Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if I hear anyone near me boo Eddie at any stage on Sunday afternoon, I may belt them over the head with a suitcase.

If anything, should be cheered by everyone at the ground for what he gave us for so many years.
Leave them for Simon White or Scotland.

Eddie Betts showing his value, on field and off, with Adelaide
Will the Carlton fans be a little kinder when they greet their previous hero, Eddie Betts, when he lines up for Adelaide at the MCG on Sunday afternoon? Probably not.

But as far as Adelaide is concerned, the value of recruiting Betts for a reported $600,000 a season has not been simply to tart up an unsuccessful forward structure, but what he has also given the club off the field - life experience.
Eddie Betts showing his value, on field and off, with Adelaide

600K for life experience. :D

Booooooooooooooooooooooo!

Honestly, if I hear anyone near me boo Eddie at any stage on Sunday afternoon, I may belt them over the head with a suitcase.

If anything, should be cheered by everyone at the ground for what he gave us for so many years.

Well J, let's just hope we are not sitting near each other on Sunday.

The way I see it, it will be a nice change to be at a Carlton game and actually seeing a Carlton supporter booing the opposition rather than one of our own. :p

Hey J can I put my jacket in that suitcase ??

Will save me carrying a back pack...

Last edited:
I'm bringing my kitchen sink so we can target Dangerfield or Sloane.

Might need more than the kitchen sink for Dangerfield and Sloane.
Can we bring Steve Da Rui out of retirement to line them up at the first bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well J, let's just hope we are not sitting near each other on Sunday.

The way I see it, it will be a nice change to be at a Carlton game and actually seeing a Carlton supporter booing the opposition rather than one of our own. :p

I don't understand booing..................unless it's for James Hird, of course.

I don't understand booing..................unless it's for James Hird, of course.

Nah don't get me wrong, I like Eddie Betts and admire and appreciate all he did for Carlton. That said you are either with us or against us and in taking the contract at the Crows Eddie is no longer one of us. The same as Grigg, Hampson and anyone else that has left. That is how I see it plain and simple and all on this board wishing him well and hoping he has a good game will throw up if he kicks the winner against us after the siren!

Nah don't get me wrong, I like Eddie Betts and admire and appreciate all he did for Carlton. That said you are either with us or against us and in taking the contract at the Crows Eddie is no longer one of us. The same as Grigg, Hampson and anyone else that has left. That is how I see it plain and simple and all on this board wishing him well and hoping he has a good game will throw up if he kicks the winner against us after the siren!

I only hope that they do not injured and that they play substandard games against us.

I see every situation as having its own set of circumstances.

We were the ones happy to see Hampson and Josh Kennedy go, so hard to have a grudge against them.

Jacobs wanted to leave for opportunity that wouldn't have been afforded to him at the CFC, so no hard feelings there.

If we're going to be dirty on Eddie then we have to be dirty on Thomas but I guess objectivity doesn't really come into play.

Grigg though.........................................

I see every situation as having its own set of circumstances.

We were the ones happy to see Hampson and Josh Kennedy go, so hard to have a grudge against them.

Jacobs wanted to leave for opportunity that wouldn't have been afforded to him at the CFC, so no hard feelings there.

If we're going to be dirty on Eddie then we have to be dirty on Thomas but I guess objectivity doesn't really come into play.

Grigg though.........................................

I am not dirty on him or any other player leaving, that is their right to do so and good luck to them. My point is they are no longer representing the Carlton jumper and therefore they are no different to any other opposition player. Thomas now wears a Carlton jumper so he is one of us. In the end I follow the Carlton Football Club, players will come and go but the club and jumper will always remain....except for that M&M's number!

So now I have to cop all the short jokes now? :(

Share the love......
Green_Milk_Crate.jpg

Team for this week
Bucks Jamo White
Walker Rowe Doc
Simpson Gibbs Yarran
Menzel Hendo Army
Garlett Waite Cas

Warnock McLean Murphy
Everitt Thomas Cachia Ellard

Cachia to Thompson