Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v North Friday 7th April 4.20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They face the prospect of playing an undersized defender on each of mckay, curnow, jsos and tdk. Possibly some guys who don't even usually play defence and/or aren't best 22 as well.

We face the prospect of playing LOB instead of Acres on...I dont even know who North's wingers are. Powell? Taylor? Scott? Certainly not anyone that is a big name.

I know which situation I'd prefer.
We rely on Acres a lot though due to our lack of run in the rest of our mids. I see your poin though.

If acres gets off it could cause Logue to get off. I’d actually prefer both to miss. It wouldn’t surprise me if Carlton just contested it to force the afl to keep Logues suspension to stay as well. Helps us immensely inside 50. They may need to play larkey or zurhaar on one of Charlie or McKay.

If acres gets off it could cause Logue to get off. I’d actually prefer both to miss. It wouldn’t surprise me if Carlton just contested it to force the afl to keep Logues suspension to stay as well. Helps us immensely inside 50. They may need to play larkey or zurhaar on one of Charlie or McKay.
Nah, you're probably right that logue's loss more than makes up for acres loss, but I'd still rather they both play.

Charlie and McKay are bloody Coleman medallists. They should both be good enough to deal with decent defenders. I want to see us be as close to our best as possible. Our best beats their best.

Don’t see Dow in the frame this week.

Think they’ll be tossing up Cincotta for Cowan.

Binns for Acres (if no successful appeal) or LOB (if successful appeal then Binns as sub)

Gut feel is they will like for like Honey for Owies.

Not sure what role to give Kennedy if he’s right. I really fear slowing us down even more. I was at the game and the only way the giants stayed in it was our slow mids and poor kicking. Doc plays sweeper /defensive mid to cover the slow mids but gee it’s a problem.
Kennedy was sorely missed on the weekend. I actually think he is far more important than we prob give credit for. Hewitt didn't look right with the hand, was very apprehensive and a shadow of his normal self. I would get Hewitt right if it was his hand / carrying something. May have just been an off day but looked more to it than that and bring Kennedy in.

Kennedy was sorely missed on the weekend. I actually think he is far more important than we prob give credit for. Hewitt didn't look right with the hand, was very apprehensive and a shadow of his normal self. I would get Hewitt right if it was his hand / carrying something. May have just been an off day but looked more to it than that and bring Kennedy in.
Kennedy is a good mark. We miss that when he not in midfield. When he there it nice to have him or Silvagni to kick to that likely will mark it between the arcs.
I never seen Dow show any marking presence in the middle of ground. It probably one of things holding him back from more chances in senior team. If he learns to at least tackle properly it might get him in team but until he adds more features to his game than just his dash, he gets looked over for other midfielders that have less flash but more all round games.

Easy:

Best 22: Walsh, Acres and Hollands all in

Fringe: LOB's and Ed's endurance are in - horses for courses

Injury cover: Cottrell is depth until Ed retires
I have Cottrell above LOB. Better runner. More competitive. Harder at the pill and man.

And probably a better kick.

North not used to the big crowds. We are. Blues there in big numbers im expecting 40+ win.

Should generate a lot of noise when you combine them with all 117 Norf supporters that will turn up.

Our first game at Marvel this season, that stadium has been so hit and miss over the years, but I think the way we play now actually suits it more so than the G.

Expecting us to have by far and away our most polished performance of the season so far.

Blues by 33

Marvel suits our game plan the best.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is, which is why we can't afford to include another one who might be the worst in terms of defensive application.

Cripps isn't great defensively, probably the worst of our mids but obviously makes up for it with his contest work and leadership.

Kennedy is a bit slow but tries. Again brings so much more than Dow offensively. Strong body, good overhead, long kick.

My point is Dow is poor defensively but he doesn't make up for it by having a big influence offensively.

Have people forgotten all his jogging on the spot defensive chases? Drove me mental watching that and seeing the opponent just waltz away and into clear space.
That is so not reflective of how he has been playing for some time now. Do u find it so impossible that a kid can improve his game significantly?

I originally thought Walsh would come in and replace Hollands on a wing relegating him to the sub role, but Ollie has made himself impossible to drop with his gut running and work rate.

We are finally that club with the first year player smashing through expectations and cementing a spot.

We are going to have some serious running power between the arcs when they’re all available. I’m not sure how we can fit them all in.
I would say Hollands a utility,he can do well in a few spots
Wing suits him tho...he's everywhere....
He can bulk up a bit as well....he looks great in navy blue!

Anyone who watched on the couch and heard the ‘rooster etiquette’ analogy from Garry Lyon is actually spot on to what’s happening in our forward line between Harry and Charlie.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great analogy….so why does Jack keep getting in the way as well?
Is he a wannabe Hen? NTTAWWT

LOB fortunate to get a final chance to save his career with Acres out.
Owies out prob gives Honey a shot
Binns comes in to debut as sub to replace LOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back