Preview Rd18: Changes & prematch discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we win this realistically?
We can.

We need to tighten up defensively though, with much better play from our small forwards.

Be interesting to see what their defensive set up looks like, especially if we line up the same as last week...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He does, he's good at it and in an ideal world where we had some quality small forwards he'd stay there. But the reality is we're uncompetitive at ground level in F-50 against mid table sides. We're getting scored heavily against from opposite D-50 exits. We won't play finals unless that changes so it's time to roll the dice.

But relax, it's not going to happen.

He's only kicked 10 goals in his career, so he either hasn't played there very often or he isn't very good at it

The pies leading goal kickers are as follows:

Hoskin-Elliot, Thomas, De Goey and Stephenson.

All small/medium forwards.

Our kryptonite.
West Cokes talls kicked 6.6 on the weekend. Their kryptonite.

Should be a great game imo

Was pointed out last night on the various footy shows that the GWS and Eagles beat the fast footed by using possession footy...which isn't our strongest point.

Still shaking my head in disbelief that we couldn't recognise we had 2 minutes to protect a 7 point lead Sunday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quietly confident we'll win.

I had us 8-12 at the start of the season, referred to it as draft purgatory. Looking likely now.

In a sense, our best result is to free fall from here. But we've never been a club to lay down, and we won't. Giving all to win sets us aside from some of the pretenders in the competition.

Why on earth do you say this
Just unbelievable pessimism
Pies quite beatable
WC in Tassie
Dogs had there shot Gone
Brissy going better but still rubbish
And Sts unspeakable
Adl I'm not looking fwd too

And plenty of other teams fighting it out
We are a big show this yr if some of these blokes can actually get back on the park

I can tell by your eyes, you're not from round these parts are you stranger?

From my eyes, you can tell I'm from far beyond this astral plane.

Our only game at the G bar the big dance, I reckon we will go ok if the boys can build on the positives from last week and not go into their shells. Pies being convincingly beaten by the eagles helps. I'm not sure if there's anything in it but I believe playing our matches at Blundstone has really improved our performances on outside grounds in all weather conditions and I think we will thrive on the bigger paddock at the G :footy:

He's only kicked 10 goals in his career, so he either hasn't played there very often or he isn't very good at it
Shaun Higgins averaged 0 clearances (obviously rounded down) and less than 2 inside 50s in his games at the Bulldogs and not much more in his initial years with us. Based on your logic, he shouldn't have been moved into the midfield.

This year he averages 5 clearances and 6 inside 50s and has become an A+ mid. He was also playing well for us predominantly as a half forward.

Obviously the most compelling reason not to move M Williams forward is that he generally locks down very well on quality small forwards in large part because he has the same athletic qualities - agility, acceleration, good overhead and strong for his size. Despite claims to the contrary, he's ranked 4th for disposal efficiency at the club and reads the ball well.

I can see why against Collingwood's small forwards you'd leave him back but we've got to do/try something different so we can actually become competitive at ground level in F-50 and stop opposition half backs killing us.

Our only game at the G bar the big dance, I reckon we will go ok if the boys can build on the positives from last week and not go into their shells. Pies being convincingly beaten by the eagles helps. I'm not sure if there's anything in it but I believe playing our matches at Blundstone has really improved our performances on outside grounds in all weather conditions and I think we will thrive on the bigger paddock at the G :footy:
We played the Go Dees early on this year too.

We used to play the MCG pretty well, so I guess we'll see if that was about Scott's game plan or the players we used to have.

Our only game at the G bar the big dance, I reckon we will go ok if the boys can build on the positives from last week and not go into their shells.

Confidence eh? I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back