Game Day Rd 24 starts at 12:30pm Roos v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, who is not part of our future - who is not going to be good enough to play in a finals side?

Shiels obviously.
Fisher doesn’t prioritise defending, and we know a finals side dropped him prior to finals recognising he wasn’t going to be good enough.
Simpkin & McDonald haven’t shown any signs of being able to be competitive weekly and too often get beaten. They’ve been around long enough, the line is through.
Teakle & Pink are admirable for their effort but they are battlers who are filling a gap.
Stephens isn’t able to contest enough. He’s the equivalent of a Matty Roberts type who is able to play his role because of his teammates, however Roberts is a better kick and has played a lot less. Line through Stephens.
Tucker phased out of Freo once they started rising in 2022. Line through him.
Phillips is too one paced and struggle to see him getting into a midfield dynamic enough to play finals. Line.
Hansen & Drury are both undersized for me & don’t do enough. I don’t rate Drury at all. However I think both probably deserve a no judgement just yet.
Curtis, Dawson, Corr, Powell, Scott, Zurhaar are triers but they seem to not just be good enough. 50/50. I reckon only 3 max can be in our next finals side. If all 6 remain in the side I think the side struggles to get out of the bottom 4.

9 with a line through them. 2 probables but bit harsh to say just yet. 6 50/50s.

He'll never be a star of the comp while playing for North. He'll always be one of our best players and I would not dare trade him, but I just can't see LDU being considered one of the best players league wide. No AA's or even B&F's and he's 25.

Without injuries he would’ve had a least 1 B&F, and potentially an AA. Shut yer gob.

He'll never be a star of the comp while playing for North. He'll always be one of our best players and I would not dare trade him, but I just can't see LDU being considered one of the best players league wide. No AA's or even B&F's and he's 25.

For some reason this board has a heap of posters who see our last 5 years as a bottom 2 side and then argue black & blue our players are all either really talented and will be good, or are stars.

Evidence suggests they never are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I find surprising is that you lot are surprised by what's unfolding in front of our very eyes.
The side we put on the park is putrid.

We are playing six players short.
Six players short every week though yeah? Cos we’ve been shit all year.
I grossly overrated us preseason, shame on me for being fooled once again.

Ah well.

Not only are we playing a shit side, we've also messed up the selection of them, why is Mckercher and Fisher both in the backline? Clarko my patience is wearing thin.

Without injuries he would’ve had a least 1 B&F, and potentially an AA. Shut yer gob.

B&F, yes, in a bottom 2 side. So ****ing what? Jack Steven, Jy Simpkin & Nathan Jones aren’t or weren’t stars either.

AA no. Puts him in the Bont, Naicos, Gulden, Heeney echelon and he hasn’t been close to that for an entire season, just spurts here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back