Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: winning with so many missing, winning with Nick getting scragged, Krueger thriving and surviving, Josh, Crisp, WHE, Howe, JFN bounce back, cheers for Bruz louder than boos, May taught a lesson, Clarry's disposal.

Bad: Clangers by Shultz, Markov (5 of 11 disposals) and Bytel (2 of 2 disposals). IQ continued average form.

Last edited:

That’s the most composed I’ve seen him in 1v1 and ball handling.
If that’s his baseline….im ok with that and it gives us options.
Yup.

He didn't panic and crap his pants today.

He had 3 good consecutive defensive plays. Then was composed the rest of the game.

He needs to learn poise and he showed some of that today.

Good: winning with so many missing, winning with Nick getting scragged, Krueger thriving and surviving, Josh, Crisp, WHE, Howe, JFN bounce back, cheers for Bruz louder than boos, May taught a lesson, Clarry's disposal.

Bad: Shultz, Markov (5 of 11) and Bytel (2 of 2) clangers. IQ continued average form.
I thought McCreery didn't do much, and Bobby has been quiet the last few weeks, although he still does one or two freakish things every game.

That’s the most composed I’ve seen him in 1v1 and ball handling.
If that’s his baseline….im ok with that and it gives us options.

Dean is going to be a very good defender. He just needs time to settle in, and get confidence at the level.
He will be a stalemate of our defence going forward....

I thought McCreery didn't do much, and Bobby has been quiet the last few weeks, although he still does one or two freakish things every game.

That's a good thing. We have injuries and players not at their optimal level, yet we have only lost 1 of our last 5 games. lmagine what's in store for the remainder of the season once the side is fully up and running....🏆B2B🏆

That's a good thing. We have injuries and players not at their optimal level, yet we have only lost 1 of our last 5 games. lmagine what's in store for the remainder of the season once the side is fully up and running....🏆B2B🏆
Yes, I think we're building towards the pointy end of the season.

Harrison and Lipinski are flying in that half forward role. Crisp and Jaicos lifted in the absence of personnel and Nick’s tag. Entire backline is gelling well, Dean looks good in the system.
Say what you want about Pat….he’s unbelievably clean and one touch.
Having that fwd of the ball just generates shots when others fumble.
HH has elite handball skills (both left and right handed). That ball to sully was insane!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Crisp great
Gee Lippa does some great / important things w the footy
3 for HH + Kreug
Thought Schultz almost exploded today - kicked one but could have been involved in many more
Loved Maynard’s toughnesS
WHE so important
Sullivan had done good touches
Beau good
Sidey hanger

Negative: didn’t think our boys bumped / slammed / whatever Neale-Bullen enough. Shouldnt let tagged have free reign on Nick

Bad: Shultz, Markov (5 of 11) and Bytel (2 of 2) clangers. IQ continued average form.
What’s the thinking with Schultz Doof?
Why is he listed as a bad?

Dean is going to be a very good defender. He just needs time to settle in, and get confidence at the level.
He will be a stalemate of our defence going forward....
I’d prefer him to be a stalwart…..but hey, if by stalemate you mean he halves everything…..I’m ok with that too :)

He was much better. First time I’ve seen him play with confidence and attack the footy. Previously he’s been all About his man.

Yup.

He didn't panic and crap his pants today.

He had 3 good consecutive defensive plays. Then was composed the rest of the game.

He needs to learn poise and he showed some of that today.
Yup.
Poise tends to come from just playing at the speed.
That defensive effort in the goals square was as good as he could do without giving a free.

Hopefully we back him in and he gets another 5 games. Will do wonders for him.

I’d prefer him to be a stalwart…..but hey, if by stalemate you mean he halves everything…..I’m ok with that too :)

He was much better. First time I’ve seen him play with confidence and attack the footy. Previously he’s been all About his man.
Apparently Charlie has been giving Magnus Carlsen a touch up in online chess also

Nice to be back on the winner's list. Somehow the B team manage to plug most of the holes. Really looking forward to getting a few back after the bye. I'm usually a Beau fan but he was flat today -not his usual impact.
A little, but had the most tackles in the team if memory serves.

Say what you want about Pat….he’s unbelievably clean and one touch.
Having that fwd of the ball just generates shots when others fumble.
HH has elite handball skills (both left and right handed). That ball to sully was insane!
He set up Hyphen's first goal, and his handball to Fin for our second goal was brilliant.

Huge character forming win against a rival considering all the outs we have. Really cements us into the thick of the top 4 race which could make our break our chances this year.

Crisp was once again sensational, Josh too, and Lippa and WHE played impressive parts in the win.

Excitingly, we finally the saw return of big Kreugs and the beginning of his comeback redemption plot arc. Great King’s Birthday win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back