FootyIcon4

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders, Detroit Pistons
Who else would have preferred Renouf over Maric? He played in a premiership, is more athletic and is younger.

He went to Port for pick 33 and Richmond effectively used pick 37 for Maric

Who else would have preferred Renouf over Maric? He played in a premiership, is more athletic and is younger.

Given this draft, pick 37, get a ready made and strong bodied ruckman in Maric, I'm very happy with our trade.

Our mission for this trade period is accomplished, now perhaps to top it off with some trade offs with McGuane and Connors and try get Maccaffer! :thumbsu:

seeing Marics highlight reel on RFC website i dont think Maric is too bad a get he can run, has a good leap, can take marks, versatile good pick up Renouf perhaps would be on par with Maric or maybe a step below. Overall i like Maric looks to be strong bodied and will give it his all unlike Gus.

As I just mentioned in the other thread, Renouf only really became available once the Hawks needed to trade into an early pick so they could then chase Gillies from Geelong. Also Renouf isn't much of an upgrade on Graham so there would have been little point going after something we already have.

Not for mine. Yeah he's got a Premiership but he's got no idea at all. Just a basher and crasher. At least Maric has some finesse about him.

The Hawks did the right thing by trading him though their ruck stocks might be a bit thin if Max Bailey goes down again.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

(Offload Graham to them, in case it wasn't clear :))

I don't mind Renouf, but I thing Maric is a guy in terms of body shape that could play for another 8 years at least so we should have a reliable clubman who is there for the duration as has a bit of ability to go with it!! Makes our ruck stocks far more robust and gives us more options regarding getting better personnel going forward. Not a stupid pick up by any means IMO! was he worth 37 who knows but I am glad he is here anyway and he makes our team a lot more attractive if we want to get the likes of Caddy to our club as well!!

as crowsfan's link shows, last year renouf took more marks and had more hitouts and tackles than Maric when both were mainly playing 1st ruck.
Not every ruck can mark like nic nat.

I think it comes down to one simple equation.

Maric wanted to come to Richmond Renouf didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the 3rd time of posted this. In 2010 Maric wasn't Adelaide's first ruckman. He was second under Johnathan Griffen.

lol...mate go to the adelaide board and ask.Griffin only played 11 games in 2010 and had less a gametime than Maric.

I think pick 33 and pick 37 are fair trades for both.Considering their stats are fairly similar but Reneouf is younger.

I'd be very surprised if Brendon Lade wasn't consulted on the relative rucking abilities of both Renouf and Ivan, he's rucked against both plenty and would have a far more intimate knowledge on their plusses and negatives than any of us on BF!!

In Brendon Lade you trust IMO.

didnt port only go to renouf as a backup, they were into maric first as well. i think maric for 37 is a win over renouf for 33 personally. renouf has only really ever been a backup ruckman at the hawks while maric was number 1, and has been pushed out by a very good young ruck in jacobs. a no brainer between the two i say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Renouf vs Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Back