FB: O'Brien - Presti - L.Brown
HB: Shaw - N.Brown - Maxwell
C: Thomas - Pendlebury - Rusty
HF: Didak - Cloke - Davis
FF: Dick - Anthony - MacAffer
FOLL: Jolly - Ball - Swan
INT: Lockyer - Beams - Reid - Medhurst
EMER: Buckley, Fraser, O'Bree

Unclucky: Toovey (I really think he will be in and out of the side, too much depth in the wings in waiting), Fraser, Obree, Buckley, Dawes, Rusling, JMAC & Wood

MacAffer will explode onto the scene next year (if he hasnt already)
If he is Eligible to win the NAB rising star award i think he will push Scully and Martin

Also look out for Ben Reid to cement his spot in our back line. He looked great at VFL level coming out of defence and his disposal has gone through the roof.

FB: O'Brien - Presti - L.Brown
HB: Shaw - N.Brown - Maxwell
C: Thomas - Pendlebury - Rusty
HF: Didak - Cloke - Davis
FF: Dick - Anthony - MacAffer
FOLL: Jolly - Ball - Swan
INT: Lockyer - Beams - Reid - Medhurst
EMER: Buckley, Fraser, O'Bree

Unclucky: Toovey (I really think he will be in and out of the side, too much depth in the wings in waiting), Fraser, Obree, Buckley, Dawes, Rusling, JMAC & Wood

MacAffer will explode onto the scene next year (if he hasnt already)
If he is Eligible to win the NAB rising star award i think he will push Scully and Martin

Also look out for Ben Reid to cement his spot in our back line. He looked great at VFL level coming out of defence and his disposal has gone through the roof.

Yes I'd say all those players are very unclucky to be bested by Leigh Brown.

It's really hard to pick our best 22 we just seem to have so much depth now. At the moment i'm thinking something like this:

FB: -------Toovey------Presti-------O'Brien------
HB: --------Shaw------Brown-------Buckley-----
-----------------------Maxwell------------------

C: --------Swan--------Rusty-------Davis-------
Fol: -------Jolly---------Ball--------Pendles-----

HF: -------Didak-------Cloke-------Macaffer----
FF: -------------Anthony----Medhurst---------

Int: Fraser/Wood, Thomas, Beams, O'Bree

Em: Dick, Lockyer, McCarthy

Others: Reid, Wellingham, Goldsack, Blight, Rusling, Dawes, Johnson

I think our backline is pretty settled. If Brown gets back to his best form that'll be the icing. I added Buckley as I think it would really help out Shaw and give us some drive off the HBF which we lacked at times last season. TBH McCarthy and Dick where pretty close to taking one of Buckleys and O'Brees positions.

McCarthy i'd really like to see get a bit of gametime even though I don't have him in the 22 would love to see him trialled as a tagger as that is one area of the team we still havn't addressed.

Would like to see Wood and Fraser rotated and Frasers injuries managed carefully - can see them playing 50-50 games this year.

Lockyer also very stiff and i'm sure will play plenty this season but for me is a casuality of our new depth.

Draft done and dusted, barring injury who do you think will grace ES against the Doggies.

I would like to see.

B. Harry Obrien Presti Goldsack
HB. Heater Maxwell Lockyer
C. Thomas Beams Pendles
HF. Didak Cloke Fraser
F. Davis Anthony Rusling
Fol. Jolly Ball Swan

Int. Wood Medhurst Sidebottom Toovey

EMG. Buckley, Dawes, Obree

Thoughts?

I need Brown in there somewhere........Where?

I think that forward line is far to top heavy with four talls and only two smalls. Forward line defensive pressure is just as important as scoring ability these days and that set up would get smashed on the rebound.
I also think Pendles has to play at the stoppages. Great clearance player.
Apart from that good effort.

