Preview RD 21 Geelong V Crows Sat Aug 3 2024 435pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking Tuohy will be sub. We’ll put Holmes back to half back, run with Blicavs on the wing, and rotate 5 midfielders - Danger, Stewart, Atkins, Bruin and Bowes.

If, and it’s a big if, Stanley can stay fit and play to an OK level, this is pretty much our best 22. Just swap Bews with Duncan. If CGuthrie happens to return, we’ll squeeze him in somewhere.

I dont feel this will be a walk in the park, Crows have the ability to play good footy and our form at home has been absolute horse shit

We need a big win to send a message to the comp that we are ready to make a run in Finals.

Way too many people I’ve heard talking about us talking as if we are an afterthought/making up the numbers.

While I predicted us to finish 7th and get knocked out in the first week, let’s not do that if possible lol

Bews to back up no surprise.
Jed's earned it. We are usually not the type of Club to yoyo someone of his standing in and then straight out.
That last week would be his goodbye game was a poor prediction. We still need all the help we can get.

I did have a wry smile watching Jed resume normal programming as he launched one out on the full last week.

We need a big win to send a message to the comp that we are ready to make a run in Finals.

Way too many people I’ve heard talking about us talking as if we are an afterthought/making up the numbers.

While I predicted us to finish 7th and get knocked out in the first week, let’s not do that if possible lol
After last year id be interested to know what the club considers a pass mark, is it just to make the finals or is it to go further? Considering the young guys we have played this year id think finals is more a realistic goal.

How crazy is it that we are two points and a hefty% away from second, and four points away from ninth?

Every game a must win at minimum, but % boost a massive bonus. We are good things-A chance to build v Adelaide, for mine. Then integrating Hawk back in means interesting days ahead. We sure chose the right team for success and entertainment ratio, not to mention player development.

Magic really. Something I'm always grateful for when watching other frustrating cellar dwellers.

How crazy is it that we are two points and a hefty% away from second, and four points away from ninth?

Every game a must win at minimum, but % boost a massive bonus. We are good things-A chance to build v Adelaide, for mine. Then integrating Hawk back in means interesting days ahead. We sure chose the right team for success and entertainment ratio, not to mention player development.

Magic really. Something I'm always grateful for when watching other frustrating cellar dwellers.

Must we / should we integrate Hawkins?

I've loved the big fella and all that he's done for the club, but he's looked very ordinary this year, and our forward line has looked more agile, unpredictable, and better balanced in his absence.

It's not the best way to go out, and he deserves a 'goodbye' game for sure, but I'm not sure he should be part of our finals plan tbh.

I've loved the big fella and all that he's done for the club, but he's looked very ordinary this year, and our forward line has looked more agile, unpredictable, and better balanced in his absence.

It's not the best way to go out, and he deserves a 'goodbye' game for sure, but I'm not sure he should be part of our finals plan tbh.
Assuming hawkins is fit it comes down to hawkins or neale. As bad as hawkins has been the break may of refreshed him and helped him get over some of his niggling issues. In saying that neale is in prime position. A couple of solid games at his best and the spot is his. But if he struggles then we may have to look at hawkins again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing with fire keeping Bews in. His unpressured turnovers are such a liability and directly result in goals against.

Team selection is at times hard to fathom in 2024.
Lol. Bews is important for the backline defence and some line breaking. And as for turnovers did you see touhy and duncan against the pies?

Bews, touhy and duncan are competing for two spots in defence. Although duncan can move up field if he doesnt make it in the defense slot.

Therein lies the question, lap of the Gods at this stage.
Watching him kick that final goal at the MCG to pip Hawthorn from 60m on the siren. LOL my highlight.

So whilst he's a bit broken compared to old, I wouldn't want the ball in anyone else's hands in that scenario.
And our mosquito fleet are priming up to deliver, should he lead. You're right. We'd have to find that balance again, but that's a kinetic thing anyway, given form .

You don't think we're a chance of finishing top 4 when we're percentage out at the moment and with 3 of our last 4 games against teams currently placed 14th, 15th, & 16th?

Granted, Carlton also have a relatively easy run home, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

I think Carlton win all of their last four, and I think we lose to Freo in WA. I think the Dogs will also overtake us. We most likely finish 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back