Autopsy Round 14, 2024 : Hawks skin Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Sicily, Scrim, Weddle controlled the air at back.
2. Hardwick and Impey controlled the ground at back.
3. Hawks defence way too good for Tigers whose fwd line is dysfunctional.
4. When mids got on top after half time the contest was over.
5. Great for boys play in front of 90+ ay MCG
6. Watson will get there, Buddy kicked 2.7 against Dogs one day early on
7. Chol was the difference up fwd
8. Our smalls fwd of centre, will be elite
9. Mitchell is humming in the coaches box right now
10. With development top 4 should be our aim next year, we are on for finals this year.
11. Moore, Day, Scrim, D'Ambrosio - in AA squad form
12. Fwd line of Chol, Dear, Ginni, Watto, Gunner - were not at club last year
13. Lucky 13 - We are back in town, finals this year a 70% chance

Congrats Dusty but you may as well retire this year as your side is still going South mate. Tigers back into the wilderness. Let's see if they are brave enough to go full rebuild mode. Dimma bailed because he could see the writing on the wall, game has moved past them - headless chooks have been locked back into the chicken coup out back ... 😆

And yes, we owed them this loss and it had been coming for a while now.

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this but I hope the wiz and ginni stop playing for those high tackles, moore at leasts goes down hard and low but doesn't raise his arms up or slings his head back.

Nah. You're spot on. It needs to stop. Coaches need to have a good talk to both of them.

I every one is saying Lewis will come in when fit, but if Scaife starts to play really well surely he comes in first and Lewis is behind another tall.
Our depth should push us for a while yet, but teams will come after our players sooner rather than later, especially if we make finals this year.

1. Sicily, Scrim, Weddle controlled the air at back.
2. Hardwick and Impey controlled the ground at back.
3. Hawks defence way too good for Tigers whose fwd line is dysfunctional.
4. When mids got on top after half time the contest was over.
5. Great for boys play in front of 90+ ay MCG
6. Watson will get there, Buddy kicked 2.7 against Dogs one day early on
7. Chol was the difference up fwd
8. Our smalls fwd of centre, will be elite
9. Mitchell is humming in the coaches box right now
10. With development top 4 should be our aim next year, we are on for finals this year.
11. Moore, Day, Scrim, D'Ambrosio - in AA squad form
12. Fwd line of Chol, Dear, Ginni, Watto, Gunner - were not at club last year
13. Lucky 13 - We are back in town, finals this year a 70% chance

Congrats Dusty but you may as well retire this year as your side is still going South mate. Tigers back into the wilderness. Let's see if they are brave enough to go full rebuild mode. Dimma bailed because he could see the writing on the wall, game has moved past them - headless chooks have been locked back into the chicken coup out back ... 😆

And yes, we owed them this loss and it had been coming for a while now.
It was 2.11

Absolutely stoked with our form, it's hard to believe we're in round 14, with 10 rounds to go (including our bye week), and we’re already on the same number of wins as we got last year.

At the same time, we've beaten one side currently in the top 8, the dogs, who are scraping in to 8th spot. Giants are in 9th. So I reckon we've got to continue to keep a lid on things just for the moment.
Geelong at Geelong will be interesting.

This was a bit of a milestone win I think.
Winning by 8 goals while not playing particularly well or polished is a great sign. Compare to the North game 2 months ago where we won by 25 points and it was just a relief to get the win.

I feel really validated - so many commentators were like "There'll be 80,00 there for dusty's 300th" "Hawks youth are going to struggle again 90,000 fans at the G" "Richmond's grand final" "Tigers will lift for this in front of 100,000 at the G"
It's all just AFL Rom Com writers being dramatic.

Dusty is awesome - that goal was awesome. I'm actually really glad the tigers fans got that moment. That's what footy is about.

But also - read the ****ing room - our boys are hyped and if you get 157,000 people at the G screaming it's going the boost them, rather than be something they have to overcome. I think the tiges were more distracted by the whole thing if you look at what actually happened (Instead of the storyline the journos had written before the game)

I'll forever be thankful for Dusty beating Geel in the GF but that post match interview with Riewoldt was an absolutely wankfest. Was so long, am surprised our boys hung around for the guard of honour, of which didnt see Dusty even acknowledge. Oh well, suck shit, scoreboard...
Pretty sure he did acknowledge them. But the interview consisted of about 6 questions and was given the same response by Dusty. Don’t matter. Bloody great player nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning by 8 goals while not playing particularly well or polished is a great sign. Compare to the North game 2 months ago where we won by 25 points and it was just a relief to get the win.

I feel really validated - so many commentators were like "There'll be 80,00 there for dusty's 300th" "Hawks youth are going to struggle again 90,000 fans at the G" "Richmond's grand final" "Tigers will lift for this in front of 100,000 at the G"

Dusty is awesome - that goal was awesome. I'm actually really glad the tigers fans got that moment. That's what footy is about.

But also - read the ****ing room - our boys are hyped and if you get 157,000 people at the G screaming it's going the boost them, rather than be something they have to overcome. I think the tiges were more distracted by the whole thing if you look at what actually happened (Instead of the storyline the journos had written before the game)
We beat North by 45

No it’s the second biggest hawk home and away crowd

Hawks v pies 1981 Anzac Day vfl park had 92 991 people the biggest and 6th biggest home and away of all time

This was 8th biggest home and away crowd of all time
I was there. And VFL park had a capacity of about 73000. It was massively overpacked. As kids we were sitting in the aisles. It was crazy. Although we did a get a seat in the last quarter after Pies fans started leaving the ground. I think we won by about 9 goals.

I was there. And VFL park had a capacity of about 73000. It was massively overpacked. As kids we were sitting in the aisles. It was crazy. Although we did a get a seat in the last quarter after Pies fans started leaving the ground. I think we won by about 9 goals.
Last game at Waverley was probably in the 90's too. OH&S would have blushed seeing every step, aisle, walkway filled!

Same media folk had a minor hissy horse didn’t let amarti kick 10

Horse has another prize in mind

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this but I hope the wiz and ginni stop playing for those high tackles, moore at leasts goes down hard and low but doesn't raise his arms up or slings his head back.
Watson is ****ing short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I notice on the AFL site yesterday that they had a clip on Moores tackle very early in the game under the headline of “Moores sling tackle”
There was nothing in it and the Tiger player was unhurt but just puting it out there that it could be looked at.
Similar impact to Scrima’s tackle a few weeks ago and he got a week. Expecting the same for Moore. Seems that as soon as the players head hits the ground it’s deemed dangerous. I know it’s all about protecting the player but you can do absolutely everything right in a tackle within the rules and with no malice but if the player hits his head on the ground it’s a week. Basically down to luck.

Watson is ****ing short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watson played his first to high free to perfection. The Richmond defender was left with the choice of either let the Wiz run around unimpeded or take him high due to the Wiz running at just the right distance from the tackler.

Was like a fine snooker shot. ****ing brilliant and not a duck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back