Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should win this and win this well. Brisbane have a nice midfield, but over the whole ground we should have them covered, especially if Robinson plays.

Well the rain has already started in Brisbane.

I think the rain favours us. It will bring make it harder for Brisbane to run and gun with their small, fast midfield. Plus we couldn't possibly kick any worse and are used to missing targets so it shouldn't effect our play style in that regard.

What we really need to maximise is our bigger bodies and experience. Guys like Goldsack, Adams, Williams, Fasolo, Blair, Sidebottom can all have a day out against the younger Lions if they push the physical side early and we out muscle them at the contest.

The Gabba drains pretty well but last night we had about 20 mls of rain (according to my rain gauge) so its going to have pools of water as the rain hasn't really stopped.

Not sure rain helps us any more than Lions. One advantage Lions have is their quick small forwards. Rain will reduce impact of talls and bring in their small forwards.

Why is Oxley not rated to start this week? He's as good a chance as a smokey to line up round 1 isn't he?

I'd like to see some strong bodies if it's wet. Maybe PK and a few guys who can wion the ground ball like DeGoey and Freeman.
Would have to be upgraded from the rookie list wouldn't he?

Would have to be upgraded from the rookie list wouldn't he?
I thought he was main listed? It's a pity we can't place JT and Keefe on the LTI or something similar until we get notification they can play. Surely we can replace them on our list with another player eligible to play if the Bombers were allowed to utilise top up players.

I thought he was main listed? It's a pity we can't place JT and Keefe on the LTI or something similar until we get notification they can play. Surely we can replace them on our list with another player eligible to play if the Bombers were allowed to utilise top up players.
Going by the website I reckon you might be right. If reid is not playing and with keefe out. I would say he would be a lock for our team on the weekend.

We should win this and win this well. Brisbane have a nice midfield, but over the whole ground we should have them covered, especially if Robinson plays.

I'm predicting a 6 goal loss.

After the week we have had to go up there and play well is going to be a major task. I'll back our boys but they are going to have to play out of their skins!

Would love Karnezis to play and steal the show booting like 7 goals or something. Pants would tighten. Tighten very much. Would need to throw Joey's thanksgiving pants on.

My team is

Toovey. Brown. Williams

Langdon. Frost. Sinclair

Varcoe swan. Sidebottom

Fasolo. Cloke. Karnezis.

Elliot. White. Goldsack

foll. Grundy. Pendles. Adams

Inter: Witts crisp. De goey broomhead

Unlucky. Dwyer. Kennedy. Freeman. Moore. Ramsay. Seedsman. Gault Blair

Injured maccAffer sharenberg young greenwood reid
I think Kennedy deserves a spot in the 22. The conditions are ideal for the player he is. He's hard at the ball and chases every contest, if it's as wet as it's forecast to be...

OUT: Witts

IN: Kennedy

If you have a gander at the Bears forum re: this game, we are doomed according to them, very funny read! Gee interstate clubs especially "boutique clubs in non AFL states" know SFA about the game and lack respect.

If you have a gander at the Bears forum re: this game, we are doomed according to them, very funny read! Gee interstate clubs especially "boutique clubs in non AFL states" know SFA about the game and lack respect.

If you read our forum you will get the same opinion. So I don't think we can be too critical of their thread.

If you read our forum you will get the same opinion. So I don't think we can be too critical of their thread.
Not so sure about that, most on here think we will lose. I would say that is pretty realistically pessimistic.
No me though, win by 20 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your predicted lineup Matty?
Posted this one earlier in this thread, still sticking with it;

B: Williams,Brown, Sinclair
HB: Goldsack, Frost, Langdon
C: Sidebottom, Crisp, Varcoe
HF: Swan, White, Fasolo
F: Grundy, Cloke, Elliott
Foll: Witts, Pendlebury, Adams
Int: Kennedy, Broomhead, Toovey, Blair

I think Kennedy deserves a spot in the 22. The conditions are ideal for the player he is. He's hard at the ball and chases every contest, if it's as wet as it's forecast to be...

OUT: Witts

IN: Kennedy
Witts would be key around stoppages in the wet. There will be a hell of a lot if we can hold in it.

If Brions play both Leuey and Martin I think Witts needs to play also.

Probably right, especially after Minson treated Grundy like a rag doll last week. It will be horses for courses during the season between Grundy/Witts and White/Gault as to which three (or two) get a game. You wont see all four of them on the park much, if at all.

I live on the Gold Coast but won't be heading to the gabba, two reasons....
The first is I find the gabba is terrible to watch football at, really think it lacks atmosphere
And secondly, the Bears supporters are unbearable. They still carry on like its 2002.
Really hope we can smash them on Saturday night to put them back in their box

Probably right, especially after Minson treated Grundy like a rag doll last week. It will be horses for courses during the season between Grundy/Witts and White/Gault as to which three (or two) get a game. You wont see all four of them on the park much, if at all.
At the present rate of progress they may wind up being all we've got left assuming there's any veracity to latest rumours.

pies to win against the odds Cloke kicks 7 White 5 and Elliot 4. Witts 3 and DeGoey 3 .Suddenly the comp talking about our revival.
Goey Pies!!!!!
We will be lucky to kick 12 goals, let alone 22.... Rain is predicted for brisbane on Saturday.
Would be nice if we did though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back