Game Day Rd 24 starts at 12:30pm Roos v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People pull this bullshit all the time imagine potting a bloke with the frame of a twig who’s barely played 10 games if that. He has talent and is worth persisting with. Showing far more than the likes of phoenix spicer who we gave tonnes of chances…
He has no defensive effort, despite a season in the VFL

And to think, round 3, 2023, we were favourites against Hawks.

But Clarko’s been great. He’s really positive around the guys.
Expect for that one time where he lashed out after the West Coast choke, and now we've gone from bad to worse. Nothing works in any meaningful way with this soft playing group.

What the actual **** 😂 this is worse than last year. And they think we can’t ask for help. My god these guys talk so much shit within ‘the four walls’

It’s McKerchers opponent. Dickheads keep blaming McDonald for every small forward on the ground.

As soon as people start realising we are 2 down defensively with Fisher and McKercher the quicker they will understand why we get scored against easily.
Is that right? Mck had him once after a stoppage and was done one on one. Pretty sure lmac has him.

Half a chance this doesn't get to 100+ since the Hawks should go into cruise mode after half time to avoid any injuries
Shouldn't we just hurt them then? Injures them for the finals and puts their rotations down. Take a leaf out of the perfectly clean and not unsportsmanlike McCorkell-Jarrard-Reeves book in the last quarter of 1950

It’s McKerchers opponent. Dickheads keep blaming McDonald for every small forward on the ground.

As soon as people start realising we are 2 down defensively with Fisher and McKercher the quicker they will understand why we get scored against easily.

We get scored against easily because we allow so many (easy) inside 50’s and generate none of our own.

Is that right? Mck had him once after a stoppage and was done one on one. Pretty sure lmac has him.

Nah it's all the first year player's fault, not the captain's, who is literally in shot while ball is in play, running around 20m away from his direct player :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would LDU stay? If I was him, I’d be looking for a free agency move to the team he barracked for as a kid. Would not surprise me to see him playing for the Hawks in 2026 if we dish up more of this rubbish next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep, we should trade him to the saints for Max King before he gets a chance to hold us to ransom, then use pick 1 on his replacement.

So, who is not part of our future - who is not going to be good enough to play in a finals side?

Shiels obviously.
Fisher doesn’t prioritise defending, and we know a finals side dropped him prior to finals recognising he wasn’t going to be good enough.
Simpkin & McDonald haven’t shown any signs of being able to be competitive weekly and too often get beaten. They’ve been around long enough, the line is through.
Teakle & Pink are admirable for their effort but they are battlers who are filling a gap.
Stephens isn’t able to contest enough. He’s the equivalent of a Matty Roberts type who is able to play his role because of his teammates, however Roberts is a better kick and has played a lot less. Line through Stephens.
Tucker phased out of Freo once they started rising in 2022. Line through him.
Phillips is too one paced and struggle to see him getting into a midfield dynamic enough to play finals. Line.
Hansen & Drury are both undersized for me & don’t do enough. I don’t rate Drury at all. However I think both probably deserve a no judgement just yet.
Curtis, Dawson, Corr, Powell, Scott, Zurhaar are triers but they seem to not just be good enough. 50/50. I reckon only 3 max can be in our next finals side. If all 6 remain in the side I think the side struggles to get out of the bottom 4.

9 with a line through them. 2 probables but bit harsh to say just yet. 6 50/50s.
I think we need to concentrate on getting players, who can extract us from the bottom 4, we’re so far off finals, I’m not sure I’ll live long enough to see it and I’m not even 60 yet!

Get your hand off it. They aren’t playing McDonald on Watson.

People on here are so dumb. All they want to do is blame McDonald anytime an opposition small forward does something, even if he isn’t playing on him.

But keep carrying on blaming McDonald for every Hawthorn small.

Fisher has Ginnivan and McKercher has Watson.

Shouldn't we just hurt them then? Injures them for the finals and puts their rotations down. Take a leaf out of the perfectly clean and not unsportsmanlike McCorkell-Jarrard-Reeves book in the last quarter of 1950

Hawthorn are actually pretty exciting to watch, so no.

Can't help but respect how they do it. Wouldn't even mind them going all the way.

They'll be facing Carlton or W.B and I'd rather them beat both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back