Review Review v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Bl00dy poor form by an opposition supporter if true

I was there, 100% true and shithouse behaviour. Hope the crowd around them got stuck into them. There were more Saints fans around their cheer squad than Suns any way.

Did any one else see the dickheads in the Gold Coast cheer squad blinding Bruce with a laser flashing thing in his eyes when he had a shot on goal. Luckily they seemed to stop after that, some of the less sporting behaviour you see in footy.
They stopped after they saw just how bad he was kicking it. Was more likely to help than hinder! :D

I wouldn't say Roo is cooked but showed signs the end is coming especially noticeable at the gam he can't turn & burst anymore but still has some impact until he doesn't he stays in, we would need a replacement for him anyway which means McCartin needs to get to a level where he is impacting the scoreboard.

He's struggling to get into positions he used to and some of his pace looks like it's dropped. He dropped a couple he would have willed himself to pull in once but still the best forward we have and takes a quality defender away from Bruce and Memebery. A couple of his field kicks were horrible but over all he's still in our top 10 players when ever he plays.

I'm glad it wasn't just me!
I mentioned to my friend that I was certain there should have been another point on there.....not that we needed another damn point! But as you say...
I'll have to try and watch the replay this week to make sure of it!

Did any one else see the dickheads in the Gold Coast cheer squad blinding Bruce with a laser flashing thing in his eyes when he had a shot on goal. Luckily they seemed to stop after that, some of the less sporting behaviour you see in footy.
I mentioned this in this thread earlier. As of last night the club was going to investigate it although I think they were satisfied with how it was managed by Etihad security.

Disgusting behaviour.

Not bagging him by any means , but with Armitage injured Ross has been shouldering a lot of the load in the guts this year and doing a great job of it.
In a good side, there are enough good players to fill the gaps if someone has a down day.

I thought Ross was a bit down on some of his previous games ( though still better than a lot of the others ). With Steven's playing a pressure ,( but low ball winning game ) and Steele in the VFL, it put more pressure on the rest of the team.
During the previous 10 games Ross has won 10 or more contested possessions, he only had 6 this game.

If Steven's is going to play the kind of game where he ignores the ball and tackle's everyone then I don't think we can also afford to have Weller playing the game where he runs around trying to scare the opposition and missing set shots.

Shocking attendance again! I was in awe at how many Gold Coast supporters were there, it put us to shame. Some of the poor umpiring would not have happened if we had a bigger (at games) and more vocal supporter group.

They talk about having full time umpires. I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that the umpiring body needs to review the games, and one of the things they need to be looking at and stamping out is crowd influence on decisions.
We now have commentators and media people talking as if its an acceptable thing.

Not bagging him by any means , but with Armitage injured Ross has been shouldering a lot of the load in the guts this year and doing a great job of it.
In a good side, there are enough good players to fill the gaps if someone has a down day.

I thought Ross was a bit down on some of his previous games ( though still better than a lot of the others ). With Steven's playing a pressure ,( but low ball winning game ) and Steele in the VFL, it put more pressure on the rest of the team.
During the previous 10 games Ross has won 10 or more contested possessions, he only had 6 this game.

If Steven's is going to play the kind of game where he ignores the ball and tackle's everyone then I don't think we can also afford to have Weller playing the game where he runs around trying to scare the opposition and missing set shots.

At the ground he seemed to spend a lot of time away from the midfield and at one point was sitting on a player in a pocket. I think we tried a few things with different set ups through the midfield. Very rarely did we set up our best 4 mids in the middle and just towards the end of the match when it needed winning we stacked our best in there. Gresh etc all got a run yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They talk about having full time umpires. I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that the umpiring body needs to review the games, and one of the things they need to be looking at and stamping out is crowd influence on decisions.
We now have commentators and media people talking as if its an acceptable thing.

It's like they are so immune from criticism they think nothing is wrong ever. Adding trivial rules doesn't help them focus either. Making a complex game more complex seems a stupid idea. I remember the review of umpiring earlier in the year rather than admitting they got a decision wrong when Joey had clearly hand passed before being tackled but gave away a free anyway, they suggested the umpire may have wanted to award the effort of the chasing player......no he just made the wrong ****ing call.

Lonie was Very good
Dunstan Good
Koby very good
Jake good glad he is at our club

Roo should not of played clearly knee is not right
Blake worse game of the year

yep we had a terrible game from Acres and Gilbo, Seb and Jack Steven were hardly in the game but still should have won by another 5 goals. We are kind of middle of the table right now and look too good for the ordinary teams but a big gulf from the top 5 teams right now. We are playing a pretty passionless brand right of footy.

It's like they are so immune from criticism they think nothing is wrong ever. Adding trivial rules doesn't help them focus either. Making a complex game more complex seems a stupid idea. I remember the review of umpiring earlier in the year rather than admitting they got a decision wrong when Joey had clearly hand passed before being tackled but gave away a free anyway, they suggested the umpire may have wanted to award the effort of the chasing player......no he just made the wrong ******* call.

Exactly.
And while i'm not out to publicly humiliate every umpire that gets it wrong. I simply have no faith that they have a suitable internal process in place.
Subjective rules just make it worse. They can look at each individual decision and say, "yes that can be interpreted as correct" yet it doesn't stop a string of decisions going in favour of one team. Looking for an "even" number of free kicks is not correct either, if a team figures that they are getting away with something they will press their luck. In this case the correct free kick count would be offset against them.

In regards to the scoring issue. If the TV/score board ****ed up it wouldn't be realised until the umpires met at the end of the game to compare score cards.

Issue would have likely been raised and I imagine they would have reviewed the entire game before amending the scores.

Strange that there hasn't been an update or short article on it though.

At the ground he seemed to spend a lot of time away from the midfield and at one point was sitting on a player in a pocket. I think we tried a few things with different set ups through the midfield. Very rarely did we set up our best 4 mids in the middle and just towards the end of the match when it needed winning we stacked our best in there. Gresh etc all got a run yesterday.
What? Are you suggesting Richo was mixing things up? Impossible!

It's like they are so immune from criticism they think nothing is wrong ever. Adding trivial rules doesn't help them focus either. Making a complex game more complex seems a stupid idea. I remember the review of umpiring earlier in the year rather than admitting they got a decision wrong when Joey had clearly hand passed before being tackled but gave away a free anyway, they suggested the umpire may have wanted to award the effort of the chasing player......no he just made the wrong ******* call.

It's very political in that everyone had to tow the party line, lest you get chastised.

I can understand the importance of respect for the umpires, but if they did their job, they wouldn't be ridiculed.

That said, the AFL don't make it easy with all their rule changes and interpretation.

Also we have an ugly win & all the media write us off Richmond and Geelong have ugly wins and nothing said strange that i would even include WB in that comment.

It's a sign of our developing maturity. Last year we beat Essendon after really being outplayed - a game we wouldn't have won between 2012 and 2015. Now we've won a number of games this year in this manner.

We have plenty of improvement and when that clicks (along with some better decision making and goalkicking) then watch out.

Shocking attendance again! I was in awe at how many Gold Coast supporters were there, it put us to shame. Some of the poor umpiring would not have happened if we had a bigger (at games) and more vocal supporter group.

Not sure if srs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Review v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back