Rnd 13: Changes Vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sick of people hanging shit on stanton all day. why would the opposition but their best taggers on him when hes no good. its not like hes a 'prismall' and does poor even though he isnt tagged. stantons one of our best hands down.

Thompson would not bother throwing the human blanket in Ling over Stanton if he didn't believe Stanton was a quality midfielder. Gee, there are a lot of people on this forum who have no idea.

i thought williams was out for a month??

surely howlett wont get a game ahead of prismall,

id like to see Muscles get a game, might aswell, dyson obviously isnt fit and should be playing 2's for atleast a couple of weeks....

we all knew this would happen with dyson, welsh and slattery all injured we would play better and the inevitable when they get back in the team we would drop off,

INS: Prismall Hooker Muscles
OUT: Lonergan Dyson demspey

There was a thread about our record without Stanton. I'd like to see our record without Welsh? Could be interesting. :)

INs: Hooker, Prismall, Atkinson
OUTs: Lonergan, Welsh, Slattery.

I think there is only enough space as small defenders for 2 of McVeigh, Hocking and Slattery. Slattery offers less than the other two.

Time for some more run. Too many players that couldn't even run off Fevola at the moment.

Why is Tayte Pears exempt from critisism?

he's not from me. if he has another bad week he'd need to go back to bendigo to get some confidence.

been very ordinary since coming back from his injury. on saturday he blazed away 3 times going into F50. i think 2 went straight to a geelong player, and another went out of bounds.

I think there is only enough space as small defenders for 2 of McVeigh, Hocking and Slattery. Slattery offers less than the other two.

Time for some more run. Too many players that couldn't even run off Fevola at the moment.
Yep.
The one thing that does really, really get to me is the club making the same mistake time and time again.

james_omahoney has done the research on that one. :thumbsu:

I posted the results of 08-10 in the "Welsh straight in?" thread. I've done his whole career and I'll post the full results tonight. It works out at about 40% with / 50% without from 2002 onwards, but it will probably come a bit closer together when you exclude the dark years of 05/06 when he didn't miss many games.

Personally I think it just showed how good Geelong are. We did give him in the last quarter which was disapointing. I would love for us to get a settled team with the lowest possible amount of changes. We have a good core of players now and they need confidence. They will get confidence playing back to back games.
Ins : Hooker, and either Pris or Reimers
Out : NLM, Dyson.
Both NLM and Dyson could be in next week (and they probably will) but I feel that we need to get Hooker in. I would love to see Pris and Reimers back as well.

Out: Dyson, Lonergan, Bellchambers, Slattery, Welsh
In: Hooker, Atkinson, Reimers, Howlett, Prismall

5 changes I know, but most were in the team before last week.

I posted the results of 08-10 in the "Welsh straight in?" thread. I've done his whole career and I'll post the full results tonight. It works out at about 40% with / 50% without from 2002 onwards, but it will probably come a bit closer together when you exclude the dark years of 05/06 when he didn't miss many games.
I did a quick one from 08-09-10 only, we're 23.5/56 = 42%, and Welsh is 13/35 = 37%.

Out: Dyson, Lonergan, Bellchambers, Slattery, Welsh
In: Hooker, Atkinson, Reimers, Howlett, Prismall

5 changes I know, but most were in the team before last week.
How could you drop Bellie?

Pears has one more week's grace for mine. Hooker back in for Franklin, Pears to Roughie who he's got a reasonable record on.
Hooker/Atko/Reimers/Howlett for Dyson/Lonergan/Slattery/Welsh, for my money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could you drop Bellie?

Pears has one more week's grace for mine. Hooker back in for Franklin, Pears to Roughie who he's got a reasonable record on.
Hooker/Atko/Reimers/Howlett for Dyson/Lonergan/Slattery/Welsh, for my money.

Looking at Hawthorn's ruck division of Renouf and Skipper, they are not overly tall and both are quite mobile.

Bellchambers is developing well however is not as mobile as those guys.

We can cover the ruck with the majority of the work being done by Ryder, getting the odd help here and there from Hooker when the ball is down back and Gumby when the ball is forward.

Isn't Reimers injured?

Is he? I didn't realise. If that's the case either bring in Muscles or Hardingham instead of Reimers as they both deserve a go.

sick of people hanging shit on stanton all day. why would the opposition but their best taggers on him when hes no good. its not like hes a 'prismall' and does poor even though he isnt tagged. stantons one of our best hands down.

Stanton is certainly taggable which is a weakness and the team would be better if he (and maybe team support for the tagee) could improve in this area. Still a stanton fan and hope he re-signs soon but always looking for improvement.

I'd like to see:

Out: Slattery - courageous etc, but as usual does not give us anything going the other way so does not suit our gameplan. We had no problem winning without him and from recollection did not concede a big run of goals in that period.
In: Atkinson - his ability to hit up the 50/50 targets by foot out of defence is critical. IMO this easily makes up for some defensive weaknesses which can be worked on.

Out: Lonergan - tries hard but just cant cop having a forward who can't kick it 40m
In: Marigliani - geelong game shows we need some bigger bodies around and has been consistently good at vfl level which is more that you can say about some of our senior players (pris reimers willo).

