Universal Love Round 13 (Pies win, farewell Bucks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me ******* mad, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bucks returned to Collingwood as a COACH somewhere in the future.

He is young and will be around for a long time.

Or am I smoking some good sh*t? Thing is I don’t smoke.
I think the footy romantic in me would like this to happen but its hard to see. Maybe in 10 years if he goes back to coaching earlier and the stars align.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes into list management or GM of football or something similar. He didn't go outside of Collingwood before, but if he stays within football clubs, he'd have to go into a different environment.

Surprised that the Noble kick straight up the middle to Pendles in the last quarter wasn't featured in the Top 5 on the Pies site. It was a thing of beauty.

Surprised that the Noble kick straight up the middle to Pendles in the last quarter wasn't featured in the Top 5 on the Pies site. It was a thing of beauty.
I agree, it was amazing kick. He had some shockers but that made up for it all.

Great win, just goes to show the impact the build of external pressure has on a club. There is a reason why we lose more grand finals than we win. The expectations are huge as the scrutiny.

Bucks was ousted through no fault of his own, I hope the replacement works out I really do. One thing is for certain those that were calling for his head (on this board and beyond) will not be there to own the failure if we don’t succeed.

Well we aren't finaling so a good chance for him to get right for next year.

‘There’s a lot more to footy than competing for Premierships …

… As Monday’s game was testament to. For me, that game will not be quite as memorable as the 2010 GF, but it will be up there.

‘There’s a lot more to footy than competing for Premierships …

… As Monday’s game was testament to. For me, that game will not be quite as memorable as the 2010 GF, but it will be up there.
No argument with any of that, I just think this is an ideal time to be trialing different lineups and plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tall and nearing U18 footy size is more what I was referring to. Along with looking pretty confident around men. Not sure where you got the handsome bit from... wasnt a consideration at all
Good looks are no hindrance to a successful career.

he didn’t play in the under 16s so doesn’t appear that he is super serious about footy right now.

Was there any U16's last year and is he even old enough yet to be in that age bracket?

Watched this game again the other day following the grand final. The dees certainly came at us, but our backline and particularly Roughead, Moore and Maynard stood up. Moore's intercept marking was huge. They also missed goals at crucial times. I thought our structures were really good. More often than not we had numbers between the contest and demons goal and our mids didn't get sucked into the footy especially at centre bounces. Our attack on the footy and man was clearly a 2021 high, we tackled with intent. DeGoey starred, Crisp quelled Petracca's influence likewise Lynch against Gawn, including a few very nice taps. In terms of the Brownlow I didn't see it the same way Gawn had some important moments in the second half, but he wasn't in the top half dozen for mine.

The biggest takeaways were our structures, pressure, DeGoey as a mid and Moore's intercept marking. The latter made me realise just how much we missed Moore in the back half of the year, I suspect it cost us a couple of wins.

Watched this game again the other day following the grand final. The dees certainly came at us, but our backline and particularly Roughead, Moore and Maynard stood up. Moore's intercept marking was huge. They also missed goals at crucial times. I thought our structures were really good. More often than not we had numbers between the contest and demons goal and our mids didn't get sucked into the footy especially at centre bounces. Our attack on the footy and man was clearly a 2021 high, we tackled with intent. DeGoey starred, Crisp quelled Petracca's influence likewise Lynch against Gawn, including a few very nice taps. In terms of the Brownlow I didn't see it the same way Gawn had some important moments in the second half, but he wasn't in the top half dozen for mine.

The biggest takeaways were our structures, pressure, DeGoey as a mid and Moore's intercept marking. The latter made me realise just how much we missed Moore in the back half of the year, I suspect it cost us a couple of wins.
Def. our season high point, franked even more with what the Dees did as the season went on.
Its hard to know how much we should take from the win in terms of where we might be, maybe things conspired on the day that all worked our way.
Our poster who is going through game by game in detail and your recollection really does hammer home the importance of Darcy in a number of key areas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Round 13 (Pies win, farewell Bucks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back