Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't seemed to make any news today as far as I can see but thought it was pretty ordinary for Beams to be questioning Crisp only getting a $5K fine for his betting charge. Seems to reckon he should have got more. Put 5K???. Is there any bad blood between the 2 because of the player deal. Seems pretty harsh for Beams to be going at a youngster like Crisp.

Hasn't seemed to make any news today as far as I can see but thought it was pretty ordinary for Beams to be questioning Crisp only getting a $5K fine for his betting charge. Seems to reckon he should have got more. Put 5K???. Is there any bad blood between the 2 because of the player deal. Seems pretty harsh for Beams to be going at a youngster like Crisp.

I think it was a back handed comment to the AFL, with his mate heater at the back of his mind.

Beamers just playing mind games GC...that's what the Lions are famous for lately. I hope it all backfires for them up there and that Crispy and Karnesis have great games for the pies.

Beamers just playing mind games GC...that's what the Lions are famous for lately. I hope it all backfires for them up there and that Crispy and Karnesis have great games for the pies.

PK to Kick 10 Goals and Crisp to tag Beams and make him his Bitch

If Rich plays back we need to negate his influence

Its most likely that Claye Beams and Daniel Rich play at half back. Both are damaging kicks but being previously midfielders, we can expose them defensively. We need to play guys like Fasolo and Karnezis on them to make them defend.

Its most likely that Claye Beams and Daniel Rich play at half back. Both are damaging kicks but being previously midfielders, we can expose them defensively. We need to play guys like Fasolo and Karnezis on them to make them defend.
Time for Fasolo to step up IMO. For us to win we need to expose their backline. Cloke, White, Elliot need 8 between them.

Think the good Dane will kick four and we win by 2 points in a good wet game

there backline and forwards don't look to dangerous at all to me we could have a advantage in those areas there midfield is impressive
what to do with beams don't like the idea of adams on him yeah hes hard at it and gives 100% but he sprays it to much
maybe go head to head with pendlebury
whoever tags beams is going to get at least 30 touches he does not man up just like teams did when he played for us still remember that west coast game beams had a heap but priddis killed us

there backline and forwards don't look to dangerous at all to me we could have a advantage in those areas there midfield is impressive
what to do with beams don't like the idea of adams on him yeah hes hard at it and gives 100% but he sprays it to much
maybe go head to head with pendlebury
whoever tags beams is going to get at least 30 touches he does not man up just like teams did when he played for us still remember that west coast game beams had a heap but priddis killed us

I think the obvious answer is Swan. If Priddis killed him just imagine what damage Swan will do.

My team is

Toovey. Brown. Williams

Langdon. Frost. Sinclair

Varcoe swan. Sidebottom

Fasolo. Cloke. Karnezis.

Elliot. White. Goldsack

foll. Grundy. Pendles. Adams

Inter: Witts crisp. De goey broomhead

Unlucky. Dwyer. Kennedy. Freeman. Moore. Ramsay. Seedsman. Gault Blair

Injured maccAffer sharenberg young greenwood reid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks - Pitty, I think they look good.
Well just to add some balance, I recently bought a grand cherokee and I love it. Great build quality and a feeling of rock solidness. Having only had it for a short time I guess I can't speak for longevity etc but I know plenty of people through forums who wouldn't touch any other 4WD.

Can't play both Adams and Sinclair in same team. One shocking kick is enough.

Williams and Toovey don't help either.
I was one of Sinclairs biggest critics but during the pre season his kicking seems to have improved? Maybe fluke but hopefully not!

LOL Beams questioning a player about betting. Maybe the AFL should look at the Fairfield TAB cameras and see how often he was there and what he was betting on.

Dead set clown!

Well just to add some balance, I recently bought a grand cherokee and I love it. Great build quality and a feeling of rock solidness. Having only had it for a short time I guess I can't speak for longevity etc but I know plenty of people through forums who wouldn't touch any other 4WD.
Interesting - The reason I also liked them was they were voted best Best 4WD of the year I think 2014 - Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk

Well the rain has already started in Brisbane.

I think the rain favours us. It will bring make it harder for Brisbane to run and gun with their small, fast midfield. Plus we couldn't possibly kick any worse and are used to missing targets so it shouldn't effect our play style in that regard.

What we really need to maximise is our bigger bodies and experience. Guys like Goldsack, Adams, Williams, Fasolo, Blair, Sidebottom can all have a day out against the younger Lions if they push the physical side early and we out muscle them at the contest.

The Gabba drains pretty well but last night we had about 20 mls of rain (according to my rain gauge) so its going to have pools of water as the rain hasn't really stopped.

Interesting - The reason I also liked them was they were voted best Best 4WD of the year I think 2014 - Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
I'm sure everyone has their preferences based on their own reasons but I personally can't find anything bad to say. To be fair, I have had bad experiences with various makes and models over the years but I know plenty of people who have had good experiences with those same makes and models. Cars are difficult to judge though because lots of people tend to defend whatever it is they happen to drive and often for no particularly good reason. In the end, you can only do a bit of research and read some reviews. If you then test drive it and like it I can't see why you would worry about individual opinions.

It'll be an interesting match to see the midfield battle(which I expect Brisbane to get the better of) hopefully DeGoey gets a game and some of the kids can step up.

Neither side have a great forward or backline, let's hope we can keep it close.

Bucketing up here today gang, and it's forecast to do so for the next few days. Even if it clears by Saturday night, it will be heavy underfoot and potentially humid and slippery.

It will be a hard slog and an ugly spectacle I think.
Awesome, we do ugly better then anyone else.:)

We need Reid, if he doesn't play we will get smashed down back.

Reid won't play, you know that. Frost has shown he is a capable defender, as has Brown. It will also likely wet. No reason why we should get smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back