Autopsy Round 14, 2024 : Hawks skin Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not as calm as the man himself. He’s practically falling asleep as he walks in to kick. Amazing.
It's actually brilliant he starts the process immediately too. Watch his goal late in the game against Brisbane, he takes the contested mark and immediately slows everything down and casually walks back slowing his heart rate. Doesn't run or walk fast just breathes and walks. Matthew Lloyd was the cause of the 30 second rule and he admitted his whole routine of check laces, pull up socks throw the grass etc was all to get a rest and relax for the kick. He didn't even look where the grass blew in the wind.

Were it not for conceding a 40 point lead against port (2 goals in the last 30 seconds of the match) we would be on a seven game winning streak 😳
They would be looking back at that game (Port) thinking they did very well to steal the win seeing how we're currently travelling. Wasn't an out of box performance for 3 qtrs what happened in the last was the out of whack bit. We have been the best performed side outside Sydney for 7 weeks.

While it's true that we were unlucky in 2 close games. We were lucky in 3 others vs Stkilda, GWS and Bulldogs.

Apparently in games under 10 points most sides end up going about 50/50 in them. Which is why it was such a big thing with Collingwood to be so good at it but even then in 2022 it turned on them in finals. And this year has shown that winning so many close games last year meant they weren't actually much better than the opposition and if they went 50/50 they would be mid table as they are now not top 4 like last year.

Yep, and chol was flat in the "one for all" part while Sicily who should know better was constantly too sharp.

And don't get me started on the harmonys. The tenors doing a major3rd when the were meant to do a 5th. And their levels were all off and could barely hear the top line.
See, you get it. The enunciation during the 3rd stanza needs a lot of work.

You've got to love the media. Hawks won by 8 goals, and all the news feeds tell us is Dusty kicked a "showstopper" in his 300th game. I'm a big fan of Dusty, but I'm fed up with hearing about him this week.
Dustbin kicked a showstarter. The common taters really have no idea.

Starting to think we are a lot closer to a flag than anyone realises.

Need more accuracy - tell the rascal pack you need to actually kick the goals if you are.going to celebrate

Weddle and Day are elite players

McKenzie is fast heading there
Let’s talk after we start beating the top 4 teams. Still a long way to go.

While it's true that we were unlucky in 2 close games. We were lucky in 3 others vs Stkilda, GWS and Bulldogs.

Apparently in games under 10 points most sides end up going about 50/50 in them. Which is why it was such a big thing with Collingwood to be so good at it but even then in 2022 it turned on them in finals. And this year has shown that winning so many close games last year meant they weren't actually much better than the opposition and if they went 50/50 they would be mid table as they are now not top 4 like last year.
You have got to agree with the first para. I still reckon we should have beaten Collingwood in Adelaide. Well, the Port game, hmmmm…..

I'm watching Riewoldt interviewing Dusty and it's gone on so long I'm shouting at the screen "Take it to the Richmond board"
I'll forever be thankful for Dusty beating Geel in the GF but that post match interview with Riewoldt was an absolutely wankfest. Was so long, am surprised our boys hung around for the guard of honour, of which didnt see Dusty even acknowledge. Oh well, suck shit, scoreboard...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely stoked with our form, it's hard to believe we're in round 14, with 10 rounds to go (including our bye week), and we’re already on the same number of wins as we got last year.

At the same time, we've beaten one side currently in the top 8, the dogs, who are scraping in to 8th spot. Giants are in 9th. So I reckon we've got to continue to keep a lid on things just for the moment.

Last edited:
Absolutely stoked with our form, it's hard to believe we're in round 14, with 10 rounds to go (including our bye week), and w're already on the same number of wins as we got last year.

At the same time, we've beaten one side currently in the top 8, the dogs, who are scraping in to 8th spot. Giants are in 9th. So I reckon we've got to continue to keep a lid on things just for the moment.
Should have defeated Essendon, we were the better team
Should have defeated Port but choked a 7 goal lead.
Could have defeated Collingwood if MacDonald kicks the goal.

Could easily be 4-2 against current top 8 sides most of which we played with 6 best 22 missing.

Should have defeated Essendon, we were the better team
Should have defeated Port but choked a 7 goal lead.
Could have defeated Collingwood if MacDonald kicks the goal.

Could easily be 4-2 against current top 8 sides most of which we played with 6 best 22 missing.
Yeah I know…

We had 101 interchanges. I thought limit was 75.
How does that work?
We did it to wind up the Tiger fans so they claim we cheated and they could get the 4 points.

Actually we had only 67.

Mighty nice of us to let Dusty have his minute in the spotlight before we took the game away from them.

One of the most watchable performances we've put together in the last 5 years, the boys had a massive crowd against them and didn't shirk the contest all day. Yes we're still lacking in polish, but that will come in due course as we build towards finals.

The players have belief in themselves and each other, and it's starting to show results more and more every week.

Exciting times ahead!

Watson could be a generational talent. He owned that game - just didn't get reward.

Moore, Ginni and Watson are going to be near on impossible to stop in the next 2-3 years. Our mids are developing and we now have midfield depth. Ward isn't doing much wrong at Box Hill and can't get a look in. Same with Wingard. The only area we look vulnerable are deep entries in to our backline where we need a Lake type to contest and bring the ball to ground. This gap should be addressed in the off season.

Very exciting times. Buckle up folks. It's happening.

Yeah I know…
I don't see the point of keeping the lid on it, at best we sneak into the 8 but we should give the big middle finger all the way while we attempt to.

We've had failed rebuild, 10 ten year rebuild, clueless recruiting, tanking calls thrown our way by pretty much all the media and not one of them will every think of putting their hand up and say I was wrong just like how Montagna this week said something to the effect of "well if Hawthorn are happy with a finished rebuild and sit 12th, good for them I guess"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back