Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a gander at the Bears forum re: this game, we are doomed according to them, very funny read! Gee interstate clubs especially "boutique clubs in non AFL states" know SFA about the game and lack respect.
The little bit of knowledge we have collected over the years is that early season night games in the wet at the Gabba are not showcases and are decided as much by effort and luck as they are skill and game plan. Feel free to drop by our game-day thread anytime to offer constructive comments and you will enjoy some of that mutual respect. May both teams show something and avoid serious injury.

Have been a bit pessimsitic but I'm hoping this weeks news will fire us up.....not to mention inject some youth that otherwise may not have got a game yet. Pies by 15

Hope not, we are in enough trouble with Thomas and Keffee.

I'd love for us to win and will be barracking hard but can't see us pulling this off unfortunately. Hope your change of mind is a lot more accurate than my feeling.

It's alright, the poster just retracted a rumour of 2 more Collingwood players testing positive. Apparently he misheard and it related to a StKilda and a Carlton player. I nearly had heart failure!

That rumour is almost as old as the Keeffe/Thomas story itself. The Carlton player is their flatmate (also a Qlder). Put two and two together and name StKildas most notorious Qlder.

Hope not, we are in enough trouble with Thomas and Keffee.

I'd love for us to win and will be barracking hard but can't see us pulling this off unfortunately. Hope your change of mind is a lot more accurate than my feeling.

Keeffe wasnt going to get selected anyway so when I say inject some youth its really only one extra player.

Hi all magpie supporters.

can I preface any post that I may make by saying just a few things about blogs in general...here goes and maybe some will wake up..

1 Being "realistic" does not necessarily equate to being "negative" If all you want are positive posts at all times then seek help as you may be suffering from a polyanna syndrome of some sort.
2 Just because you only post occasionally does not make anyone a TROLL. what the F..K is a troll anyway? Who made up that imbecilic term? Like a bunch of girls in a playground really the way some carry on...
3 Wtf is a hater? Is this some new term for anyone who is not agreeing with you? Or are you feeling bullied?

Ok...now that we have that out of they way

Bill Parcells who coached New York Giants and other successful franchises has a lot to say about sport in general

1 You are what the scoreboard says you are.......we are not a top 8 side as we finished outside the 8 last year.
2 If they don't bite as pups they most probably wont bite ever....means that if you don't see "something" early...it isn't there...
3 If you have durability issues and cannot get on the park it is just as useful to you as a packet of chips...zero

What is the expectation for this year? Mine is improvement only...means back in the 8. Anything less is a fail in my book.
Can we do it? YES...I like the kids...but all teams have good kids they like
Do I see good coaching? NO...poor game plan and long term issues that are not rectified.

Prognosis: You are what the scoreboard says you are and don't cloud it. If we don't make 8....you make decisions

V Brisbane? Yes we can win. But the coaching must improve ie Cloke triple teamed. Poor kicking from defence, slow movement in the spine, poor team selections, lack of cohesion
it may be growing pains but this is year 4 and no more excuses.

I will always love my pies but I am realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this one earlier in this thread, still sticking with it;

B: Williams,Brown, Sinclair
HB: Goldsack, Frost, Langdon
C: Sidebottom, Crisp, Varcoe
HF: Swan, White, Fasolo
F: Grundy, Cloke, Elliott
Foll: Witts, Pendlebury, Adams
Int: Kennedy, Broomhead, Toovey, Blair

Love your review Matt. U know your stuff!

Just a quick points on your team:

Goldsack in defence? I actually like and wish he played there. He is not damaging as a forward but creates good pressure. He has played and trained as a forward all pre season so no way bucks will play him back.

I would also play karnezis ahead of Kennedy. He is not up to afl level yet and his disposal is atrocious..

What is the expectation for this year? Mine is improvement only...means back in the 8. Anything less is a fail in my book.

Honestly, when you say this, do you think that we're playing this sport in a vacuum?

Do you think there aren't clubs around our mark who aren't on the rise, or clubs in the 8 from last year who are automatically going to fall out?

I'd love to hear your rationale behind who we're going to knock out of the 8 and why, but also why we're going to beat out the other clubs in the 9-13 range.

We aren't top 8 material, not with the lack of games in our best 22. We've got a shit load to be optimistic about, but we aren't top 8 and saying "anything else is a fail" is narrow sighted and obtuse.

Love your review Matt. U know your stuff!

Just a quick points on your team:

Goldsack in defence? I actually like and wish he played there. He is not damaging as a forward but creates good pressure. He has played and trained as a forward all pre season so no way bucks will play him back.

I would also play karnezis ahead of Kennedy. He is not up to afl level yet and his disposal is atrocious..
The Goldsack in defense is more of a "want" then an expectation.

I hate, no wait, I despise playing 2 defensive forwards in Blair and Goldsack who to put it simply don't kick goals. One defensive forward who doesn't kick goals I could stand, 2, no way. So I'm hoping Goldy is actually played in his best position, which is half back.

As for Karnezis or Kennedy, I wouldn't argue with either, but Kennedy will add more midfield depth which may be more important this week against Brisbane's strength, their midfield.

The Goldsack in defense is more of a "want" then an expectation.

I hate, no wait, I despise playing 2 defensive forwards in Blair and Goldsack who to put it simply don't kick goals. One defensive forward who doesn't kick goals I could stand, 2, no way. So I'm hoping Goldy is actually played in his best position, which is half back.

As for Karnezis or Kennedy, I wouldn't argue with either, but Kennedy will add more midfield depth which may be more important this week against Brisbane's strength, their midfield.

Yep I just wish Buckley saw it like you do. Goldsack is a defender and he should play there.

Fasolo is a forward and thank god he is back there

Karnezis can also go through the midfield. Although he isn't an inside mid like Kennedy is..

I just don't rate Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back