Autopsy Roast & toast vs Brisbane round 10 & changes for Adelaide round 11

Best vs Brisbane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it all really.

Regardless of your political views, if you wear a t-shirt of a politician, you are very stupid person.
83104d737c64480ab072ef68ea938dda.jpg
well in fairness he is just another useless cog in the Murdoch machine

Unfairly people have compared as to Hawthorn and Brisbane. Three in a row would have been nice, but we are nowhere near the calibre of a team that these sides were during their glory days. Still the last four years have been great. The tigers have given us some awesome memories and 3 flags in 4 years was a tremendous effort. We proved all of the moronic haters wrong, who labelled us the worst team ever to win a flag. We became a great team and should be proud of what we achieved. This is the end of an era and we will inevitably go through another rebuild. Hopefully we can take a few good kids in this years' draft and be back playing finals in a couple of years time

I've been constantly pissed off at the Port loss over the past month, feels like the 1 game that got away that we should have really won.

For the Lions, Cats and Demons games however, it's been almost exactly the same story:

- 1st quarter we play very well, get the jump on them and get out to a nice lead.

- The other team is then gifted frees which aren't there, right in front of goal allowing them to catch up. The frees also kill any of our momentum making it the marging at least 3-4 goals closer.

- All 3 of these losses I 100% remember calling that the umps will keep the oppo in it, and I was right each time. (It was ****ing 20-6 frees the Lions way, 15minutes into the 2nd quarter tonight when we were in front)

- Instead of being 5-6 goals up at half time in each game, the margin is nearly even.

- By then the energy has been sucked out of our players due to not being rewarded fairly by the umpires, allowing the oppo to get a run on us late in the 3rd.

- Umps even up the free kick tally in the last when the game is done.

The scorelines are extremely similar in all 3 of those losses...

Screenshot_20210521-234753_AFL.jpg
Screenshot_20210521-234803_AFL.jpg
Screenshot_20210521-234810_AFL.jpg

I can't see how it's "just a coincidence" that all 3 of these games played out in almost exactly the same way.

Take 5 or 6 1st 22 mids out of any team in the competition and they will lose more games than they win, this is fact. The injuries we have sustained in the past were more a spread of players and at different times so not the entire midfield all at once, you can apply band aids but the wound is still festering underneath, no one can deny this.

To be 5:5 at this point I believe is about as good as it gets given the circumstances and the fact we have had about the hardest draw to boot. Everything has been against us yet we still have opportunity to be 7:5 at the bye which again will be a good result.

It all comes down to how well the returning players get up to speed and we start playing like we know we can and to do so for 4 quarters. We are a V8 running on a couple of cylinders and 91 unleaded fuel, we have alot of improvement in us, other side's above us are playing at their peaks so will encounter down periods in the coming weeks.

As they say, it's a marathon not a sprint, we have the opportunity to reel some of the front runners if we are good enough.
Spot on. You take say Gawn, Petracca, Oliver and Brayshaw out of the Dees and watch them capitulate.

Tonight’s game had a familiar feel. Great start, opposition even up score in 2nd quarter. Go to sleep in 3rd, some nice patches in the 4th but too much to overcome. The other all too often feature is horrendous umpiring, 18 to 4 at one stage. Genuinely hard to watch when umpires exert that level of influence, I’m not one for conspiracy theories but the free kick differential is too great to ignore. How do the umpires miss all those glaringly obvious frees that should have been awarded to us?

changes for next week

in- a brownlow medalist, a JD medalist, an all austalian magician and a fella clubs are throwing squillions at.

outs- a couple of young mids and a couple of tired men out of form and need a spell.

I don’t think any of those guys are going to be ready yet

Am I wrong?

I agree we got major inns to come basically the whole midfield but if we think it's just going to happen dream on.We need a major improvement skill wise , kicking , decision making etc.The second ruck option needs to come in the cattle is there we keep on not using it.Need a few more strings to our game plan to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been constantly pissed off at the Port loss over the past month, feels like the 1 game that got away that we should have really won.

For the Lions, Cats and Demons games however, it's been almost exactly the same story:

- 1st quarter we play very well, get the jump on them and get out to a nice lead.

