Autopsy Roast & toast vs Brisbane round 10 & changes for Adelaide round 11

Best vs Brisbane

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick of us being everyone's punching bag, from the clowns at fox footy who think we are bullies to the opposition supporters who have NFI how hard it is to win a flag let alone multiple flags, to the biased AFL umpires who are blatant cheats and flog teams like the Lions who carry on like they won the flag as beating us.

Time to make a stand and tell them all to fu** off, what to interview a Richmond player or coach? nope go fu** yourself, you want Richmond v everyone else then so be it. Time the tiger army said enough's enough.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm with you and media never highlight our frees always we're thugs.Fox footy just had a segment on us King and Montagna I can't stand him and you knew umpires will be on us.

Key points for the night...

- The club won't say anything, but they should. 20-6 frees at half time is an absolute rort. Take out the fact that Aarts marked it and it should've been 50, that's 20-5. We had a slight free kick win vs. the Dogs and geez didn't it show? **** me, seriously, this has to stop.

- Brisbane are deplorable. I'm sure their fans love it, but they are just ****ing ferals. Carrying on like the most arrogant pricks, Harris Andrews joining in the chorus of boos on the mark at one stage. What have you achieved Brisbane? You've failed two seasons in a row. Eat some humble pie. We torched you 15 times in a row and never disrespected you like that. Absolute joke. Andrews and Mathieson need a good look in the mirror.

- Outside the above, we did reasonably well all things considered. It's not an excuse, we're genuinely missing too much midfield talent and a gun, senior midfield, is irreplaceable. Take McCluggage, Lyons and Bailey out of that tonight to go with Neale and Rayner, and they don't win. Simple as that.

- What do we do about Rioli and Castagna? Do we persevere given our team should be whole again soon, and our system back up and running? We aren't trapping it in the forward 50 and they go missing so much. Are we better off just playing more talented footballers now? I've been huge supporters of the two but I'm starting to lose patience.

- Pickett tries hard but not up to it for mine, disposal is terrible and fumbles way too much.

- CCJ must come in. We simply have to play a backup ruckman. It means we'll stop messing with our backline structure too.

- Short has been average of late. Still safe?

- We need another guy who can take a mark inside forward 50. I'm not just referring to the backup ruck resting there, I'm talking about a medium forward that isn't just Dusty resting there. Caddy forward or Stack, one of them has to play.

- Dusty needs to spend more around the midfield, not just centre bounces. Wasted sitting forward, absolutely wasted when we need him around the ground. 2017 he played much more midfield, was amazing. The team flourishes around him.

Side I would like to see soon...

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Houli, Balta, Vlastuin
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Edwards, Lynch, Bolton
Caddy, Riewoldt, Stack
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
CCJ, Graham, Baker, Rioli jnr.

emg/ RCD, Short, Castagna, Pickett

RCD is stiff, just making way for returning guns.

Here's a quality defensive plays compilation:

- Nice one on one win by Balta on McCarthy
- Baker tackles McLuggage (soft high), chases kick to Madden and bumps him nicely then tackles Bailey to get a HTB and defensive outlet to Dusty
- Balta good 1on1 win against Daniher
- Broad good spoil running back with the flight but ball still goes forward but Balta intercepts the kick forward.
- Zorko handballs to top of square, Balta attacks the footy and throws it on his boot nicely right up the middle to Pickett
- Pickett handballs in traffic out towards Dusty, McLuggage gets it to Mathieson and Pickett chases him hard to affect the kick, Balta kicks it out of mid air to Broad
- Nank taps high bouncing ball up and loses sight of it and it bounces right off his bonce
- Broad good run back and jump to get fist on the ball before it crossed the line and good toughness to run into the post in the process
- Baker good run and spoil on Zorko
- KMac good defensive run back to the goalsquare and kick out of trouble to Aarts

If you'd like to check out the rest of the GIFs from tonights game, they're from here ->
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/richmond-gifs.1047662/post-70176648

Here's a quality defensive plays compilation:

