Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean looks like he’s more settled, Frampton is better back and we desperately need a quality key forward. Think also Moore has a weakness in the 1 v 1 wrestles. Trade off would be how much we lose in terms of offensive bounce from the back half with his run, intercept and kicking skills…

I’m happy to admit that I didn’t think we’d be able to overcome the absence of so many Best 22 players today. I’m so glad to be wrong.

Quite clearly, we don’t have a Best 22. We have a Best 30! We’ve built a squad who really can plug and play, regardless of who is missing. Great coaching and great spirit in this group. They are never beaten.

So bloody impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes it is. But those last 8 are now best 22
We have depth.

What’s the thinking with Schultz Doof?
Why is he listed as a bad?
Maybe bad is too harsh. He was probably more on the ok side of the scale. Good pressure, but two absolutely abysmal clangers which went back the other way as easy turnovers.

Last edited:
Dean looks like he’s more settled, Frampton is better back and we desperately need a quality key forward. Think also Moore has a weakness in the 1 v 1 wrestles. Trade off would be how much we lose in terms of offensive bounce from the back half with his run, intercept and kicking skills…
Most idiotic idea I’ve heard for a long time

We missed Cox as that second ruck, DC did well considering who he was up against but us double teaming sides with one ruck has been a great bonus for us. No matter what the posters on here think of Cox.
I think what we gained with Kreuger forward more than offset the 5 mins a quarter Cox plays in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I wonder what it could be?

giphy.gif

Like Essendon 1990 all over again. Just need to get a sighter at the SCG, figure them out for finals, then they can have their second place medals. How many rugby memberships can I buy with COLA?
Just couldn’t stand losing to Swans in the GF with us paying for Grundy and Adams’. Or is it just Grundy? Either way you know what I’m saying.

We were discussing possible outcomes this morning and I said, "If Melbourne can't beat us comfortably today then they're no bloody good." I thought they'd win by 30+, but I still underestimate the boys, their pressure and of course, the coaches. I wonder who came up with the idea of pitting WHE v Steven Enrecote. Genius!

• Kreuger. Not only he didn't get injured, but when he is on.. he's a force. Its easy to forget what he's like when he is like that, we havent seen it since his early games in 2022.
  • Fin. He looked like an afl player. Finally. In the midfield. The game we always wished for him. Quieter in the 2nd half but was huge early. Hopefully this gives him confidence moving forward.
  • WHE - Didn't miss a beep coming back in after some weeks out. His overhead marking for someone sub 190 is huge.
  • HH continuing to impress in each game. Today no different
  • The noise when Maynard and May had the ball was bonkers. The booing and the clapping. Made for an interesting day
  • Lippa had a great game playing his half forward role he does so so well.

does anyone know the 'expected score' result from today?

i have an uneasy feeling that we might have actually ended up behind

In Fly's presser, he mentioned that Bruzzy had gone through a really tough week outside the the club, saying "It's been really hard for him" and "It's unfortunate what's happened in his private life".
I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess as to what that might be and it's none of our business, but Fly followed up with "We love him".

It all just goes to show what mental courage and a determined will our players have, because Bruzzy played a great game today and attacked the ball ferociously. I reckon the drowning out of the Melbourne crowds' boos by the Collingwood Army cheers every time he was in the play, would've given him great support. Wonderfully done by the Pies supporters at the game!!! :clapping:

Good: winning with so many missing, winning with Nick getting scragged, Krueger thriving and surviving, Josh, Crisp, WHE, Howe, JFN bounce back, cheers for Bruz louder than boos, May taught a lesson, Clarry's disposal.

Bad: Shultz, Markov (5 of 11) and Bytel (2 of 2) clangers. IQ continued average form.
Schultz was chasing and tackling hard all day. I thought he had a pretty good game. Those 2 turnovers were shockers though.

Markov's meh form continues and Bytel again has shown absolutely nothing. IQ is comfortably in the bottom 6 players every week this year. Dunno what the go is with him.

Great 4 QTR effort today boys, the win was full of gusto!
Get this side to full strength, playing to our systems we can take anyone on the last day in September this year.

Just couldn’t stand losing to Swans in the GF with us paying for Grundy and Adams’. Or is it just Grundy? Either way you know what I’m saying.
Adams will probably get soft tissue injury week 1
Brodie hopefully continues his tradition of hitting the ball to opposition mids when we play them

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back