Not open for further replies.
Seems the AFL & Fox Footy jumped the gun and missed Rohan out:

Round 21​

Geelong v Adelaide

GMHBA Stadium, Geelong

4.35pm AEST

Saturday August 3

In: Zach Tuohy, Tom Atkins, Rhys Stanley

Out: Gary Rohan (Concussion), Mitch Duncan (Managed), Ted Clohesy (Omitted)

Wise week to manage Duncan. Long flight to Perth to come in a must win game for top 4.
Two good ins. Would prefer to move past Stanley but is what it is.

Outs are logical. Forced concussion, rested and a youngster because who else really. No whipping boys (Parfitt, Mullin, MOC) to drop instead.

I thought Atkins was a confirmed in.

The club has listed him as an in

Seems an error on the listed sheet that has Rohan still on the field even though he's out with concussion

GEELONG v ADELAIDE CROWS

Saturday August 3, 4:35pm at GMHBA Stadium

CATS
B: J.Henry, S.De Koning, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: L.Humphries, Z.Guthrie, J.Bews
C: M.Holmes, M.Blicavs, O.Dempsey
HF: T.Stengle, B.Close, S.Mannagh
F: S.Neale, J.Cameron, G.Rohan
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Stewart

I/C: Z.Tuohy, O.Henry, T.Bruhn, J.Bowes, G.Miers

EMG: T.Clohesy, M.Duncan, M.Knevitt

IN: R.Stanley, Z.Tuohy
OUT: M.Duncan (Managed), T.Clohesy (Omitted)

CROWS
B: M.Michalanney, M.Keane, L.Nankervis
HB: B.Dowling, N.Murray, M.Hinge
C: L.Sholl, M.Crouch, J.Soligo
HF: B.Keays, R.Thilthorpe, Z.Taylor
F: L.Murphy, T.Walker, D.Fogarty - C
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, J.Dawson

I/C: D.Curtin, J.Worrell, J.Rachele, S.Berry, H.Bond

EMG: B.Smith, E.Himmelberg, J.Borlase

IN: N.Murray, M.Crouch, J.Dawson, J.Worrell
OUT: J.Borlase (Omitted), E.Himmelberg (Omitted), B.Cook (Omitted), C.Jones (Personal Reason)

Selected sides re their listed positions you have to tread carefully

However Miers listed on the Inter Change bench , is there anything to read into that , given that Mannagh is in the side and playing well

However Miers listed on the Inter Change bench , is there anything to read into that , given that Mannagh is in the side and playing well

I think the team sheets are currently a little incorrect since they still list Rohan in the team and we know he's out

But team sheets on a Thursday night don't mean much - final team an hour before the match is more important

I mean Miers was in the coaches votes from last week, so there is nothing to read into it. Even if he started on the bench, which I doubt he does, it would be for the first 3 or 4 minutes before a rotation is made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh my God, still?!

"Where is Hardie..."
"What more does Hardie have to?"
"Does Scott know Hardie is on our list?"
"Hardie will go to a new club next year and show us" - 🤨

Plus
"Stanley is finally back 🥳, or
"WTF, why is Stanley and Tuohy back"

😂

Playing with fire keeping Bews in. His unpressured turnovers are such a liability and directly result in goals against.

Team selection is at times hard to fathom in 2024.

Think the main reason he kept his spot was due to managing Duncan this week

IF Duncan returns against Fremantle, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at the expense of Bews

Stanley in to be the sacrificial lamb V the goat ROB.

ROB monsters Stanley for fun and would manhandle SDK.

So I'm good for Stanley to have one last crack at some revenge, whilst protecting SDK.

Stanley in to be the sacrificial lamb V the goat ROB.

ROB monsters Stanley for fun and would manhandle SDK.

So I'm good for Stanley to have one last crack at some revenge, whilst protecting SDK.
Honestly Stanley must know this is last chance saloon so I wonder if we get the yearly "Stanley purple patch" where he plays 4 top quality games.

Would be a good time for them to happen.

Playing with fire keeping Bews in. His unpressured turnovers are such a liability and directly result in goals against.

Team selection is at times hard to fathom in 2024.

If the game is decided by the inclusion or exclusion of Bews, so much has gone wrong already that Bews couldn't possibly be held responsible for it

GEELONG v ADELAIDE CROWS

Saturday August 3, 4:35pm at GMHBA Stadium

CATS
B: J.Henry, S.De Koning, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: L.Humphries, Z.Guthrie, J.Bews
C: M.Holmes, M.Blicavs, O.Dempsey
HF: T.Stengle, B.Close, S.Mannagh
F: S.Neale, J.Cameron, G.Rohan
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Stewart

I/C: Z.Tuohy, O.Henry, T.Bruhn, J.Bowes, G.Miers

EMG: T.Clohesy, M.Duncan, M.Knevitt

IN: R.Stanley, Z.Tuohy
OUT: M.Duncan (Managed), T.Clohesy (Omitted)

CROWS
B: M.Michalanney, M.Keane, L.Nankervis
HB: B.Dowling, N.Murray, M.Hinge
C: L.Sholl, M.Crouch, J.Soligo
HF: B.Keays, R.Thilthorpe, Z.Taylor
F: L.Murphy, T.Walker, D.Fogarty - C
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, J.Dawson

I/C: D.Curtin, J.Worrell, J.Rachele, S.Berry, H.Bond

EMG: B.Smith, E.Himmelberg, J.Borlase

IN: N.Murray, M.Crouch, J.Dawson, J.Worrell
OUT: J.Borlase (Omitted), E.Himmelberg (Omitted), B.Cook (Omitted), C.Jones (Personal Reason)
So what do you think in terms of sub? You and I have shared the view that this year I think it has always come from the named i/c (I don’t think there has been an exception?)

But this named interchange is interesting as I can’t see anyone on there I would expect to be sub….other than 2E. Given the role Bowes played last week (he was very good lock down) he would be desperately unlucky but I suppose with Atkins back he could be logical?

Although this list doesnt have atkins in the team and has Rohan in the pocket? And atkins would not be in the forward pocket so maybe interchange mix changes when corrected?

So what do you think in terms of sub? You and I have shared the view that this year I think it has always come from the named i/c (I don’t think there has been an exception?)

But this named interchange is interesting as I can’t see anyone on there I would expect to be sub….other than 2E. Given the role Bowes played last week (he was very good lock down) he would be desperately unlucky but I suppose with Atkins back he could be logical?

Although this list doesnt have atkins in the team and has Rohan in the pocket? And atkins would not be in the forward pocket so maybe interchange mix changes when corrected?

We’ve finally got an updated team sheet with Rohan out & Atkins added - Henry moves from the bench to the pocket in place of Rohan and Atkins jumps onto the bench

So the bench now looks like: Atkins, Bowes, Bruhn, Miers & Tuohy

If we take it that the sub will come from the bench, I’m going with Atkins or Tuohy as sub, leaning a little towards Axe as he’s someone who’ll goo 100% from the time he enters the field no matter what stage of the match it is - plus it will allow him to ease back in after a fortnight off due to hamstring/back issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back