Waylen Manson:

[YOUTUBE]eI3cGVAzgck[/YOUTUBE]

Marley Williams:

[YOUTUBE]ga4_TxU2cKY[/YOUTUBE]

Myles Bolger:

[YOUTUBE]NlKxYGLiBsE[/YOUTUBE]

Sam Frost:

[YOUTUBE]DBLsyENGftA[/YOUTUBE]

has to be waylen if he's available... doesnt it?

With almost no chance of having him adapt to a) Melbourne, b) full-time football program, and even c) the scrutiny that goes with being a Collingwood player, the club may consider him too risky a pick.

has to be waylen if he's available... doesnt it?

Would be my pick. Most talented player in this years draft and has the production to back it up. This isn't to say he has doesn't have flaws - doesn't handball, doesn't tackle among other concerns.
But Manson just marks everything and kicks lots of goals consistantly to a higher level than anyone else in the country can. Best of all he is an ideal fit into our forward structure because he can play alongside Dawes and Cloke as an extra marking target - which we could have done with against Geelong in that grand final when they continually marked every high entry into our forward 50 and rebounded it back over our heads.

The rookie list was basically designed for players like Manson - who have the talent but there might be have issues of homesickness or personality/work ethic.

In the rookie draft it's a case of if things don't work out you can delist no problem after season one. But if they do work out. Then we are all in for a treat.

We have the resources, leadership and the professional environment to help him, so I think we are one of the clubs where Manson could potentially make the grade.

Where the club rate Manson, I have no clue. But personally I'm very keen for us to add him.

=. Best of all he is an ideal fit into our forward structure because he can play alongside Dawes and Cloke as an extra marking target - which we could have done with against Geelong in that grand final when they continually marked every high entry into our forward 50 and rebounded it back over our heads.

What about Jackson Paine as I think he can fill that Role as well

Hopefully we go for the 2 best available mids.

Will we be getting Stubbs and Farmer on the rookie list like we did Thoolen?

That would complete our 4 picks.

That's what I am hoping. Don't want to Re-Rookie Reed

What about Jackson Paine as I think he can fill that Role as well

Stylistically Paine is more of a KPF at this stage and just hope he grows another 1-3cm. At his height could become a 3rd tall but I probably wouldn't play him with Cloke/Dawes.

I'd have him develop as our depth KPF because if Cloke/Dawes get injured at any point you need someone ready to go, and stylistically he is a physical, marking presence who could probably step in for a couple of games if need be.

Whereas Manson is someone I'd be more inclined to play as a 3rd tall (think Jurrah), but he could just as easily play as a key forward.

They don't have to overlap and could probably to a degree compliment eachother because Paine has a different game all together - more physical, can shift up the ground, willing tackler with Manson more of a high flying forward who you want to keep closer to goal at this stage where he is so productive.

Stylistically Paine is more of a KPF at this stage and just hope he grows another 1-3cm. At his height could become a 3rd tall but I probably wouldn't play him with Cloke/Dawes.

I'd have him develop as our depth KPF because if Cloke/Dawes get injured at any point you need someone ready to go, and stylistically he is a physical, marking presence who could probably step in for a couple of games if need be.

Fair Enough to say he be Depth as a KPF but I can still see him playing as a 3rd KPF if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What area did Geelong smash us in last year? Hardness / strong bodies.

Enter Joshua Waldhuter.

For mine, this is a no-brainer for our list IF he is available. This kid has borderline psychotic attack on the ball and man, a penetrating kick and reasonably quick. Will never be found wanting for effort or having an impact on the game even without the ball. Am astounded no one drafted him. You can never have enough of these types of players and Hine has already shown he likes the aggressive sort by the drafting of Hunter and Sinclair. Waldhuter reminds me of Max Rooke with a better kick on him.

Date of birth: 15/03/93
Height: 183cm
Weight: 83Kg

KEVIN SHEEHAN SAYS

"Represented South Australia at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, playing in all five games. His attack on the ball and team orientation stood out, along with his hard edge. Is a penetrating kick. From Willaston FC."

I don't know how to embed YouTube clips so if someone an help me with a later post that would be great.

Otherwise - view video HERE.

Further insight into Joshua's mindset:

JOSH Waldhuter plays footy like he is “crazy”, according to Bulldogs clubmate and fellow AFL draft hopeful Steve Rusca.

“He’ll put his head over anything and he’s really hard at the footy,” Rusca says.

Tough midfielder Waldhuter, who played the last eight games of the season with a broken wrist, says he only knows one way to play.

“You’ve got to get the ball so you’ve got to go in hard,” Waldhuter, of Willaston, says.

TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT THIS KID!

Source - http://news-review-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/pick-of-our-bunch/

Enter Joshua Waldhuter.

For mine, this is a no-brainer for our list IF he is available. This kid has borderline psychotic attack on the ball and man, a penetrating kick and reasonably quick. Will never be found wanting for effort or having an impact on the game even without the ball. Am astounded no one drafted him. You can never have enough of these types of players and Hine has already shown he likes the aggressive sort by the drafting of Hunter and Sinclair. Waldhuter reminds me of Max Rooke with a better kick on him.

KEVIN SHEEHAN SAYS

"Represented South Australia at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, playing in all five games. His attack on the ball and team orientation stood out, along with his hard edge. Is a penetrating kick. From Willaston FC."

I don't know how to embed YouTube clips so if someone an help me with a later post that would be great.

Then why did he not go in the National Draft then?

Enter Joshua Waldhuter.

KEVIN SHEEHAN SAYS

Wow. Sign him up Pies :thumbsu:

Reminds me of Mitch Robinson the way he goes about it. If he goes down in a tackle, looks at where the ball is and goes straight for it. No worries, just keeps to the number one rule in footy: 'Get the ball'

Not a high possession rate through the Champs. My belief is that this can be improved and he could be a solid role player as a defensive forward.

What you can't teach is a manic attack on player and man. Averaged 5 tackles per game through Champs.

Well that does explain why he is in the Rookie Draft but I agree the Manic Attack can't be Taught. 5 Tackles is something that Bucks is Looking For.

I say he would be in our Thinking for the Rookie Draft

Waldhuter is one i've liked for some time.

Have him rated inside my top 25 prospects for this year.

- Would have taken him in the bigfooty rookie phantom draft if he was available but no such luck I'm afraid.

Another reasonably similar player also worth looking at. Cam Eardley. After Waldhuter would probably have to have the next best attack on the ball/ man of anyone in this years draft.

Like Waldhuter not a huge ball winner. But I like allot because he just doesn't back down and will give it a crack.

Waldhuter is one i've liked for some time.

Have him rated inside my top 25 prospects for this year.

- Would have taken him in the bigfooty rookie phantom draft if he was available but no such luck I'm afraid.

Another reasonably similar player also worth looking at. Cam Eardley. After Waldhuter would probably have to have the next best attack on the ball/ man of anyone in this years draft.

Like Waldhuter not a huge ball winner. But I like allot because he just doesn't back down and will give it a crack.

Earldy can also take a Hanger:

[YOUTUBE]xOgPPHRJVN0[/YOUTUBE]

any chance of Shane Nelson getting a look in? He was the best kick in Buckley's kicking test in the draft combine - an by a fair way too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rookie Draft 2011 13th of December

Remove this Banner Ad

Back