AFL Toast RND 17: Win Against The Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH it was a flippant remark but if you insist…

Our last win against Adelaide was a bit s**t and our win against Port last week was pretty average too.
Sorry mate - I was being equally flippant. Amusing myself on a shitty Sunday night.

Clearly transferred beautifully to my post.

Good win - Hobbs and Archie were huge.

A little disappointing in that last quarter but a win’s a win.

Starting to think Parish is worth letting go depending what we’d get back. He and Caldwell’s skills are so far below the level - but at least Caldwell defends okay in close.

Merrett’s one of the better mids in the comp, he’s taken his game to another level.

Caldwell’s disposal seems directly related to his level of fatigue. It’s pretty good disposal for the most part but then the first indicator that he’s getting tired is the kick accuracy start to waver. Some players are just like that.

Missed the second half - is it worth a watch of the replay, or was it a retro worsfold-style hang-on-and-let-the other-team come back type of deal?
maybe the last 5 was like that, mostly just played safe & kept in front

Hilarious. If we'd done what the Crows did people would whinge it was an honourable loss, cheap goals mean nothing.

Yet on the flip apparently cheap goals in the last 5 minutes against us undoes all the good done against another top 8 contender.

No pleasing some people.

Good win - Hobbs and Archie were huge.

A little disappointing in that last quarter but a win’s a win.

Starting to think Parish is worth letting go depending what we’d get back. He and Caldwell’s skills are so far below the level - but at least Caldwell defends okay in close.

Merrett’s one of the better mids in the comp, he’s taken his game to another level.
big disagree, while parish had some bad kicks, he drew a lot of possessions and generally played well around the ground, and caldwell played well too, can’t knock him considering he’s been giving it 100% for the past month. i think darcy needs to improve his possession but we shouldn’t get rid of him, same as caldwell

Caldwell’s disposal seems directly related to his level of fatigue. It’s pretty good disposal for the most part but then the first indicator that he’s getting tired is the kick accuracy start to waver. Some players are just like that.

I don’t think he runs hard enough to use that excuse. His burst running is pretty good, when he’s in the vicinity of the ball, but contest to contest it’s only average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious. If we'd done what the Crows did people would whinge it was an honourable loss, cheap goals mean nothing.

Yet on the flip apparently cheap goals in the last 5 minutes against us undoes all the good done against another top 8 contender.

No pleasing some people.
If the shoe was on the other foot I’d be telling you we were lucky to get within whatever the margin ended up being.

…but if I was an Adelaide fan the second half was hardly any better than the first. They managed to stop haemorrhaging and worked themselves back into it, and points for taking the pace out of the game too, but they really should’ve capitalised a lot more on our lack of ruck and tall defender in that period of the third quarter. If they’re supposed to be a finals contender they shouldn’t be getting blown out of the water by the likes of us.

I don’t think he runs hard enough to use that excuse. His burst running is pretty good, when he’s in the vicinity of the ball, but contest to contest it’s only average.

Oh I mean it’s just an observation I’ve made; it may not even be true and certainly not an excuse. Hopefully he irons it out as he becomes more experienced.

It’s a bit different to Parish, though, who can fluff his kicks from the get-go, I.e. it’s not related to his fatigue levels.

Well, that last quarter was rubbish but a win's a win. You could see that Scott was unhappy with the way we played that last quarter, and really, even the third quarter should be looked at given the way the Crows controlled most of the quarter.

Upside is huge though. All over the Crows. Smashed them.in the middle to set up the win. Loving the work of Ben Hobbs, together with Parish and Merrett today. Also thought Durham and Martin were fantastic today. Constantly moving and contesting. I had a fun arvo watching that!

big disagree, while parish had some bad kicks, he drew a lot of possessions and generally played well around the ground, and caldwell played well too, can’t knock him considering he’s been giving it 100% for the past month. i think darcy needs to improve his possession but we shouldn’t get rid of him, same as caldwell

Definitely not suggesting just getting rid of them - Caldwell’s a good player, his disposal just kills us sometimes. Too often for a midfielder.

Parish I’d 100% take a 1st rounder for. He doesn’t defend and his stats aren’t damaging. I feel like Hobbs is going to be a better version of him

Oh I mean it’s just an observation I’ve made; it may not even be true and certainly not an excuse. Hopefully he irons it out as he becomes more experienced.

It’s a bit different to Parish, though, who can fluff his kicks from the get-go, I.e. it’s not related to his fatigue levels.

Am with you there - he’s young enough to iron it out. We’re definitely better when he’s out there

Well, that last quarter was rubbish but a win's a win. You could see that Scott was unhappy with the way we played that last quarter, and really, even the third quarter should be looked at given the way the Crows controlled most of the quarter.

Upside is huge though. All over the Crows. Smashed them.in the middle to set up the win. Loving the work of Ben Hobbs, together with Parish and Merrett today. Also thought Durham and Martin were fantastic today. Constantly moving and contesting. I had a fun arvo watching that!
what stuck out to me is how duzz & marto both take a few good pack marks/contested marks each game, it all adds up and they’re always important af

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast RND 17: Win Against The Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back