Out: Myers - Like the kid and needs a good run to build up much needed confidence but decision making is still a little slow and not sure what the defensive match-up is for him with hooker coming back in. Would consider a swap with dyson but i think we need dyson to help out with rioli so unlucky
In: Hooker - would prefer a week in the twos for match fitness but if he's right is required against roughlance

Welsh - theres a ton of average paced midfield matchups for him. if he cant do a job this week his spot has to be considered.

Dyson and Winderlich need to lift and we will have a good shot.

Stanton is certainly taggable which is a weakness and the team would be better if he (and maybe team support for the tagee) could improve in this area. Still a stanton fan and hope he re-signs soon but always looking for improvement.

I'd like to see:

Out: Slattery - courageous etc, but as usual does not give us anything going the other way so does not suit our gameplan. We had no problem winning without him and from recollection did not concede a big run of goals in that period.
In: Atkinson - his ability to hit up the 50/50 targets by foot out of defence is critical. IMO this easily makes up for some defensive weaknesses which can be worked on.

Out: Lonergan - tries hard but just cant cop having a forward who can't kick it 40m
In: Marigliani - geelong game shows we need some bigger bodies around and has been consistently good at vfl level which is more that you can say about some of our senior players (pris reimers willo).

Out: Myers - Like the kid and needs a good run to build up much needed confidence but decision making is still a little slow and not sure what the defensive match-up is for him with hooker coming back in. Would consider a swap with dyson but i think we need dyson to help out with rioli so unlucky
In: Hooker - would prefer a week in the twos for match fitness but if he's right is required against roughlance

Welsh - theres a ton of average paced midfield matchups for him. if he cant do a job this week his spot has to be considered.

Dyson and Winderlich need to lift and we will have a good shot.

Are you for real? Myers has only recently come back into the team and played some good games, plays an average but not terrible game against Geelong and you want to drop him. He needs to keep playing for his confidence and development. No way he will be dropped. None whatsoever. Welsh will not be dropped either. He is the VC and Knights loves him. Will stay in. Those on the chopping block will be Lonergan, Dyson and maybe Slatts. Hooker and Prismall in.

Are you for real? Myers has only recently come back into the team and played some good games, plays an average but not terrible game against Geelong and you want to drop him. He needs to keep playing for his confidence and development. No way he will be dropped. None whatsoever. Welsh will not be dropped either. He is the VC and Knights loves him. Will stay in. Those on the chopping block will be Lonergan, Dyson and maybe Slatts. Hooker and Prismall in.

Yeah agree don't really want him omitted but don't think mcveigh can go with rioli so maybe need to keep dyson (other potential out) who will hopefully be better with the run after last week. Just a match-up thing if anything. Would be happy to see him go to the midfield so we'll see.

Was at training yesterday and of those who should be playing, only Hooker seems fit enough. I'd look at putting Marigilani, Colyer (good at Bendigo again), Houli (see Colyer) and Reimers in too. Keep Dyson and Slattery in - they are clearly in our best 22 and will be better for the run.

Out: Melksham (wasn't right), Lonergan
In: Hooker, Marigilani

B: H. Slattery, Pears, Fletcher
HB: Dempsey, Hooker, McVeigh
C: Dyson, Myers, Hocking
HF: Winderlich, Gumbleton, Davey
F: Jetta, Hurley, Zaharakis
R: Ryder, Watson, Stanton
INT: Bellchambers, Welsh, Marigilani, Lovett-Murray
Emerg: Reimers, Houli, Colyer

Keep in mind that Bendigo played Sunday and we play Friday night.
That's a short turn around for any of the Bendigo players that we may look to bring in.

Atkinson and Prismall were kept out of the selected team, no doubt due to the turnaround, I'd say these two are first in the pecking order for re-selection.

Followed by Howlett who was rested.

Of course along with Hooker who we expect back from injury.

I don't think we'll see anyone outside of those four coming in.

I hear Williams didn't play with Bendigo. Does that mean he's a chance for a call up?

Hope so, we need him at FF this week, enough of playing poor forwards. Give Williams a chance at FF, with a better delivery!

Keep in mind that Bendigo played Sunday and we play Friday night.
That's a short turn around for any of the Bendigo players that we may look to bring in.

Atkinson and Prismall were kept out of the selected team, no doubt due to the turnaround, I'd say these two are first in the pecking order for re-selection.

Followed by Howlett who was rested.

Of course along with Hooker who we expect back from injury.

I don't think we'll see anyone outside of those four coming in.

Agree probably the only player who played at Bendigo and could work off a short turnaround is Houli who has a massive tank- annoying enough I doubt Knights will select him.

Out : Lonergan, Dyson, Welsh
In : Williams, Hooker, Atkinson

The inclusions of Hooker and Atkinson will allow Fletcher to play the third man and will also release Myers to the midfield. Williams will add another element to our forward line and really trouble the Hawks back six. Lonergan doesn't offer much to our side and Dyson and Welsh need to earn their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back