Remove this Banner Ad

B: Ryan, Cox, Logue
HB: Young, Pearce, Clark
C: Acres, Fyfe, Henry
HF: Frederick, Taberner, Walters
F: Switkowski, Lobb, Schultz
R/Fol: Darcy, Serong, Brayshaw
I: Colyer, Brodie, Mundy, Chapman

I don't think there's any chance that Henry will be dropped for Round 1, you can bookmark this post and come back to harrass me if I'm wrong.

Hamling is nowhere near it. JL has more or less said that he's miles behind. He's only coming in if there injuries anyway (imo).

I would have Tucker in but it's probably unlikely due to limited match minutes, by all reports he's had a seriously good pre season and had Acres' wing earmarked. Acres does deserve his Round 1 spot but will be sweating bullets if Tucker has a good WAFL practice match.

If Fyfe doesn't come up then Brodie starts on field and Banfield to the bench.

Post Round 1.. I have NFI how we make room for Treacy and Sturt. Sturt in for Schultz maybe?? I say that being a huge Schultz fan. What a great position to be in.
Lobb will break his pea heart or his feelings or something soon enough and Treacy can work his way in though Ruck relief will be a dilemma...
Looks about right but I'd be very surprised if Fyfe plays round one, he may not play until round three imo.

Looks about right but I'd be very surprised if Fyfe plays round one, he may not play until round three imo.
Round 3 would be some almighty fibs coming out of the club given they've just labelled him as test. That's another 4 1/2 week from now....

My R1 starting team. Henry needs to force himself back into the team. If treacy isn't fit than leave him out of the side.

B. Logue Pearce Ryan

HB. Young Cox Clark

C Acres Brayshaw Fredrick

HF Walters Lobb Colyer

FF Schultz Taberner Treacy

R Darcy Fyfe Mundy Serong

INT Chapman Switkowski Brodie

SUB Henry

My R1 starting team. Henry needs to force himself back into the team. If treacy isn't fit than leave him out of the side.

B. Logue Pearce Ryan

HB. Young Cox Clark

C Acres Brayshaw Fredrick

HF Walters Lobb Colyer

FF Schultz Taberner Treacy

R Darcy Fyfe Mundy Serong

INT Chapman Switkowski Brodie

SUB Henry
We should definitely dominate in the middle with that line-up. Not sure the umps will let us do that though.

We should definitely dominate in the middle with that line-up. Not sure the umps will let us do that though.
Only concern is being too slow. Rotating Switta, Clark and eventually Freddy through there could help this.

I'm a Cox fan (settle down) but have been a bit disappointed with him so far in the two scratchies.

Am I expecting too much, or reading too much into those performances?

His first game was awful, but I thought bar a couple dumb decisions his second game was fine.

I'm a Cox fan (settle down) but have been a bit disappointed with him so far in the two scratchies.

Am I expecting too much, or reading too much into those performances?
I expected him to dominate, especially on Dixon, so was disappointed he didn't. But, maybe Dixon is better than I thought, and it is pre-season nothingness.

If it was the season proper and if Hamling was dominant in the wafl that could be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things may change based on intraclub stuff they do over the coming days but I reckon it is going to be hard for anyone to break into the 22 who didn't play in the pre-season game except Fyfe.

My guess for Round 1 (based on the 26 listed for the last game v WC)...

In: Fyfe
Out: Brodie/Crowden, Wilson, Banfield, Meek, Hughes

Fyfe not ready for round 1, but round 2? Silliness. He can play round 1 and slowly get into form. One week isn’t going to change any significant. If anything, it’s round 3 or 4 if the club are cautious

Ryan Pearce Logue
Young Cox Clarke
Acres fyfe Henry
Freddy tabs mundy
Walters lobb Schultz

Darcy serong brayshaw

Brodie, Aish, Chapman, switta

Sub: Crowden

That would be my guess.

Ryan Pearce Hamling
Logue Cox Clarke
Acres fyfe Chapman
Freddy tabs mundy
Walters lobb Schultz

Darcy serong brayshaw

Brodie, Aish, Young, switta

Ryan Pearce Logue
Young Cox Clarke
Acres fyfe Henry
Freddy tabs mundy
Walters lobb Schultz

Darcy serong brayshaw

Brodie, Aish, Chapman, switta

That would be my guess.
The Mod Team invites you to Lake Laogai

Last edited:
Ryan Pearce Hamling
Logue Cox Clarke
Acres fyfe Chapman
Freddy tabs mundy
Walters lobb Schultz

Darcy serong brayshaw

Brodie, Aish, Young, switta

The Mod Team invites you to Lake Laogai

Last edited:
I really want to see Fyfe and Tucker fit for this, would mean we're putting IMO our best possible team on the park Round 1.

Ryan, Pearce, Logue
Young, Cox, Clark
Tucker, Fyfe, Henry
Freddy, Lobb, Switta
Walters, Tabs, Schultz

Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong

Colyer, Chapman, Brodie, Mundy

How do you even find space for Walker, Treacy, Sturt, and Aish who all could be considered equally worthy best 22.

Great to know we have the depth to immediately cover any injuries. Peel should be just about winning the premiership this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 1: Changes Vs Adelaide Crows + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back