and Kolo were made to look silly at times. Ollie Henry is barely contributing.

I am still yet to be convinced. Has time on his side and you'd hope a decent 2025 is around the corner. But he is sitting at 7 goals from the 5 games Hawkins has missed injured.
Don’t mind him, but I’m playing Hawkins as soon as he can.

Pretty simple - don’t let others control you .
Believe in yourself , express your opinions and accept there will be others who disagree and don’t be offended by that.
I responded to your no guarantees for Neale with my assessment of him as I’ve followed his progress from Colts over here.
All good - this is a very good forum with many who Clearly know the game well, lets celebrate that 👍
All good. Disagreement I can handle. Didn't appreciate having my support questioned, we've all ploughed $$$$ into this club.

My view of Neale has changed as the year has gone on btw. Didn't want him in while Hawkins and Cameron were playing. Now I am disappointed he hasn't nailed his 8 week stint as the main man, because I think he's capable to do so. Needs to get involved more. We already have Henry as a largely absent forward. 1 breakout game of 3-4 goals and a few marks is all he needs.

Tuohy should have been the sub with bowes in the MF. Luckily we got away with it.
Thought it may have got a mention in here, but thought Bowes coming on to play on Dawson was a turning point in the game at the start of the last. Dawson went behind the ball in third and turned the game for them, don’t reckon he touched it in the last (got hurt too which helped).

Last edited:
I didn't watch any of the match after quarter time & only briefly listened to parts of the second quarter, but do I take it that these two posts tell me everything I need to know about the match?

View attachment 2067882
I know that was a gag, but honestly, it wasn’t that bad.

Yeah we let go of the rope for 15 minutes after the Jezza non-free, but we did dominate much of the game before that, and fought back for a win. It’s not like we fell over the line, we had the match back on our terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back