Prediction Round 12, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: lethargy
In: intensity

Simmo's post match interview I thought was good, it usually is.

He mentioned Reid, Ginbey, Chesser, Bailey, Jermaine, Gov, Barrass as players that had good moments. Damning for senior players he didn't mention.

As he said, we looked lethargic from the start, and perhaps we drank our own bathwater after the great win last week.

Crows simply worked harder, and our quarter time pressure rating of POOR indicated we were done for the day, we just didn't turn up.

So throw that game in the bin, not worth over analysing.

2 home games in a row, then the bye, so plenty of time to work out why our intensity doesn't seem to get on the plane.

I don't buy into the 'You shouldn't debut someone as sub'.

What if it is their only chance of their career to be in the best 23 - and they are the 23rd player selected.

Would the player rather play one game as sub and have an opportunity to potentially come on and perform well and press for further selection or not get the opportunity to play a game at all.
It’s because people are still in the mindset of the injury sub when they may not get activated but it still counts as a game played, so the kid may effectively lose their debut.

But it’s changed now and subs are always activated. Kids used to debut all the time as subs before they got rid of it (and brought it back as the injury sub) and no one seemed to care then.

heck it's gonna piss down this weekend. Team selection and balance is going to be one to watch for sure. Do we load up with battering rams for four quarters of scrum action or try to take field position with some outside silk?

heck it's gonna piss down this weekend. Team selection and balance is going to be one to watch for sure. Do we load up with battering rams for four quarters of scrum action or try to take field position with some outside silk?
Set up for a Ross Lyon scrapfest

Winning score could be 60

Can't start like yesterday

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sheed out for Trew - Trew to do the tagging/mid role to keep him busy and around the ball, if we don't play Trew now we never will. Reward a BOG performance in a WAFL win. Get him tangling up Steele, would be a great opportunity for him and Steele isn't too lightning quick or huge for him but will be crucial to the saints playing well.

Maric out for Culley - gives another big body in the middle, know we were equally as tall against the Dees but think Adelaide provided a blueprint of how to work out our tall fwd setup, wouldn't mind shaking it up.

Witherden out for Petch if he's ready - Hunt and JJ to spend more time back, with Yeo an option to rest back as well for balance.

Flynn to have another week building in the WAFL, same for Hall not coming off a game on the weekend.

One of Dewar or Culley to sub - I know the thought is that Dewar isn't ready to run out a full game but I'd like to see him get the chance to start regardless, it must be hard coming on when the games over and slotting in in your first few games. Culley would be a versatile sub, could cover a lot of roles if someone gets injured or just sub off Dewar if it ends up suiting.

I love Maric but I think when our ball movement is off and he's required to just sit under the high kicks going forward he's moved off the ball by older, stronger players (not a surprise or something that has lessened my opinion of him). We're in desperate need of another elite kicker down back and his skillset might suit floating in and intercept marking where he gets to decide how the body contact goes, not the opposition. Wouldn't mind trialling him down back in the WAFL for a game or two, we're ok on tall forwards at AFL level so it's the area we probably have most room to experiment in. Could be a Hurn replacement

Set up for a Ross Lyon scrapfest

Winning score could be 60

Can't start like yesterday

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep its gonna be a shitfight in the mud. Close all game because there are likely to be a total of 10-12 goals kicked all day combined.

Just need to stick the boot into a downed Saints outfit, who hopefully watched us on the weekend and fall into Melbourne's mental trap on the day.

if we don't play Trew now we never will.
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Simmo not particularly drawn into it on 7 tonight.

Claims to not have had much of a chance to review the game (lol!)

• Agreed Flynn would add a bit but Bailey Williams played well.
  • Not drawn on the prospect of dropping Sheed but confirmed he was given a defensive role for the Adelaide game.
  • Focused on the good win by the WAFL team and named Gaff, Trew and Culley (if I remember right) as those who played well.
For what it’s worth, I don’t think Flynn will come in if it’s wet.

• Not drawn on the prospect of dropping Sheed but confirmed he was given a defensive role for the Adelaide game.
  • Focused on the good win by the WAFL team and named Gaff, Trew and Culley (if I remember right) as those who played well.
I do and if its wet even better we need a big body in the ruck and midfield...

He is fit it starts now ....I don't care if he has limited possies its about the taps to our mids and negating the opposition ruck

get him in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have been some defensive role - didn’t even lose by 100!

Do more tickets for the game get released this week?

And with the game v North is it a week before?

Just not alot of tickets left atm?

noticed this too

also weird that a lot of the seats that have sold aren't under cover, given the forecast for saturday is rain

Don't suppose anyone has a junior code they wont be using for the free ticket to this week's game and can pm me?

Ohh andddd dewar witherdon Williams (managed)
For
Trew Culley Flynn

Do more tickets for the game get released this week?

And with the game v North is it a week before?

Just not alot of tickets left atm?
Wasn't a lot a couple of weeks ago. I think because this week and next are a Saturday avo game they are very popular.
I tried to upgrade my seats a few weeks ago and could only upgrade from upper nosebleed to middle nosebleed.
Sunday avo game I had multiple upgrade options but that's golf day so hard to attend, I just had a look to see what was available after the Sat avo gave me nothing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back