Preview RD 21 Geelong V Crows Sat Aug 3 2024 435pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still getting done in the clearance differential most weeks:

View attachment 2064494
Scores from clearances is a lot more relevant but not sure where to get that data.

Early in the year we were losing the raw clearances but doing fairly well in scoring differential from clearances. Essentially we were intercepting/neutralising opposition clearances while being fairly efficient with our ones.

Perhaps this is what CD has looked at to put us 5th since round 12.

We're good to go, the blowers have done their work.
My only concern now is that the team are hot and the Chandon is cold.
And that Zouz Kitty doesn't suffer post game Hamstring Tightness.

If that's what we"re calling it. ;)
It sounds almost as debilitating as calf tightness. I won't be chasing anyone up the level 2 stairs just to be safe. 🙉

Win on Saturday and we could finish as high as 2nd and just 1 game behind the Swans, depending on other results.
Lose and we could be as low as 8th and facing Freo on their home deck next week!
Massive “must wins” almost every week from here on in. Percentage is also critical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win on Saturday and we could finish as high as 2nd and just 1 game behind the Swans, depending on other results.
Lose and we could be as low as 8th and facing Freo on their home deck next week!
Massive “must wins” almost every week from here on in. Percentage is also critical.

We'll finished 5th-8th no matter what happens this weekend.

I know it is dangerous to think about percentage before actually doing enough to win. But over the next 4 games we need two games I think where we can close the % gap on Carlton for example. Only games available to do that are Adelaide and West Coast - so we need a very solid win this week

I can't see any advantage for Geelong or more importantly Stengle having him sit out this week to brood and beat himself up over what ever happened last week, get him back into the thick of things with his mates and mostly a sympathetic home crowed at KP. Speaking from experience keeping busy and genuine support from from your mates is the recipe for healing and recovery just shut the little man up in your head.

I can't see any advantage for Geelong or more importantly Stengle having him sit out this week to brood and beat himself up over what ever happened last week, get him back into the thick of things with his mates and mostly a sympathetic home crowed at KP. Speaking from experience keeping busy and genuine support from from your mates is the recipe for healing and recovery just shut the little man up in your head.
Bad oyster, experienced that before. We should still win if he is given a week off.

We'll finished 5th-8th no matter what happens this weekend.
You don't think we're a chance of finishing top 4 when we're percentage out at the moment and with 3 of our last 4 games against teams currently placed 14th, 15th, & 16th?

Granted, Carlton also have a relatively easy run home, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

What I wanna see from Stengle this week is the 1%ers.
All game long.

Lead the tackle count.
Taps to other players advantage.
Make his presence felt but he doesn't need to kick 9.

Show the teamates that his work ethic to help the team win in unquestioned.

GO Cattesr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're good to go, the blowers have done their work.
My only concern now is that the team are hot and the Chandon is cold.
And that Zouz Kitty doesn't suffer post game Hamstring Tightness.

If that's what we"re calling it. ;)

Just roll me to LOTI after the game 😜
Happy New Year GIF

What I wanna see from Stengle this week is the 1%ers.
All game long.

Lead the tackle count.
Taps to other players advantage.
Make his presence felt but he doesn't need to kick 9.

Show the teamates that his work ethic to help the team win in unquestioned.

GO Cattesr
To be frank, negative reinforcement shouldn't be the motivating reason to do this.

So I want to see Tyson play his normal game and help the team that way. Going above and beyond because you ****ed up only leads to questions of why can't you do it all the time.

In: Zach Tuohy, Tom Atkins, Rhys Stanley

Out: Gary Rohan (Concussion), Mitch Duncan (Managed), Ted Clohesy (Omitted)

GEELONG v ADELAIDE CROWS

Saturday August 3, 4:35pm at GMHBA Stadium

CATS
B: J.Henry, S.De Koning, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: L.Humphries, Z.Guthrie, J.Bews
C: M.Holmes, M.Blicavs, O.Dempsey
HF: T.Stengle, B.Close, S.Mannagh
F: S.Neale, J.Cameron, G.Rohan
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Stewart

I/C: Z.Tuohy, O.Henry, T.Bruhn, J.Bowes, G.Miers

EMG: T.Clohesy, M.Duncan, M.Knevitt

IN: R.Stanley, Z.Tuohy
OUT: M.Duncan (Managed), T.Clohesy (Omitted)

CROWS
B: M.Michalanney, M.Keane, L.Nankervis
HB: B.Dowling, N.Murray, M.Hinge
C: L.Sholl, M.Crouch, J.Soligo
HF: B.Keays, R.Thilthorpe, Z.Taylor
F: L.Murphy, T.Walker, D.Fogarty - C
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, J.Dawson

I/C: D.Curtin, J.Worrell, J.Rachele, S.Berry, H.Bond

EMG: B.Smith, E.Himmelberg, J.Borlase

IN: N.Murray, M.Crouch, J.Dawson, J.Worrell
OUT: J.Borlase (Omitted), E.Himmelberg (Omitted), B.Cook (Omitted), C.Jones (Personal Reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back