Prediction Round 12, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Minimum 50k crowd
Out: 43k crowd v Melbourne

This went under the radar but where were ya? Beautiful weather that day, team playing well (at home), quality opposition.

Sunday twilight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Minimum 50k crowd
Out: 43k crowd v Melbourne

This went under the radar but where were ya? Beautiful weather that day, team playing well (at home), quality opposition.

I think the appetite for watching us get belted has waned just a smidge over the last 3 years. Given we turned that expectation on it's head we probably would have had a pretty decent crowd this week... but with the weather and the Crows performance I expect it will be similar.

With the injury report now released, Petruccelle is available provided he gets through Thursday training and Witherden is also listed as a test

Flynn, Petruccelle, Trew and Culley are the most likely to press for selection

If the MC believe that one WAFL game is sufficient for Flynn to return then he replaces Jack Williams. Unlucky for Jack but someone tall needs to make way for Flynn either this week or next

Petruccelle replaces Sheed as a half forward/mid rotation

I’d be inclined to rest Witherden with his calf injury then rejig the side with Hunt going back to cover, Ginbey to spend time on Hunt’s wing and bring in Trew as a CBD rotation. Give him a crack in his preferred position whilst he’s in form

Dewar to replace Jones in the forward line

Introduce Culley back to AFL as the sub

I think now's a good time to rest Witherden if there's any doubts. We have players who can play there and it could give a different look for the coaches of what players are capable of by shifting magnets.

If he plays though that's fine by me, they did say they only pulled him off as a precaution.

I'm hoping to see a focus on forward pressure this game, because like usual it has been deplorable.. And there's no way jack darling who is the least agile and most cardio taxed due to his size is laying the most tackles is sustainable.

Saturday's weather is wild.
Mostly cloudy and windy with heavy showers in the afternoon. (3 hours of rain)
Wind gusts of up to 61kmh.
21% probability of thunderstorms.
About 13 mm of rain. (the rain we've just been having is about 8mm)
A classic mud-bath slog fest (even if it is well drained, it won't be pretty)

Saturday's weather is wild.
Mostly cloudy and windy with heavy showers in the afternoon. (3 hours of rain)
Wind gusts of up to 61kmh.
21% probability of thunderstorms.
About 13 mm of rain. (the rain we've just been having is about 8mm)
A classic mud-bath slog fest (even if it is well drained, it won't be pretty)

At least it’s raining this week so we get to train in it a little bit

At least it’s raining this week so we get to train in it a little bit
They did some training even today in the rain so that'll be good.
It's been dry here in Melbourne so hopefully it'll hold us in good stead.

Articles suggesting Flynn is playing.
Injury report has Oscar only 2 weeks away.
Could Hewett be only 3 weeks post bye?
Bringing Culley in now is a must.

Some very interesting changes to the fwd line and midfield rotations are about to begin. Wet Weather footy right on time.

Will do mine this week and expain them over the next month.

First of all Oscar is 2 weeks away. Next week vs Nth Melb [Easy beats at home] could present a good path into team. This is game just as good as a WAFL game.

Ins
Petch, Flynn, Culley, Trew

Out
Rotham > Hunt drops back, Petch Wing.
J Williams > B Williams Fwd
Sheed > Trew
Maric > Because Culley is Fwd Mid + Wet Weather.

Play Dewar a Full Game, J Jones Sub [Wet Weather]

Witherden Barrass Hough
Hunt McGovern Duggan
Petch Kelly Ginbey
Chesser B Williams Cripps
Ryan Waterman Dewar

Flynn Yeo Reid

Interchange
Trew, Culley, Cole, [Darling] On the chopping block for Oscar next week as is B Williams but they might re-instate J Williams to be 2nd Ruck.

Sub JJ

So following week Oscar is either pushing B Williams or J Darling out. We have to figure pretty quickly who is going to be 2nd Ruck/Fwd. J Williams may end up that. They may even opt to bring Archer Reid in 2nd half of the season to see what he has got. I've also said before B Williams will start off as 2nd Ruck but he won't be long. Too many other Fwd/Rucks who will play the Fwd role better. So long as J Waterman is Full Fwd, means Oscar is moving to Centre Half Fwd. If they move J Waterman back out to 3rd or 4th Tall Fwd he may as well leave WCE. He will find himself same as before, his position will be lost to a Mid Fwd Rotational player ie Hewett/Culley.

Last edited:
According to weatherzone the rain isn't coming on Saturday until after 5pm when the game will already be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back