Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how we're leaking info bout Gibbs re-signing this week :)

The crows have pulled it together in the past few rounds. I've tipped Carlton, though it's probably not a wise tip. Were we playing in Adelaide we'd have very little chance. As it is we're playing at Docklands which is not much better...
I hope our guys can start the way they did against the Saints - and keep it going!

Probably not the thread for this but: our fourth Sunday night game for the season! Add to that a Thursday night and a Monday night fixture. That means that out of our first nine games, six have been played on work/school nights. We are getting screwed here, especially since the Sunday night games are not free to air, so watching on TV is only an option if you are prepared to pay the ransom money to F***stel to get your footy back.
What riles me more is the theatrical head-scratching by the AFL as to why crowds are down.
DUHH!!! :mad:

The crows have pulled it together in the past few rounds. I've tipped Carlton, though it's probably not a wise tip. Were we playing in Adelaide we'd have very little chance. As it is we're playing at Docklands which is not much better...
I hope our guys can start the way they did against the Saints - and keep it going!

Probably not the thread for this but: our fourth Sunday night game for the season! Add to that a Thursday night and a Monday night fixture. That means that out of our first nine games, six have been played on work/school nights. We are getting screwed here, especially since the Sunday night games are not free to air, so watching on TV is only an option if you are prepared to pay the ransom money to F***stel to get your footy back.
What riles me more is the theatrical head-scratching by the AFL as to why crowds are down.

We are playing at the MCG

Re fixture I totally agree I'm pretty outraged by this for TV rights thousands can't even watch

Last few rounds?

They lost to melbourne before collingwood

It's not only the days that we have played but also the time. Most Sunday games have been at 4-40 meaning that travelling from country areas gets you home after midnight on school (or work) nights putting you behind the eight ball for the next day.
I believe that the day and timing of games may also have an effect on memberships.

It's not only the days that we have played but also the time. Most Sunday games have been at 4-40 meaning that travelling from country areas gets you home after midnight on school (or work) nights putting you behind the eight ball for the next day.
I believe that the day and timing of games may also have an effect on memberships.
I've been to one (maybe 2?) games this year for this exact reason. Our schedule kills country supporters by having Thurs, Mon, Sunday NIGHT (not just twilight) matches. Between that and personal commitments (wedding, don't do it guys) on games that are perfectly timed, this seasons a write off unfortunately for this supporter.

Bring back Sat Arvo games scheduled after our reserves team playing, and around the grounds on ABC radio to get the scores from the other matches playing at the same time as ours.

Or it watching on TV, "if you don't want to see the scores, look away now". Cue music:

Nobody should boo him, Eddie left for family reasons, he was always a professional on the field and he treated the boys like family. IF THERE IS BOOING ILL BE PISSED! I hope he has a bad game against us cause if he fires he will kick 4 or 5

And the fact that Adelaide paid him a bucket load more mulla doesn't count? The rest I agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding booing, not a fan. It strikes me as a bit classless and of poor sportsmanship. Leave it for the supporters of scumbag teams; Eagles, Dockers, Port, Collingwood, Bummers, etc. We're Carlton, we're classier than that :)

Would be disappointed if Eddie gets booed by Carlton supporters. Still have a soft spot for him.

Crows haven't pulled anything together in the last few rounds. It's like everyone completely forgets Melbourne beat them in Adelaide the game before last. They were good against Collingwood, but don't underestimate how off their game Collingwood were. Pies were due for a downer having not lost since round 3. Only bad thing is their downer wasn't against us a week earlier.

Regarding booing, not a fan. It strikes me as a bit classless and of poor sportsmanship. Leave it for the supporters of scumbag teams; Eagles, Dockers, Port, Collingwood, Bummers, etc. We're Carlton, we're classier than that :)

Would be disappointed if Eddie gets booed by Carlton supporters. Still have a soft spot for him.

I think in eddies case because he's so likable and he has roots in south Australia I don't think he'll get booed.

Swann confirmed on radio last night as the investigation is still on going, Whitey will definitely be playing on Sunday. Just need to hope none of this is a distraction for him on game day.

Crows reportedly addressed a few area's during the bye break, laid the law down to the team on what area's needed improving, dropped players and they responded accordingly.

Its easy to get up for a game against the Pies at their new home ground on a Thursday night after a 2 week focus period, the real interest will be seeing if they can back it up this week in Melbourne at the MCG and the weeks following.

Swann confirmed on radio last night as the investigation is still on going, Whitey will definitely be playing on Sunday. Just need to hope none of this is a distraction for him on game day.
Eddie better not wish him well before the first bounce, could be on and fans will be compromised....:D

Last edited:
Eddie better not wish him well before the first bounce, could be on and fans will be compromised....
It's exactly what I thought when Eddie said Carlton better watch out because he's got Tex, Jenkins etc protecting him. He'll need protecting if Whitey is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back