- Nice one on one win by Balta on McCarthy
- Baker tackles McLuggage (soft high), chases kick to Madden and bumps him nicely then tackles Bailey to get a HTB and defensive outlet to Dusty
- Balta good 1on1 win against Daniher
- Broad good spoil running back with the flight but ball still goes forward but Balta intercepts the kick forward.
- Zorko handballs to top of square, Balta attacks the footy and throws it on his boot nicely right up the middle to Pickett
- Pickett handballs in traffic out towards Dusty, McLuggage gets it to Mathieson and Pickett chases him hard to affect the kick, Balta kicks it out of mid air to Broad
- Nank taps high bouncing ball up and loses sight of it and it bounces right off his bonce
- Broad good run back and jump to get fist on the ball before it crossed the line and good toughness to run into the post in the process
- Baker good run and spoil on Zorko
- KMac good defensive run back to the goalsquare and kick out of trouble to Aarts

If you'd like to check out the rest of the GIFs from tonights game, they're from here ->
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/richmond-gifs.1047662/post-70176648
Any chance we can get a GIF of Harris Andrews on the mark in the last quarter. He boos with the crowd then does this stupid little dance.

Want to meme the hell out of it every time they lose from here on out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a totally unexpected result tbh. Was good to see the kids again and no injuries is always welcome. Good thing the lions were to shit to put us to the sword like Swans/Cats🤢 (the game was similar to the cats game) did, our percentage didn’t get hurt to bad so another plus.

Luckily it seems like we’ll get some players back next week. Can’t afford to drop anymore games pre-bye.

Ins: Cotchin, Bolton, Edwards & Prestia (Lambert 2 weeks away, RD 12 V Ess Dreamtime)
Outs: Naish, Ralphsmith, Ross & Collier Dawkins (thought Riley was the best out of the 4), but he needs to kick more, 13 HB and 5 Kicks)

Jake Aarts very impressive but Rioli & Castagna seriously should be on notice, They do not work hard enough, bordering on invisible.

On Mansell, he's a beauty I like him but don't think we'll make 5 changes, think he'll play seconds.

Just on Astbury starting to become a liability, bordering on zero pressure and is too slow. Compare to Balta and you really see the difference..
Dimma needs to stop this lunacy of Astbury going in the ruck, bring in CCJ

Last edited:
I've been constantly pissed off at the Port loss over the past month, feels like the 1 game that got away that we should have really won.

For the Lions, Cats and Demons games however, it's been almost exactly the same story:

- 1st quarter we play very well, get the jump on them and get out to a nice lead.

- The other team is then gifted frees which aren't there, right in front of goal allowing them to catch up. The frees also kill any of our momentum making it the marging at least 3-4 goals closer.

- All 3 of these losses I 100% remember calling that the umps will keep the oppo in it, and I was right each time. (It was ******* 20-6 frees the Lions way, 15minutes into the 2nd quarter tonight when we were in front)

- Instead of being 5-6 goals up at half time in each game, the margin is nearly even.

- By then the energy has been sucked out of our players due to not being rewarded fairly by the umpires, allowing the oppo to get a run on us late in the 3rd.

- Umps even up the free kick tally in the last when the game is done.

The scorelines are extremely similar in all 3 of those losses...

View attachment 1133813
View attachment 1133812
View attachment 1133811

I can't see how it's "just a coincidence" that all 3 of these games played out in almost exactly the same way.
Wonderful post because it is an accurate description of how early umpiring has thwarted us from getting off to good starts. Eventually we are zapped of energy and second guessing ourselves in the second half. Blatant umpiring decisions to even the competition has cost us at least 3 games this season.

did enjoy this goal:
That is Pickett's goal! That was the highlight of the match. I am a big fan of Pickett. I understand sometimes his ball distribution and urgency can be a detriment, but I just like seeing someone who glides around like an iceskater and puts and effort in. I haven't seen football played like he does it. It's virtuoso.

How critical to our game plan was George. Just read the book! He’s so good!

View attachment 1133877

You'd think his teammates think he's a w***er too. Jesus Christ who even says that when they are a fringe player
On numerous occasions Zorko and Daniher pulled him up on his behaviour and told him to pull his head in. I'm not a big fan of either of those players, but credit to them for doing that.

Mathieson is a campaigner of the highest order. Not only is he yappy as **** even though he's achieved nothing in his career, he's the worst serial diver/head-thrower in the game. And that includes Duckwood!!

Pretty sure he headbutted Baker too after kicking that goal, albeit gently. I wonder how the MRO will look at that. In soccer for example, any headbutt contact is an instant red card and subsequent ban.

Fagan reckons it was even because he had 4 or 5 that maybe would be in his 22 out. Pick your best 5 midfielders including your captain and drop them, then we'd be even.
We have him right where we want him
Only better thing than a H&A rematch would be a finals rematch at the Gabba. Full 22 and we’d do them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back