News Robbie Gray in recruiting and list management role

Remove this Banner Ad

Most amateur players would be lining up to play on him. It would be a honour.
Absolutely agree.

I remember years ago, my amateur club was scheduled to play Brahma Lodge, who were rumoured to have Byron Pickett pull on the jumper for them as a guest appearance.

He never ended up playing, but had he suited up, that would have been the one game where I would have absolutely played the hamstring awareness card, no f*cks given.

Most amateur players would be lining up to play on him. It would be a honour.
I work with a bloke who played junior footy for west torrens in the 70s, and his go to story is about the one time he got promoted to the reserves, playing north adelaide, and he ended up having to stand Barry Robran. He didn't get a kick on the great man, but when he tells the story it's obvious that's the highlight of his entire footy career.
Plenty of ammos will love having to line up on Robbie just so they can talk about it the rest of their lives

Last edited:

Ive played on Sam Day directly and James Aish (not the same positions just opposite teams)

Its not an honour to get absolutely toweled up

Its not an honour to get absolutely toweled up

I still remember getting absolutely pantsed by Luke McCabe (Hawthorn) in U13's when he kicked about 10 goals on me from the centre. Granted I just looked him up and realised he is 3 years older than me which does make me feel a bit better (albeit 30 odd years later).

Lou Vincent (ended up playing for NZ) smashed me to all corners of the park in U17 cricket too. He was insanely good.

I got towelled up by Nigel Smart's one armed brother when I was about 15. He was a fair bit taller than me though, so that was my excuse for getting out marked

I got towelled up by Nigel Smart's one armed brother when I was about 15. He was a fair bit taller than me though, so that was my excuse for getting out marked
There was a guy (93% sure he played for Tanunda) who was missing a hand (just a stump).... He was still bloody good and could take a grab.

There was a guy (93% sure he played for Tanunda) who was missing a hand (just a stump).... He was still bloody good and could take a grab.
One of the Kelly bros (Billy), who lost an arm from electrocution when working for ETSA still played a number of A grade games for (from memory) Plympton in the early 1970's.

His middle brother Kevin played league footy for Woodville, and the youngest (Tom) was a champion amateur boxer.

One of the Kelly bros (Billy), who lost an arm from electrocution when working for ETSA still played a number of A grade games for (from memory) Plympton in the early 1970's.

His middle brother Kevin played league footy for Woodville, and the youngest (Tom) was a champion amateur boxer.
It's good when people have been kicked down but get up and continue doing what they love ect.

I played footy and cricket with a bloke in the same situation. Was a damn fine footballer and a great close in fielder.

A mate of mine told me he used to stick his stump in your face if you tried to tackle him. Was apparently pretty effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

453009257_1024574919672004_5582564237323955433_n.jpg

I work with a bloke who played junior footy for west torrens in the 70s, and his go to story is about the one time he got promoted to the reserves, playing north adelaide, and he ended up having to stand Barry Robran. He didn't get a kick on the great man, but when he tells the story it's obvious that's the highlight of his entire footy career.
Plenty of ammos will love having to line up on Robbie just so they can talk about it the rest of their lives

Couple of years late to the party here, but I knew a guy once who was promoted to play league for North Adelaide. He was rapt except it was against Port and he thought he was going to stand David Granger. He admits he didn't sleep that night ;)

Luckily for him he wound up playing at the other end of the oval and avoided David.

Years ago Broken Hill played in a combined game curtain raiser for Port.

Robbie Gray actually made bee line for the umpires as the groups passed one another exiting the oval and said something like 'well umpired today lads, good game'. It was such a small random thing that didn't need to happen, but totally full of class.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree.

I remember years ago, my amateur club was scheduled to play Brahma Lodge, who were rumoured to have Byron Pickett pull on the jumper for them as a guest appearance.

He never ended up playing, but had he suited up, that would have been the one game where I would have absolutely played the hamstring awareness card, no f*cks given.
A buddy of mine played that card when he found out he had to line up against Sebastien Chabal during an internal trial at Balmain RUFC.

Imagine being the poor campaigner lining up at back pocket for your local ammos side and looking up to see Robbie Gray sidling up next to you.
He'll be in the guts.

Against the least competitive side in town currently.

If he wants to get going this could get really pretty.

Anyway don't know what's wrong with yous blokes, I kept future AFL star goalless in one of their last local games.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Robbie Gray in recruiting and list management role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back