I'd like to see:

B: O'Brien Presti Shaw
HB: Sidebottom Reid Maxwell
C: Thomas Swan Davis
HF: Didak Cloke Dick
F: Medhurst Anthony Beams
R: Jolly Ball Pendlebury
I: Fraser N.Brown Lockyer Wellingham

Plenty unlucky to miss out but that's the sign of a good side.
The 2's will be a very tough outfit to beat this year:

B: Buckley Goldsack Toovey
HB: Barham L.Brown Blight
C: Blair O'Bree Rounds
HF: MaCaffer Dawes Johnson
F: Thomas Rusling Corrie
R: Wood McCarthy Cook
I: Keefe Reed Sinclair

Geez there's a lot of AFL experience and AFL potential there. 14 players out of 21 with AFL experience and not just a game or two!
I hope the boys keep it together this season and that there's not too many dummy spits cause there's going to be a fair few unhappy fellas.

a lot of last season especially getting towards the end of the year o'bree was also taking an inside tagging role? wont this allow ball and o'bree to play alongside each other?

i dont think we are in a position just yet to lose obree, but make mistake im looking forward to the day sidebottom beams & j thomas demand to be starting games in the centre square.

B. Harry Obrien Presti Toovs
HB. Shaw Maxwell Lockyer
C. Thomas Beams Pendles
HF. Didak Cloke Fraser
F. Davis Anthony Dick
Fol. Jolly Ball Swan

Int. Wood Medhurst Sidebottom Obree

EMG. Buckley, Ried, Goldsack

Maxwell - Presti - O'Brien
Shaw - Toovey - Goldsack
Swan - Pendlebury - Thomas
Didak - Cloke - Lockyer
Dick - Anthony - Medhurst
Jolly - O'Bree - Davis

INT: Ball - Macaffer - Beams - Fraser

I imagine it'll look something like this, given we're playing the Dogs Rd 1 so mid-sized defenders is the go.

My personal preference would be to bring in Sidebottom for O'Bree and Wood for Fraser, but I can't see either happening. J-Mac and Reid the other two who should really push for selection come round one.

Johnson makes it in purely as a tagger.

When your opponent is routinely BOG, you lose the right to be referred to as a tagger. Johnson last season was as much of a tagger as Marc Murphy.

Well obviously it is a typo, I meant Presti's 2009 season.

You might be able to recall that season, as it was the year he made the initial 40 man All Australian squad, came ninth in the Copeland and held Jonathan Brown, Matthew Lloyd and a swag of other threatening forwards.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/tabid/5586/default.aspx?newsid=84213

O'Bree was by far our number 1 tackler in 2009, and without a decent ruckman you can just imagine how many more clearances we would have given to the opposition without him. Which is exactly why we drafted who we drafted, if the point needed to be hammered home even more.

Of course, his kicking is nothing special but all the same people gloating over Ball have to realise we drafted him for the same reason we currently have O'Bree, in and under clearances, tackles and handballs. With both of them rotating through the bench together, 2010 will be exciting.

Relagating O'Bree to the emergencies would destroy our whole structure.

Presti didn't hold Brown or Reivwoldt or Buddy, he held Lloyd but so did half the fullbacks and he also has great cover from our other defenders.
We need to be phasing him out over the year and be putting game time into N.Brown and Reid, IMO Presti should only play 60% of the year unless 1 of the other 2 flop or are injured.

As for O'bree his negatives undo all his good work and it's time for him to step a side. We have upgrades on him now and consistantly poor kicking/decision making should not be tolerated at AFL level, same goes for L.Brown, B.Johnson, Toovey and Barham (Gee we have a lot of poor disposers of the footy).

All players lifted above should be depth players/cover for injuries or poor form.

Presti held brown and also played on franklin with broken ribs (id like to see anyone do anything with broken ribs let alone play on franklin)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes i know, i just thought that MM will definitely play him next year if un-injured probably all 22 games plus finals so thought i may as well just put him in.

That is why i put a team I'd like to see, not the team that will run out we all know Mick has his favorites and they get games despite form.

Johnson, O'bree, Toovey, L.Brown, Presti and Lockyer were all left out of my 22 but I fully expect to see ALL of them to play round 1.

On Presti he still can hold down FB but I think Reid will offer extra rebound and also match up on the taller FF like Reivwoldt and Buddy who Presti traditionally struggles against.

