Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v North Friday 7th April 4.20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big wraps for the young fellows (Dutchy and Cow). But just an observation and appreciate some comments

I felt the Dwarfs (GWS) really piled on some pressure against us on Saturday, and quite a few players got the fumbles, Cowan on a couple of occasions was one, got caught with the ball or struggled to deal with the heat.

First thought was he might need to get some composure through the twos, but…..

3 games in, maybe the MC will persevere, plenty of others werent clean with the ball, not like we have a half bank flanker dominating in the twos that doesn’t shît the bed at times

Thoughts??

Big wraps for the young fellows (Dutchy and Cow). But just an observation and appreciate some comments

I felt the Dwarfs (GWS) really piled on some pressure against us on Saturday, and quite a few players got the fumbles, Cowan on a couple of occasions was one, got caught with the ball or struggled to deal with the heat.

3 games in, maybe the MC will persevere, plenty of others werent clean with the ball, not like we have a half bank flanker dominating in the twos that doesn’t shît the bed at times

Thoughts??
Personally I hope we continue to play him. He’s got a bit of shit in him and will be a good player. He’s learning and is far better than a couple of others that continue to get games.

Also can’t wait for DC to come back into the seniors!

Last edited:
We're being held back by a bloke who starts as sub, a bloke who plays VFL and a bloke who plays for West Coast? Uh huh....
Yes mate, we need more then just best 22 player's. Need solid role players to back up our stars, none of them are/were solid.

How is it that our first yr players are getting games ahead of those players? The sooner we get rid of them and bring in young talent, the better.

11 Apostles go into a bar.
They look at each other and ask whose turn it is to buy a round.
John says, ask Judas. I hear he came into a lot of money recently.
Ah Horsie, you crack me up!
Tough crowd.
I laughed a lot when I heard this. sigh.

Thoughts??

Cowan will need a rest at some stage however don’t underestimate how slippery the conditions were.Playing at Marvel will improve us no end.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd like to see us try something different with our inside 50s. We aren't getting anywhere near enough reward for having guys like Charlie and H inside 50.

Charlie almost kicks goals in spite of how he's delivered the ball and H has no chance as he doesn't have the athleticism of Charlie. While part of it is them getting on the lead or being in each others way at times the delivery is also poor. It's been poor for 6 or 7 years, if not longer. Same long bombs in every time, rarely to leads or pockets of space.

Sure H is 9 feet tall but just sitting it on his head in a pack of 12 isn't exactly a good way to get him the ball and while Charlie could jump over the pack, again it's not exactly a sound way to deliver it in.
The burning question is…we can all see this but why can’t the coaches?

It’s their job to correct this. im thinking even 1 preseason should be enough time to show some progress with this but each year we see the same old.

Only problem with the joke of course is that Judas had killed himself due to the shame of what he’d done.
oops. Awkward.
Contrite horse apologises but no offence intended.
I see it as a concept joke.
The clue is 'apostles in a bar"
Cheers tarczon.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The burning question is…we can all see this but why can’t the coaches?

It’s their job to correct this. im thinking even 1 preseason should be enough time to show some progress with this but each year we see the same old.
It's interesting as it's carried across multiple coaches. Even a forwardline coach who coached the all-conquering (almost) Adelaide forwardline couldn't get us to do anything but just bomb it in hopefully.

Maybe it's simply down to the players? We just don't have that many creative kicks or guys with good kicking vision going inside 50?

Fisher is one, SOS is another, they both seem to find players in pockets of space or on leads at times. But that'd be pretty close to the end of the list.

It's interesting as it's carried across multiple coaches. Even a forwardline coach who coached the all-conquering (almost) Adelaide forwardline couldn't get us to do anything but just bomb it in hopefully.

Maybe it's simply down to the players? We just don't have that many creative kicks or guys with good kicking vision going inside 50?

Fisher is one, SOS is another, they both seem to find players in pockets of space or on leads at times. But that'd be pretty close to the end of the list.
It is cattle. We do not have any genuine grunt and creativity across HF. You put a pair of smart tough 4 quarter footballers on each flank and it would be a vastly different outcome. It would also massively assist with Harry and Charlie's leading patterns and open that Half Forward territory up completely. There is no predictability going into F50. You don't know which Fisher turns up and is defensively poor and SOS is not a HFF. The list is lacking in that regard for mine and top of the needs list come off season

It is cattle. We do not have any genuine grunt and creativity across HF. You put a pair of smart tough 4 quarter footballers on each flank and it would be a vastly different outcome. It would also massively assist with Harry and Charlie's leading patterns and open that Half Forward territory up completely. There is no predictability going into F50. You don't know which Fisher turns up and is defensively poor and SOS is not a HFF. The list is lacking in that regard for mine and top of the needs list come off season
Martin and DC should be those players… with cameos from Durdin, Motlop Fish and a developing Honey.

but they’re not yet there.

I dare say if the first two don’t come on, it’ll be top of the list.

the question is who do we target? Or do we draft?

Expect this will be a more difficult game for us than we might expect.

North will be somewhat of an enigma this season. Have shown what they can do at their best (Freo in Perth) and then the immaturity still in executing the game plan (Hawthorn).

Being a big standalone fixture, I'd be surprised if they are as flat as they were last week.

Expect this will be a more difficult game for us than we might expect.

North will be somewhat of an enigma this season. Have shown what they can do at their best (Freo in Perth) and then the immaturity still in executing the game plan (Hawthorn).

Being a big standalone fixture, I'd be surprised if they are as flat as they were last week.

Norf have a strange one way rivalry with us (much like Stain Kilda and Freo), they'll run out this Friday like it's their grand final.

Every game is a danger game for some of you 😂

Well yeah. Every game is a danger game.

We're the vastly superior team here but we're also prone to lapses. It doesn't take a team to be off by a huge % to close the gap between them and their opponent pretty quickly.

Should be confident heading into this one but it's not a formality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back