- The other team is then gifted frees which aren't there, right in front of goal allowing them to catch up. The frees also kill any of our momentum making it the marging at least 3-4 goals closer.

- All 3 of these losses I 100% remember calling that the umps will keep the oppo in it, and I was right each time. (It was ******* 20-6 frees the Lions way, 15minutes into the 2nd quarter tonight when we were in front)

- Instead of being 5-6 goals up at half time in each game, the margin is nearly even.

- By then the energy has been sucked out of our players due to not being rewarded fairly by the umpires, allowing the oppo to get a run on us late in the 3rd.

- Umps even up the free kick tally in the last when the game is done.

The scorelines are extremely similar in all 3 of those losses...

View attachment 1133813
View attachment 1133812
View attachment 1133811

I can't see how it's "just a coincidence" that all 3 of these games played out in almost exactly the same way.
**** that is damning

Unfairly people have compared as to Hawthorn and Brisbane. Three in a row would have been nice, but we are nowhere near the calibre of a team that these sides were during their glory days. Still the last four years have been great. The tigers have given us some awesome memories and 3 flags in 4 years was a tremendous effort. We proved all of the moronic haters wrong, who labelled us the worst team ever to win a flag. We became a great team and should be proud of what we achieved. This is the end of an era and we will inevitably go through another rebuild. Hopefully we can take a few good kids in this years' draft and be back playing finals in a couple of years time

F6BFAC47-47C8-46AD-A2BB-EA507D478CCA.gif

Like every other year, we’ll get to finals, they’ll put the whistles away for both sides and let us play football
exactly most umpires that get a gig in finals are the ones that don't give out pussy and soft frees to the duckers, scaggers, divers and stagers like selwood, hawkins and mccrae who all get twice as many frees in the H&A as they do in finals.

Disappointing to go down after such a good start, probably should have been three goals up heading into quarter-time and taken a lead into half-time. Special mention to the umpiring fraternity again, we get about half a second before getting called to play on and they bent us over hard in every way possible during the first half. Good fighting loss all things considered, only one stat really mattered in this game and it was an expected one - 52 clearances to 24.

A four goal loss after being on the receiving end of a midfield massacre like that is not such a bad result and a testament to our system forward and back. Add our top mids back in and we'll still have the wood over that mob come the business end of the season.

Big kudos to my fellow QLD Tigers for turning up and making their presence felt, we were really up and about early, it almost didn't feel like we were outnumbered there for a while and the Brions casual supporters were seriously panicking! ;)

Balta had probably his best game for the year, made a mockery of the dewy conditions and really dominated the air with some great intercepts and spoils. Nosed out Kmac who I thought had one of his best games. The big knock on the first part of his career was his ball use, but he's come a long way since then and these days is consistently complimenting his hard run and contested prowess with some genuinely classy disposal. Aarts was good again, he's had a great last three games, works his arse off and is progressing along the right kind of improvement curve again after a few ordinary games early season.

Nank was huge again, fought hard all night and did his best to turn the clearance slaughter around, Baker tried his heart out and was no doubt our best mid again, should be given rotations once the big boys are back. Broad continued his good season with another very solid defensive performance. Solid performances from most of the rest...I never bag anyone in the match report. ;)

Was really happy to get the chance to see the three newest kids in person, all of them have plenty to offer and had some good moments. Naish has a body far more suited to senior football after this pre-season, looking way more at home at the level and is developing quite well. RCD will be a very solid player at worst once his tank develops, could end up a top mid if things fall his way and he puts in the work. Ralphsmith is a real goer, like the former two he's probably a pre-season or two off seriously contending to push others who can play his role out of the senior side, but he has a lot of great attributes which stand out.

Big selection ins to look forward to over the next week/fortnight, we've learned plenty and blooded some promising kids. I have every faith we'll build some genuine momentum going into the bye, then hopefully we can keep enough guns on the park to come home with a wet sail.

Something resembling our best-22, somewhere near their best form will have them all fearing us going into finals, whether we manage top-4 or not.

Two big games at the 'G coming up, Crowbots next week, Dreamtime with the Druggo's the one after. Good opportunities to get our game going then head into the bye on the right side of the ledger - and on a massive high after MRJ sets the football world on fire with a 6-goal debut. Bookmark it!

Go Tigers! :thumbsu::richmond:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back