Presti held brown and also played on franklin with broken ribs (id like to see anyone do anything with broken ribs let alone play on franklin)

Held him what Goal less?

or manned him as did Leigh Brown?

So you both think Presti shouldn't be phased out over the year for a taller, quicker and more offensive upgrade in Reid? or at least expose Reid to the level?

Held him what Goal less?

or manned him as did Leigh Brown?

So you both think Presti shouldn't be phased out over the year for a taller, quicker and more offensive upgrade in Reid? or at least expose Reid to the level?
You watch the first game versus brisbane?

he held him goal less or kept him to 1 after being moved onto him from bradshaw

You watch the first game versus brisbane?

he held him goal less or kept him to 1 after being moved onto him from bradshaw

Towards the end of the year he was less effective, I'm not saying he is bad so people need to not get all defensive fact is he is ageing and should be used in a similar way to Wakelin in his final 2 years.

You didn't answer the other question RE: Reid.

As I said I'd like to see Prestiu play 60% of the season with Reid.

I was correct in the other part traditionally presti struggles with the Franklin / Reivwoldts, and Reid has the attributes to match them.

Towards the end of the year he was less effective, I'm not saying he is bad so people nbeed to not get all defensive fact is he is aging and should be used in a similar way to Wakelin in his final 2 years.

You didn't answer the other question RE: Reid.

As I said I'd like to see Prestiu play 60% of the season with Reid.

I was correct in the other part traditionally presti struggles with the Franklin / Reivwoldts, and Reid has the attributes to match them.
Reid replaces leigh brown or nathan brown our two CHB this season

Doesnt have anything to do with replacing presti at full back, nate brown is waiting for presti to pass the torch

Reid replaces leigh brown or nathan brown our two CHB this season

Doesnt have anything to do with replacing presti at full back, nate brown is waiting for presti to pass the torch

I think he will be able to play both alternating witrh NBrown depending on match ups.

Either way both Nathan and Ben should be getting game time they are in their 4th season and can't be played in the VFL forever.

Can't wait now for the start of next year. We will have guys pushing in the vfl to get a game and it can only help the senior team get better :D can't wait to watch blight, rounds, blair, josh thomas and sinclair in the vfl and maybe even McCarthy and Wellingham at times. Come on next season start allready :)

here we go this is my ideal team for rd 1
b-shaw presti obrien
hb-maxwell reid johnson
c-didak pendles thomas
hf-davis cloke lockyer
f-fraser anthony medhurst
foll-jolly swan obree
inter- beams sidebottom n.brown ball
emerg-goldsack dick dawes wood

AFL:
B: O'Brien Prestigiacomo Toovey
HB: Maxwell L.Brown Shaw
C: Davis Swan Didak
HF: D.Thomas Cloke Lockyer
F: Medhurst Anthony Dick
FOLL: Jolly Pendlebury Ball
INTER: O'Bree Beams Sidebottom Fraser

VFL:
B: Goldsack N.Brown Sinclair
HB: Blight Reid Buckley
C: Wellingham Barham Rounds
HF: McCarthy Dawes Corrie
F: MacAffer Rusling J.Thomas
FOLL: Wood Johnson Cook
INTER: Reed Keeffe Francis Blair

what i would like to see:

b: shaw preti tooves
hb: Obrian reid maxwell
c: thomas Beams didak
hf: davis cloke medhurst
f: anthony fraser dick
ruck: jolly pendles ball
inter: lockyer sidebottom swan and either johnson and willingham.

nice quick team :)

I don't see why Fraser, Wood and Jolly all shouldn't play in the same team. Fraser should no longer play as a ruckman-his body simply isn't going to manage rucking. He should play as a drifting tall, acting as a link man across the wings, nobody will be able to man him.

My ideal team

B Toovey---Brown---O'Brien

HB Shaw-----Reid-----Maxwell

C Thomas---Pendlebury--Sidebottom

HF Fraser----Cloke----Didak

FF Davis----Anthony--Rusling

F Jolly-----Swan-----Ball

I/C Beams, Wood, Medhurst, Prestigiacomo/Lockyer

Such an impressive line up if you ask me

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Team

Remove this Banner Ad