Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Who played well in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just so people are aware how young we were today:

Games (this round) - Carlton - Brisbane - GCS
0-50 ---------------------- 14 ---------- 7 --------- 9
51-99 --------------------- 3 ----------- 7 --------- 8
100+ ----------------------5 ----------- 8 --------- 5

Like I said earlier in the week, we played one seriously young side vs a harder bodied side, and paid the price. We got monstered in close, and smashed on the outside.

That said, I didnt tick a single box in the OP's poll other than Thomas who looked like the only player out there that gave a ****.
Don’t know Mal, north are an average team and we made them look better. Our skills were just poor today, and tackling also poor apart from JSOS and Cuningham.

Thats where people have made the mistake. We are at our youngest. I just dont know how people think we are meant to be beating seasoned teams chock full of leadership?

We have cripps and not much else. Murphy has gone even softer and never really should have been a leader.

We took on a massive rebuild and we aren't out of the woods yet. Next year will also be frustrating when it comes to wins
It's probably based on our competitiveness and results from this season. I don't think people have made a mistake. We just looked at the the last few weeks and expected more than what was dished up today.

Why is it over the last 15 years when we show we have turned the corner we get injuries. Half time last week seems like nice dream and now I have woken up to reality.
Its reality we are in with such a young group we need to have close to our best side in through this rebuild to be competitive most weeks .
Unfortunately we've been hit with a bludy big angry injury stick and has made the job of pulling out of this mess much harder .

What hurts more is that now coming to round 8 we can yet again say our season is dusted and the injuries are beginning to creep up again meaning most likely more and more young teams put on the park who'll be smashed and crashed. When will the bloody wheel turn... footy is one of those small enjoyments I look forward to each weekend and it's just constant disappointment week after week... even the last few weeks of close heartbreaks are beginning to wear a bit thin.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again... so why are players like LOB put in yet again unless the plan is to demoralise him completely and remove any bit of confidence he may have eventually built up whilst playing in the 2's for a season or two and building himself up.

I was dreaming of Walls grabbing the coaches by the back of their collars and hoiking them out of the box and grabbing the headphones and begin to take orders... once you start to imagine that you know the coach(es) are beginning to tread a fine line... and I'm not the only member/supporter having those thoughts begin to creep in... dangerous times are afoot.

This trade period and draft it's time to ignore the kids and trade in for 4-5 mature players... yes we know we're already going to sacrifice Adelaide's first rounder, but we may need to throw in a player of worth to bring in 2-3 extra foot soldiers with experience and leadership.

Now the mid-season draft... is there a decent ruck out there??? or are we just going to grab a mid/small-forward?? Maybe best thing is to ask Lobbe to retire before that time in order to have another spot open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

changing the coach isn't going to improve the players. they're just as likely to stink it up with a new face, may as well ride it out.

we've delisted some players the last couple of years that could attack the ball more and be just as skilful as murphy has been this season.

can someone tell me how ,plowman does our kicking in........hes one of the worst kicks in the comp

bolton is not up to it.these players need a coach, who can put a semi attacking game plan in place,and a coach to put a rocket up these players.

casboult should never put on the jumper again.

and ,l o b,is starting to worry me big time.

Don’t know Mal, north are an average team and we made them look better. Our skills were just poor today, and tackling also poor apart from JSOS and Cuningham.

Dude; there were 13 players for North (thirteen) with 100+ games... vs our 5 (five).

We played a whopping 11 players 21 or younger. They had 4.

No side plays more than 4 or 5 x 21 year olds. We played 11 of them

It showed, big time. We were outmuscled in the clinches, they fed the ball to their outside players with ease, and then we got outran, and brushed aside.

No amount of coaching or skill makes a player faster, stronger, bigger and tougher. That comes from pre-seasons and hours in the legs and at the gym.

Just saw the Liam Jones incident.

Looked shocking

Hope he’s ok.

Wait until you see the footage of Plowman during the incident. Should never play for carlton again. Absolutely disgraceful. No respect for teammates in peril nor the jumper.

I couldn't be more angry.

All talk of needing a small forward......what about an actual ruckman that can give our midfield first use of the ball.
Love big K, but seems more injured these days.
I would throw all our picks at years end for Grundy, make him a godfather offer he cannot refuse.
Sick of getting killed in the middle and around the ground when Kruze is injured.

Highlight for me over the first 7 weeks, not just today, is that our coaching cannot adapt quick enough on match days. Again today, we allowed North to have the extra player around the ball while ours was guarding space across half back....end result - easy outside clearances and runs through and over our extra player. Very, very poor stucture all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 7 vs North. Terrible loss, poor skills, never in it.

Back