Rnd 20 - Carlton V West Coast - Sunday 4th August 3:20 Marvel Stadium - Final Team Post #625

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing

In: Kruezer Fisher McGovern
Out: Phillips (on standby) Dow Kennedy

Russell is good at getting players ready but Cuningham having knee issues makes it hard

Sounded like Kreuzer would miss imo listening to the injury report. Which is fine since Phillips is in good form and should get the better of Hickey.
He's a better tap ruckman than Krooz and that could be a real advantage for our mids to combat a strong Eagles midfield.

Can't see Kennedy getting dropped.

If we want to play McGovern surely Lang goes first.

Sounded like Kreuzer would miss imo listening to the injury report. Which is fine since Phillips is in good form and should get the better of Hickey.
He's a better tap ruckman than Krooz and that could be a real advantage for our mids to combat a strong Eagles midfield.

Can't see Kennedy getting dropped.

If we want to play McGovern surely Lang goes first.

Not dropping Kennedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an Eagles perspective our capitulation against the Pies might have had something to do with consecutive 6 day breaks playing wet weather footy and we simply had nothing left in the last and thus we were run over. We won a close tussle against Hawthorn and then despite the margin against Freo, the game played out as though it was semi close the whole night, and was still tough as a result. The Melbourne game perhaps our form there was because the captain was a late out and we were playing in Alice Springs. Melbourne typically play well there.

Not sure what to expect in this game. If we want to finish top 4 and go back to back we absolutely have to win. Marvel with the roof closed will help our kick mark game, but I'm expecting our midfield to be outclassed by yours. I think this will be close all game but in the last with more on the line finals wise, we will be able to hold on.
What to expect? I’ll tell you what to expect. We will run you in to the ground and you’ll wonder what hit ya.

To be really clear about this: if MCG isn’t fit enough to play this week then we have really made a mess of things.

Why?

Well he was deemed fit enough to play all those weeks ffs. So what the hell was he doing out there if he was so unfit that 4 weeks of hard training doesn’t sharpen him back up enough to return? Wasn’t it obvious weeks before hand? That he needed more than a MONTH? I don’t buy it.

He’s back this week.

Wasn’t there talk that he could have been rested post the bye but injuries prevented the thinking to give him a spell?
Either way, considering he’s come off every game with a niggle, it should have been implemented earlier.

Talk is McGovern will be close this week. Looked so much fitter at the weekend and has apparently really worked hard on and off the field.

Taken his medicine and now more professional with a good attitude. Looks like this "break" has been a positive and we will see the player most of us expect.

Three whole weeks in Andrew Russell's dungeon..... no more brackets -comes out like ||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back