Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she does...

She actually said Thy you were one of the few who actually cooked it for her in the morning. She also said it was the least you could do given your lack of performance in the bedroom! :)

That's hilarious. What on earth for, to make him miss? What are you, 8?
Come on be cool. Don't attack me I didn't attack you or others.

For starters I don't. But secondly have you seriously not heard or been at a game when the crowd boo a player having a shot at goal.

I guess drawing a line from your inference that Carlton supporters that boo BETTS are 8 years old.?

Just curious what kind of reception will Betts get on Sunday?

Will he be "deliberately" targeted, booed?

Is their some understanding by the Carlton supporters that part of the reason why he came to SA was for his father.
If hadnt come out and said some of the things that he has said then i would say no most supporters wont boo him. As you said "part" of the reason was to be near his dad.
To publicly say that he hopes he plays 100 games for the Crows so his son can play for them and to say he will get into Gibbs' ear about moving to Adelaide were pretty poor form as far as i am concerned. Carlton did an awful lot for Eddie and his family and that showed a total lack of respect.

If hadnt come out and said some of the things that he has said then i would say no most supporters wont boo him. As you said "part" of the reason was to be near his dad.
To publicly say that he hopes he plays 100 games for the Crows so his son can play for them and to say he will get into Gibbs' ear about moving to Adelaide were pretty poor form as far as i am concerned. Carlton did an awful lot for Eddie and his family and that showed a total lack of respect.

No problems about the son comment at all. Who wouldn't want their children to be a car drive away. Its fairly obvious he is a strong family man.

I agree about the Gibbs comment. Yes in cheek but I understand how Blues supporters would be pissed.

Not that its any consolation but the Cats put up the Dangerfield family in their VIP area at their home ground. If we don't deliver a good year next year he will leave the Club in my opinion.

No problems about the son comment at all. Who wouldn't want their children to be a car drive away. Its fairly obvious he is a strong family man.

I agree about the Gibbs comment. Yes in cheek but I understand how Blues supporters would be pissed.

Not that its any consolation but the Cats put up the Dangerfield family in their VIP area at their home ground. If we don't deliver a good year next year he will leave the Club in my opinion.
Welcome to the world of free agency. Malthouse made a good comment about it today. He said that the good clubs will get better and good players are not going to leave good clubs to go to lowly clubs it will be the other way around. It will just mean that the clubs at the top now will just top up and stay there for longer.
I hate it.

Agree, just hope they dont leave both out and comprise our structure and match ups for the sake of playing an underdone Carrazzo.

Menzel, Buckley, Docherty and Armfield are must's this week.

Ellard hasn't done alot wrong and I reckon he'd be one of Micks favourites around the club.
Judd would come back in if he's fit, so would Waite.
Not sure that Carrazzo and Bell come straight in - particularly Carrazzo. He'd need to get some games at VFL level into him.

Robbo is suspended, so he's one out. Maybe Garlett might be the other out.

It will just mean that the clubs at the top now will just top up and stay there for longer.
I hate it.

But you have had a net result of greater than zero in terms of losing Betts but gaining Daisy.

Crows lost big time in Tippett but gained a small gun forward.

With all due respect to Betts, you guys did better out of it than we did.

But you have had a net result of greater than zero in terms of losing Betts but gaining Daisy.

Crows lost big time in Tippett but gained a small gun forward.

With all due respect to Betts, you guys did better out of it than we did.

Lets revisit the Betts/Daisy comparison in 12 months.
He hasn't played much footy for 12 months and coming off an all but non existent pre-season.

GROTTO, keep the excuses for after the game.

What excuses Im not making any if we lose. Both teams are missing players.I know we are missing 5 from our best 22 and I understand you guys are missing a few as well.

Plus your mods said no banter, which I am respecting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts prepares for first meeting with old mates

HE WAS one of the club's favourite sons when he was at Carlton, but Eddie Betts isn't sure how the Blues' faithful will treat him when he faces his former side on Sunday as an Adelaide player for the first time.
What's more certain is how his ex-teammates will treat him.
Betts said he fully expected plenty of "
banter" during Sunday's game and revealed the trash-talking had already begun.

If the Blues did try to rough him up, he warned them he had three sizable allies by his side in Taylor Walker, Josh Jenkins and James Podsiadly.
All friendship would be put on hold come the first bounce at the MCG, but Betts said his former teammates would again be considered family at the sound of the final siren.

Here's your banter Neese

Naa, I don't see it that way. He wasn't slagging Carlton off, just kissing up to his new club, and why not? Of course he'd want to get off to a good start with them by sounding upbeat and positive about the move.

Nobody should boo him, Eddie left for family reasons, he was always a professional on the field and he treated the boys like family. IF THERE IS BOOING ILL BE PISSED! I hope he has a bad game against us cause if he fires he will kick 4 or 5

Last edited:
There is BOOING and then there is just being a doosh and I hope that no Carlton supporter at the game gives EDDIE shit for leaving. He is one of the only players in the comp who left for family reasons. HAVE RESPECT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back