Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v North Friday 7th April 4.20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've purchased General Admission tickets, there's no chance we will be forced to upgrade to reserved seats right?
Should be all good, as long as I turn up early enough to choose some seats in the GA area?

Feel for Dow, has improved slightly in some aspects, but still well behind the pecking order as a pure mid. Cripps, Kennedy, Cerra, Walsh, Hewett, Doc

If he could play a role in other areas, he would get a run, unfortunately due to his lack of versatility, will be hard again for him this year
Dow would be more effective as a mid/HHF than Fish, which seems to be his current role.
Can mark, goal, tackle and weave through heavy traffic far better than Fish is dishing up.
Won't happen because Voss doesn't switch things around, I'd even prefer him to Ed(even though he's been reasonable)

I can't believe that it's completely sold out.
But it won't show me a single GA ticket, or a Premium MCC ticket.
Will have a look myself now but I had issues myself with barcodes and shit on the ticketmaster or ticketek site. Cannot remember which one it was for Docklands but will check again now.

Still tickets left in some form as this shows:

Review Your Tickets​

Tickets reserved for: 01minutes:17seconds

SECTIONL1-11
ROWD
SEAT4
4. Level 1 - Premium, Level 1
Adult - Guest Pass1 × $59.50 each
1 tickets in basket
1 tickets in basket×1
Get Tickets

and

Review Your Tickets​

Tickets reserved for: 01minutes:11seconds

SECTIONL3-42
ROWW
SEAT49-50
8. Level 3 - (Beyond Premium), Level 3
Adult - Guest Pass2 × $47.50 each
2 tickets in basket
2 tickets in basket×2

Roos have been doing Good Friday (and Friday nights in general) the most.

I assume it was one of their initiatives. Similar to sheedy’s filth/* Anzac Day idea.

would love to have a big occasion match with one of our traditional rivals.
I’m hoping kings birthday Eve can turn into one of these big annual games

Still tickets left in some form as this shows:

Review Your Tickets​

Tickets reserved for: 01minutes:17seconds

SECTIONL1-11
ROWD
SEAT4
4. Level 1 - Premium, Level 1
Adult - Guest Pass1 × $59.50 each
1 tickets in basket
1 tickets in basket×1
Get Tickets

and

Review Your Tickets​

Tickets reserved for: 01minutes:11seconds

SECTIONL3-42
ROWW
SEAT49-50
8. Level 3 - (Beyond Premium), Level 3
Adult - Guest Pass2 × $47.50 each
2 tickets in basket
2 tickets in basket×2
Nothing comes up for me

Nothing comes up for me
Yeah, well nothing come up for me the first time too, so tried again a different way and it showed there still some there.

Second time I did it via..http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Carlton-tickets/artist/779378 but used second listing for AFL & Centre Wing Members the second time which unlocked where to find tickets when enter my barcode numbers in there so if you MCC member I suspect you not allowed in via that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need to get our early season demolition quarters of first half of last year to return.

We've fortunately held on in close ones now for the opening rounds, taking complete barrages from all 3 teams hoping we'd wilt and concede in the last quarter of the game.

Now we need a decent score and winning margin to give that added layer of confidence. Hoping this transpires against the Roos. But the way this season is panning out, we could lose by a 100 and no one would blink an eye lid.

Dow would be more effective as a mid/HHF than Fish, which seems to be his current role.
Can mark, goal, tackle and weave through heavy traffic far better than Fish is dishing up.
Won't happen because Voss doesn't switch things around, I'd even prefer him to Ed(even though he's been reasonable)

Has nothing to do with Voss not wanting to switch things around, it's because Dow is only a mid and is behind 6 other mids for a spot.

Defensively he is poor, jogs back and has no impact as part of defensive transition and zones

Is absolutely lost as a forward and isn't in the pecking order as a HHF. Fisher's competition would come from Martin, Cuners, Honey

As for Ed, has a bigger tank, more disciplined defensively and can play a number of roles compared to Dow

Even Fogarty was more effective in the VFL on the weekend

Yeah, well nothing come up for me the first time too, so tried again a different way and it showed there still some there.

Second time I did it via..http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Carlton-tickets/artist/779378 but used second listing for AFL & Centre Wing Members the second time which unlocked where to find tickets when enter my barcode numbers in there so if you MCC member I suspect you not allowed in via that way.
So weird.
That AFL/Centre wing is where you get MCC tickets, but it's showing none available for there, or for GA.
I've tried 3 browsers across 2 devices.

Forced change is Owies for Kennedy.

Noticed that Fisher seemed to be getting a lot more of his possessions in the defensive third of the ground.

Assuming that was a situational directive from the coaches, I reckon we could probably have Owies out, move Fisher permanently forward again, and bring Kennedy in. Cerra and Hewett can then cover the spots Fisher was taking (sitting wide of the defensive 50 contests as a handball outlet/sweeper).

If Acres is out, then it's presumably LOB into the 22. Unless Walsh has a monster week on the track and the MC back him in to play an exclusively wing role in his return game. I don't think we rush Walsh in against North though. He shouldn't be "needed", and Clarko is the type who would instruct players to target Walsh's back at every opportunity.

Newman, Young, Weiters
Saad, Gov, Docherty
Acres/LOB, Kennedy, Hollands
TDK, Cripps, Hewett
Fisher, JSOS, Motlop
Durdin, McKay, Curnow
I/C: Cowan, Cerra, Pittonet, Curnow

Sub would have to be another runner I think. Cincotta maybe, Binns possibly (though I hate a sub debut) - or we throw the vest at Martin. If Acres plays, it probably stays with LOB as coverage.
He was lining up on a wing a little more I think to cover for Acres who we know was battling. Fish does a heap of clever things like tap on or not take possession of the footy that dont get stats. Not sure its enough to always get a game but I think there are things if he is dropped we will miss. (I know you werent saying drop him, just adding my two cents to those who are)

Has nothing to do with Voss not wanting to switch things around, it's because Dow is only a mid and is behind 6 other mids for a spot.

Defensively he is poor, jogs back and has no impact as part of defensive transition and zones

Is absolutely lost as a forward and isn't in the pecking order as a HHF. Fisher's competition would come from Martin, Cuners, Honey

As for Ed, has a bigger tank, more disciplined defensively and can play a number of roles compared to Dow

Even Fogarty was more effective in the VFL on the weekend

I don’t watch enough VFL to judge to what degree he does this or not, but a general comment - jogging back, pressure, and defensive intent are entirely fixable issues. It’s concerning that this message isn’t getting through to any player that’s been in the system for a few years. Does it come down to attitude, fitness, footy IQ, or the messaging? Puzzling.

I don’t watch enough VFL to judge to what degree he does this or not, but a general comment - jogging back, pressure, and defensive intent are entirely fixable issues. It’s concerning that this message isn’t getting through to any player that’s been in the system for a few years. Does it come down to attitude, fitness, footy IQ, or the messaging? Puzzling.

I think Dow has worked really hard, trying to address his weaknesses, but some players just don't have the tank to go both ways.

Wouldn't say he has poor iq, but wouldn't say it's good either

Add to that, he only has one position at AFL, and still struggles at VFL level to play other parts of the ground

Who do we put Newman on? AFL's best shut-down small defender in the game (24 possies on Saturday playing on Green (5 possies), if you don't mind!)

Double teaming Larkey with Weitering.

Half serious. Can't think of any dangerous small forwards North have...he'll take Zurhaar when he's down there but he's been getting more midfield time under Clarko.

Larkey is there match winner and I have flashbacks of him kicking 7 against us...keep him quiet and they'll struggle to kick a winning score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back