Autopsy Roast & toast vs Brisbane round 10 & changes for Adelaide round 11

Best vs Brisbane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfairly people have compared as to Hawthorn and Brisbane. Three in a row would have been nice, but we are nowhere near the calibre of a team that these sides were during their glory days. Still the last four years have been great. The tigers have given us some awesome memories and 3 flags in 4 years was a tremendous effort. We proved all of the moronic haters wrong, who labelled us the worst team ever to win a flag. We became a great team and should be proud of what we achieved. This is the end of an era and we will inevitably go through another rebuild. Hopefully we can take a few good kids in this years' draft and be back playing finals in a couple of years time

I can’t even be angry at the players for what occurred tonight with the umpiring of the game.
outs - Houli, Hugo, Rioli, Ross
ins - Bolton, Prestia, Caddy, Edwards.
AFL is corrupt as hell.
Our boys tried their guts out. The old saying. Don't get angry, get even. We are gonna be lining up teams on the run home. The Tiger Machine about to kick into blitz mode. 👍

Unfairly people have compared as to Hawthorn and Brisbane. Three in a row would have been nice, but we are nowhere near the calibre of a team that these sides were during their glory days. Still the last four years have been great. The tigers have given us some awesome memories and 3 flags in 4 years was a tremendous effort. We proved all of the moronic haters wrong, who labelled us the worst team ever to win a flag. We became a great team and should be proud of what we achieved. This is the end of an era and we will inevitably go through another rebuild. Hopefully we can take a few good kids in this years' draft and be back playing finals in a couple of years time

What the actual ****

He hasn't been great since Ramadan finished, but tonight was a step forward .
Plenty of others in the backline not standing up .
Short's kicking is horrible.
Floss has been a liability for the 3 weeks back .
Astbury lost
He was aweful tonigh. Turned it over and fumbly. He’s lacking touch.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dimma towing the company line FFS say it as it is us supporters are sick to death of it.
The triuble is the media will make an Everest of it.
Any other club’s coach and they would have a little joke about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's more about the game than the club. I was born a tiger, my old man is one eyed and ran the supporters group in Brisbane for a few years when I was younger. After I moved to Melbourne he soon followed so we could watch the Tiges together. I just think the game has gone to sh*t and in not enjoyable. Finally having our time in the sun is the only reason I'm still hanging on.
My late father got me into the Tigers. Got me a jumper with no29 on the back when I was a kid. 1980. KB. Enough said. Tiger for life 😍🐯👍

This is why last week was crucial. I was expecting this loss, we just need to tread water until everyone comes back over the next few weeks. We were right in that on the scoreboard even though we were down in some key areas. If we had some key midfielders back I don't think we would have conceded the lead at all once we got out to the four goal headstart.

I'm getting worried about Astbury. He's been solid for years but he's starting to look really slow. But imo our KPD stocks are poo and I don't see a replacement.

Starting to change my mind on Aarts. A few really good weeks. RCD is a keeper.

Aarts is probably our 2n best forward atm - which is a problem. he has won me over though

This is me and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I don't enjoy football any more and haven't for years. I was done but as an 80s kid and we were sh*t my entire life. I'm a gold member but it's more of a token to the club rather than being bothered to go to games every week. I started getting more interested again 13-15 when we were making finals again then the last few years it has been lid off, I didn't think I'd ever see us win anything and it was a good chance to create some memories with dad by being able to go to 2017 GF. Once it's over so will I be most likely. I don't enjoy the sport at all.

I don't think i have disliked the game more than i do now. I have Kayo which is new for me, I thought i would watch every game via the 24/7 replay option. I have the NBA league pass and would end up watching5-10 games a week just because i enjoy it so much -more often than not in the background etc.

With Kayo, i am watching less footy than ever. Watch the Tigers and maybe sprinkle though some other games if the scores were close - but i don't care at all.

Ironically though, I find myself watching their "Classic Matches all the time. Not even Richmond games,just random games between Footscray and Fitzroy from the 90;s etc. I love it. I love watching the game, hearing the commentary, the crowd roar and seeing the fans in the stands. The game has changed to a point where something has been lost,

Watching tonight it clicked to me what killed it. The "Irish" games - it all went to shit as soon as we went to Ireland and started playing matches. After that, the AFL got obsessed with taking the physicality out of the match. Became obsessed with making it faster. Then, the "sideways stance set shot thing began sneaking into the game & the AFL allowed and encouraged it.

The game now looks closer to the hybrid AFL-Gaelic game we played than what AFL did. I realiased that those Irish games were not for us, it was an e chance for the afl to stuy, trial and make a blueprint to change the game from its true self into a product they thought, I assume, made it more sellable to outside markets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back