Round 1 Faceoff - Crows vs Fremantle, 5:10PM local time at Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Astonishing that a Fremantle supporter can be so confident in their own team - a team that has gotten nowhere near a premiership in their history and has been the laughing stock of the AFL since their inception.

Never heard that one before

It's going to be a difficult game for us with all these injuries , but that's the thing - if each clubs best 22 did battle , Adelaide would triumph quite easily. However with 7 of Adelaide's best 22 missing , it's certainly in the balance which is probably a bit disappointing for Fremantle considering they have a full squad to pick from.

No we don't. Not far off, but we are still missing Rhys Palmer who we hope to get back in a couple of weeks. And a couple of less important types.

Should be a tight match , could go either way but I think our injuries will catch up with us and Fremantle should capitalise. If they don't , well , may god have mercy on their souls.

Agreed. Most Freo fans would think we are underdogs even with the outs Adelaide have. Hopefully you might learn a few new Freo players' names this week.

Astonishing that a Fremantle supporter can be so confident in their own team - a team that has gotten nowhere near a premiership in their history and has been the laughing stock of the AFL since their inception.

It's going to be a difficult game for us with all these injuries , but that's the thing - if each clubs best 22 did battle , Adelaide would triumph quite easily. However with 7 of Adelaide's best 22 missing , it's certainly in the balance which is probably a bit disappointing for Fremantle considering they have a full squad to pick from.

Seems like the only thing you've learned since joing BF is how to bleat like a sheep. Try using you're own views for a change instead of playing safe and regurgitating the flog's line. You'd also do well to take time to get to know a team before you sledge it. Fremantle will be without their best backman (Grover), most promising midfielder (Palmer - last year's Rising Star), best run-with player (De Boer) and a very exciting young forward prospect (Ruffles). All are unavailable through injury and all would probably have played if available.

So Adelaide can't have it both ways, but Freo can outclass Adelaide in both departments?

The logic intrigues me.

Yep according to him, Freo are bigger bodied, faster, stronger and have bigger tanks then us :eek:

Perhaps in my haste to finish up and head for a beer I didn't explain appropriately that although Adelaide may be bigger bodied, Fremantle outclass them in both speed and endurance, and will shred your boys on Subiaco oval.

Btw, the "woe is us we've got all these injuries" line won't wash when I'm over here buying beers after the win.

Fremantle will be without their....

best backman (Grover)
Dont you mean Tarrant
, most promising midfielder (Palmer - last year's Rising Star)
Dont you mean Hill/Rich (Brisbane)
, best run-with player (De Boer)
Dont you mean van Berlo
and a very exciting young forward prospect (Ruffles)
Dont you mean Ballytyne
. All are unavailable through injury and all would probably have played if available.

PS. I don't know if they're playing or not, but I just have to correct you about your own team

please go hide on the Fremantle/West Coast Bay 13 threads, where anyone with half a brain can avoid you :)

bye bye

PPS. Other Freo fans can stay because you're not idiotic

Dont you mean Tarrant

No. While Tarrant has been a revelation in the back line thanks to Harvey's vision, Grover is still considered to be Fremantle's most influential backman.

Dont you mean Hill/Rich (Brisbane)

No. Hill would play Wing or Half Forward. Rich plays for Brisbane and therefore cannot be a Fremantle midfielder.

Dont you mean van Berlo

No. JvB will be the better of the two van Berlos, but at this point in his development DeBoer would get picked ahead of him

Dont you mean Ballytyne

Its Ballantyne, and while he is indeed an exciting young forward, Ruffles is also one. There are several others but I'm sure you'll know about them by Sunday night. ;)

To fellow Dockers, why even bother? Save this shit for after our victory :thumbsu:

Good advice. I'll be back to buy the beers.

No. While Tarrant has been a revelation in the back line thanks to Harvey's vision, Grover is still considered to be Fremantle's most influential backman.

No. Hill would play Wing or Half Forward. Rich plays for Brisbane and therefore cannot be a Fremantle midfielder.

No. JvB will be the better of the two van Berlos, but at this point in his development DeBoer would get picked ahead of him

Its Ballantyne, and while he is indeed an exciting young forward, Ruffles is also one. There are several others but I'm sure you'll know about them by Sunday night. ;)

Good advice. I'll be back to buy the beers.

Just to clarify for Riggy, he was pointing out that last year's winner of the Rising Star was Daniel Rich of Brisbane, not Rhys Palmer as you originally and incorrectly stated. He then went on to suggest that Stephen Hill is your most promising young midfielder, and on that I agree. Palmer needs to straighten up his disposal first. You might want to brush up on the modern game, because the wing is a part of the midfield these days - the position really doesn't exist anymore in anything other than teamsheets for the public.

There's as little to suggest Jay will be better than Nathan as there is to suggest he won't. Pure one eyed supposition to suggest otherwise.

