Autopsy Roast and toast vs Brisbane and changes Port Adelaide

Best vs Lions

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost went home at half time of that 2010 last round game vs Port. It was Ben Cousins last game in the yellow and black.

We were 50 points down and my mates spat the dummy, called for the coach's head, and went home. I'll be honest I was about 15 beers in, and decided to stay - much to their dismay.

I had a feeling, deep down in the pit of my stomach, something sacred would unfold that would change the lives of all who saw it.

When Troy Taylor kicked a goal to temporarily put us in front, I was on the blower to the give ups, the reverberation of Richmond supporters celebrating shook the very foundations of that abomination that is the Docklands.

Before the umpire paid a free against and spoiled the party, the sleeping giant awoke, and we were united as one in delirious rapture, if only for a few seconds.

We may have eventually gone down by 3 goals, but we won the war. And yes, after that game I got new mates.
That was an incredible quarter. Close to the greatest crowd atmosphere I've felt outside of the Adelaide GF!! I think there was pretty much 4 goals in about 5 minutes at one stage. The **** that paid that free when we hit the front was umpiring yesterday. Never forgiven him :mad:

evil-laugh-devil.gif
How are you feeling today mate? Going ok??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back