Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Anna Nicole Smith loved J Howard Marshal III

images
A perfect example of True Love.
Makes ya go weak at the knees🤪

We definitely don't want what's best for the team and the club that pays us hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. What we want is what makes our friend happy ❤️

What a wonderful high performance culture we have cultivated.
It’s infuriating.
Football is a hard game.
Speaking a “club first” narrative is ****ing easy.
If we can’t do the easy shit it’s no wonder we suck at football.

It's time like this where Port should do an Essendon and make unreasonable demands. If Vic clubs want Houston that badly, they are going to have to cough up 2 x 1st rounders minimum as a starting point and when I say 2 x 1st rounders, at least 1 in the top 10 and another in the top 15. Also he is contracted, so his value will automatically go up.

Knowing Port, they will do it for unders because they're a "family club". Isn't Houston on 5AA tomorrow morning? Surely he will confirm the report with the whole "I'm contracted for another 3 years" which translates to "I am considering my options" like all players do when they say "I'm contracted".

It’s the timing of the story that makes me think there might be some truth to it. If a club comes knocking with a good deal, why wouldn’t we entertain it?

I would much rather trade out Marshall & Wines, but there market value wouldn’t be anywhere near what Houston’s would be.
And this is the problem. Don't entertain it at all for a very consistent player with a deadly leg. These are the backbone of a great team.

We have traded so many times for better picks then trade picks out a year latter for the last piece of the puzzle which ends up worse or no better than what we traded out a few years prior.

Sadly CD and the whole footy department cannot seem to capitalize on a great season to extract best value from solid but not great players. Eg. Marshall, Lobbe, Hinkley 2014.

And teams like Geelong don't trade out the good players, they trade players like Ratugolea or borderline 22 who either couldn't hold a spot or they had no one better. They trade them to desperate list managers where they neglected to draft needs.

They(Geelong) have a strong and proven footy program, they attract good players and they 'clean out its no-hopers from the doorman, to the head trainer, to the captain.' They stole I swear.

Sadly our footy program shows nothing of this.

So no, we don't entertain these offers and come out saying this then sticking to it.

Sorry boys, had a few beers. Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im a Houston fan also but port drafted him when everyone else overlooked him and we gave him a decent contract extension if he wants to go then go just take hinkley with ya lol another greedy polec/amon grease deal it is f*#ked tho

I really don't want Dan to leave us but two 1st rounders is what we should be looking g at. It's not unreasonable at all.

He's an AA and in his prime.

All of the Melbourne clubs will want him. Maybe not the Saints, maybe not Collingwood but everyone else, especially those coming into the their premiership window would.

It would also give us the possibility to chuck in a few older players to get some more younger players or draft picks for a megatrade.

But yeah, unless he wants to leave, I'd keep him, without hesitation.

Rumours that he's met with Melbourne hierarchy already
You would do Kysaiah for Houston. Maybe try and swap their first for our second to sweeten the pot.

That is a win, win trade.

Houston would be electric off half back with May and Lever handing him the ball.

Kosi is a super need for us, he's younger and kicks goals, is dynamic in the forward line and could also elevate his game for midfield minutes.

If both players are amicable about the trade why wouldn’t we do it? We are in the position where we don’t have any draft capital to lure a quality player over.

When viewing our current list, this would be the right move to make.

Melbourne would be wanting a pick with Kossie not the other way around.

And given the way we bent over last year to fill needs I have no doubt we would give it in that scenario.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kosi is a great player but he hasn't sniffed AA.

He may have made the squad in the premiership year but I don't recall him even getting in the squad.

We should be going in strong.

Kosi is a great player but he hasn't sniffed AA.

He may have made the squad in the premiership year but I don't recall him even getting in the squad.

We should be going in strong.
Should and will are two very different things.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back