Grover has always been an ok to good defender, but not a great one. He's certainly been surpassed by Tarrant as a stopper, and he's always been behind Roger Hayden, and if you really want to swing that way Paul Duffield, when going forward. If anything, I struggle to see Grover being anything other than the third tall defender, unless the form of McPharlin stops sliding as it has seemed to since he collected Scott Stevens early last year.

I would have suggested Chris Mayne ahead of Tim Ruffles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best 22, when in form, can beat any side in the AFL at Subiaco.

You have just summed up why your club has never even come close to winning a flag. And while the above remains true, it never will.

How often do teams really get their best 22 out, all in form on their home turf?

It's like saying, if I was Tiger Woods and it was a bright sunny day with no breeze, I might be able to get a hole in one as long as it's on my own personal golf course.

Good luck with that, computer says no.

You can't have it both ways. Either Adelaide have bigger bodies, in which case they will be unable to sustain the pace required, or they have speed and endurance. I think they may be outclassed in both departments.

Dude, are you serious.

Yeah . . . really serious?

I hope you enjoy watching the game Sunday mate, and see how muscle can be combined with athletic skills. You will learn a lot, believe me matey.

We do have the best in the business when it comes to 'conditioning' after all.

Fremantle will be without their best backman (Grover), most promising midfielder (Palmer - last year's Rising Star), best run-with player (De Boer) and a very exciting young forward prospect (Ruffles).

I'll generously give you 3 of the 4 players you've mentioned above. Ruffles? While he is a young talent, he's yet to prove he's in your best team so if we're using those types of players then another injured one for us is Sam Shaw :thumbsu:

All are unavailable through injury and all would probably have played if available.

Probably? :D

Of our players missing 7 would definitely make our best 22 and 2 would be fighting for spots. However it could be argued that NINE of our best 22 will not be playing on Sunday in Johncock , Burton , Porplyzia , Otten , Moran , Knights , Symes , Martin and Sellar. Put on top of that McLeod , van Berlo and Vince have all had interrupted pre-seasons ( van Berlo especially ) and it's pretty gloomy for us.

Adelaide by 74,000 points.

Is that even possible? ;)

It'll be an interesting match I think.

Either Adelaide, who if they can get their well drilled gameplan going, will slowly choke us to death and we probably won't be in it. (I'm thinking this probably wont happen)

or

This game is going to be a tightly fought contest with both teams having alot of space to move. We'll see end to end football with players being left open because defensive running will be thrown out the window as It is hard to defend on such an open ground. Alot of players chasing tail and the result will be a close one.

In the end like most games of Football it will be won or lost in the middle. Yes Sandilands is a man mountain who not only wins taps but wins his own bowl at ground level. But it's the midfielders around him (for both sides) that will decide this match.

My heart says Fremantle but I can't see us getting past Adelaide. I think the later of the above will happen and we will see a tight contest but Adelaide should get up in the end.

Here's to no injuries and a good game of football! :footy:

Freo are the most embarrassing football club in the competition, if it didn't have idiotic one eyed supporters I would feel sorry for it.

Let me give you an outsiders perspective; every outsider that I know thinks you're club is s#@!. How about you earn some respect before coming on here talking about how good you are.

Of our players missing 7 would definitely make our best 22 and 2 would be fighting for spots. However it could be argued that NINE of our best 22 will not be playing on Sunday in Johncock , Burton , Porplyzia , Otten , Moran , Knights , Symes , Martin and Sellar. Put on top of that McLeod , van Berlo and Vince have all had interrupted pre-seasons ( van Berlo especially ) and it's pretty gloomy for us.
Stretching it just a little bit. Moran & Sellar are fighting for one position and if Griffin ever pulls his finger out then it's entirely possible that neither of them would be in our best 22. Martin has played just 1 game and is definitely NOT best 22 yet. Symes position in the best 22 is highly debatable, but at least he's reasonably close.

Seems like the only thing you've learned since joing BF is how to bleat like a sheep. Try using you're own views for a change instead of playing safe and regurgitating the flog's line. You'd also do well to take time to get to know a team before you sledge it. Fremantle will be without their best backman (Grover), most promising midfielder (Palmer - last year's Rising Star), best run-with player (De Boer) and a very exciting young forward prospect (Ruffles). All are unavailable through injury and all would probably have played if available.
Who is using the injury excuse now?:rolleyes: And Ruffles, please, the guy has played what 2 or 3 games? If Grover is your best backman too, then there is no wonder why Freo struggle each year, a solid trier at best. I fear Mcpharlin a hell of a lot more than Grover in terms of defensive ability and rebound. And then you mention 'I can't kick more than 30m and always turn it over by foot' Palmer.:eek: Ah Freo supporters, they are good for some humour.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Faceoff - Crows vs Fremantle, 5:10PM local time at Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Back