Toast Round 10 = Collingwood 78-74 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a shout out to Josh D. He was by far the better of the Daicos boys today, regardless of the stats sheet.

Nick had a ton of clangers today, whereas as Josh just worked his arse off and impacted the contest for the entire match. Doesn’t get enough love in here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was watching the last few moments with my eyes shut, so when I heard Gary Lyon say free kick to Adelaide I literally sunk. Bad luck to the Adelaide cheerl…I mean Commentators.

All in all a pretty average performance, however with the amount of injuries we have, I’ll happily take the 4 points. Good to see us in the top 4 mix now.

Last edited:
Did well to hold on. We looked great through the middle most of the game, but lost run late.

Nick was immmense, 40 touches and 14 clearances, set up the winning goal. De Goey a good return and needed at FF after losing Hosk and Reef. Great 100th from the MSD GOAT!

Gotta stop copping injuries every week. Hopefully get Mihocek and McCreery back next week.

Mitchell and McCreery should be back you think. I'm not sure Macrae has the tank for AFL footy. He looks to be labouring deep into games.
The pace of VFL footy compared to AFL footy is stark. Maybe he just needs continuity at AFL level to build that tank.
McInnes and WHE will obviously miss. l think Richards and Sulli stay in the side.

Was watching the last few moments with my eyes shut, so when I heard Gary Lyon says free kick to Adelaide I literally sunk. Bad luck to the Adelaide cheerl…I mean Commentators.

All in all a pretty average performance, however with the amount of injuries we have, I’ll happily take the 4 points. Good to see us in the top 4 mix now.
Bro, I have to pull you up on that. These guys gave everything they had today and left nothing behind, It was a monumental effort, hope you appreciate what took place out there today

Carlton are out of the 8! 😎

giphy.gif

Great win considering the circumstances. We're missing so many forwards, another 2 down after today.

Rankine was immense for Adelaide.

We had two on the bench in the end. Forward line is inexperienced, and very small, plus we have guys playing roles they wouldn't normally.
We have had to be creative on the run, with all our injuries, so full credit to Fly and the coaching staff for navigating the side through this tough patch currently.
In saying that DeGoey returned in beast mode today. I thought he was BOG, followed by Naicos, and Rankine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still find it astonishing that we can beat good sides,and make no mistake Adelaide is a good side,with virtually no forward line.That’s got to be a huge credit to the players and to the coaching staff as well.

For us to be winning games like this, with a put together "2nd string" forward line is quite remarkable. The guys who have come into the side, have all played their roles, beautifully....

It really was a great win considering all the outs we had. Yes, it was tough to watch us give away a 5 goal lead but did we expect anything else? Just good to get the 4 points, that's all that matters right now.

We are currently in 3rd position (live ladder). Things are looking on the up, should start getting some guys back over the next couple of weeks.

Mitchell and McCreery should be back you think. I'm not sure Macrae has the tank for AFL footy. He looks to be labouring deep into games.
The pace of VFL footy compared to AFL footy is stark. Maybe he just needs continuity at AFL level to build that tank.
McInnes and WHE will obviously miss. l think Richards and Sulli stay in the side.
There’s been a lot of labouring late over last two rounds. We have barely been able to rotate due to injuries. This is going to make the WA road trip even tougher this week.

There’s been a lot of labouring late over last two rounds. We have barely been able to rotate due to injuries. This is going to make the WA road trip even tougher this week.
Rotations have been down due to in game injuries. Hopefully we can avoid that next week.

Was watching the last few moments with my eyes shut, so when I heard Gary Lyon says free kick to Adelaide I literally sunk. Bad luck to the Adelaide cheerl…I mean Commentators.

It was a great effort to win in the end. We didn't play our best footy for majority of the game particularly halfway through the 2nd quarter and last quarter, but our guys were running on the spot in that last quarter, because we had only two fit players on the bench.
In the end it was a great win, and the best thing is we are winning games with so many first choice players out....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back