Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Hawthorn + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We are good team now with depth, that means hard calls are made when the team is healthy.

Banfield's performance, as good as it was, doesnt give him priority over best 22 players. It's doesnt erase all the other performances from him but it does keep him front of queue if we have an injury and likely lock him in for a 1 year extension.

Fyfe should also play, we have to rip the band aid off eventually and it should be a pretty simple swap for Tucker anyway. Managed minutes, forward and mid.

The new bloke
They did our boy dirty - he looks fat! Hahahaha

If it’s raining, I would bring in Fyfe, we need his strength around the contest
We dont "need" Nat at this moment.
He is for later, "War Emergency Power"!
This is his preseason, need to get it right.
As and when other teams start working out how to countermeasure us, Fyfie arrives!
Hard to know how good we are?
Good enough for Saturday?

Mongrel Punt says "pretty damn good".

Fyfe in for Hughes
Switta in for Tucker
Taberner if fit in for Meek

People are saying one great game for banfield shouldn't garuntee him a spot over best 22 players, which is a fair enough opinion. But Walters hasn't been out preforming Banfield by enough to justify dropping him after a BOG performance. Walters is rested or plays wafl imo.

Edited for the Darcy confusion!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe in for Hughes
Switta in for Darcy

People are saying one great game for banfield shouldn't garuntee him a spot over best 22 players, which is a fair enough opinion. But Walters hasn't been out preforming Banfield by enough to justify dropping him after a BOG performance. Walters is rested or plays wafl imo.

Do you mean Tucker, or Darcy?

Fyfe in for Hughes
Switta in for Darcy

We wont drop BaBa!

Would send a really poor message to drop a guy after he kicked 4 goals. I personally think sonny would have a better game than him next and BB will revert back to his usual form, but you gotta reward players for good games. And sonny can have an extra week and the bye to make sure that hammy is good

The rhetoric here is ridiculous.

Simply. We just beat a premiership favorite. We won that match, because Banfield was there. He is a good mark, he is a smart forward. He hits the score board. Many of his stats are unders because he has been sub.

What can this bloke do apart from play a game against the 2nd premiership favourite, than play a game that matched close enough to the oppositions best player in Zac Bailey.

I simply do not understand - I think it is looking at individuals qualities as a star rating, and then picking a team on quality, like how high they can jump, or how fast they can run, plonking them together and expecting them to win. You need to pick players that win you games of football.

It is stupendous to even consider dropping Banfield. I guess if a player like Sturt managed a game like that in the WAFL, people would be screaming him for to get selected. No dig here at Sturt, because he will be a great player at the level if his body permits, but in seriousness, htf could you even mention dropping a player that played one of the games of the season as a small forward?

Further reality check. Depth this season is key. Reward form, earn your spot. Our Captain showed that by going through the WAFL, and I suspect, if he played we would not have won. The dynamic of the team and confidence of the coaches in the selected team shows.

I look forward to watching the match again, as, at the ground it was so electric maybe I got carried away with a few performances, like Logue and Aish in the atmosphere. I also liked Hughes's game, after so long out - admittedly I have always been a fan of his though, so a bit bias here. In 28 years, as a dedicated member, in the top 10 of all time at home. And for mine, Banfield was in the top 5 on ground, but sure lets drop him...

Last edited:
We are good team now with depth, that means hard calls are made when the team is healthy.

Banfield's performance, as good as it was, doesnt give him priority over best 22 players. It's doesnt erase all the other performances from him but it does keep him front of queue if we have an injury and likely lock him in for a 1 year extension.

Fyfe should also play, we have to rip the band aid off eventually and it should be a pretty simple swap for Tucker anyway. Managed minutes, forward and mid.
Tucker was starting a lot of CBA's at half forward especially in the 2nd half. definite spot there for Fyfe to come in for tucker, and him/brodie/mundy to rotate through there

Hughes should stay in until Chapman returns. He played alright. He’s an okay player - it’s just our normal back seven are better than okay.

Don’t **** with team balance more than we need to. We’re already doing so by bringing Fyfe in.

If that means Walters and Switta sit out another week and/or become medi-sub then so be it.

Is there any risk of MRP trouble with that brawl? I have barely seen any media coverage of it, nor seen what actually instigated it. I know Aish and Ryan were right amongst it.
I doubt it. Mostly pushing and shoving. Fines. Shoota started it when his run was illegally blocked and he was being scragged. Grabbed the Brissy player and slung him to the ground. The rest of them piled in. Game turned at that point from a crowd pov and players lifted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 13: Changes Vs Hawthorn + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back