Autopsy Round 14, 2024 : Hawks skin Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson could be a generational talent. He owned that game - just didn't get reward.

Moore, Ginni and Watson are going to be near on impossible to stop in the next 2-3 years. Our mids are developing and we now have midfield depth. Ward isn't doing much wrong at Box Hill and can't get a look in. Same with Wingard. The only area we look vulnerable are deep entries in to our backline where we need a Lake type to contest and bring the ball to ground. This gap should be addressed in the off season.

Very exciting times. Buckle up folks. It's happening.
Absolutely, he is doing the hard stuff. Just not finishing it off. The rest of the comp should enjoy this next year while he sort it out. Because from next year he will be the best small forward in the game for the next 10 years. Does things most players could only dream of.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe Mitchell comes back into the side and Hardwick moves forward again?

Pretty happy with Gunners and Bruest rotating in and out all year or as the sub. Gunners was subbed out and taking phone calls on the bench. They both can look good and ordinary at this stage in their career but experience is un matched.

The fast track development off Dear is a dead set bonus and I think Ginny, Wiz , C-Mac learning in spades.

M.Lewis once his fit and firing can come in for either. The forward line will not only work with Chol / Dear next to him it will be a potent setup with the smalls.

Thing I also loved was Cam Mackenzie.

He has become someone who WANTS to kick goals! Notice he streams forward, wants the ball and WANTS to kick goals! I love seeing that he's turned into a fiend for the big sticks.

Once his fitness improves, he's going to bang quite a few in for fun. Especially out of the middle

Thing I also loved was Cam Mackenzie.

He has become someone who WANTS to kick goals! Notice he streams forward, wants the ball and WANTS to kick goals! I love seeing that he's turned into a fiend for the big sticks.

Once his fitness improves, he's going to bang quite a few in for fun. Especially out of the middle
He’s realised he has more time and is actually bursting away. He’s quick, classy and a good size. Has all the ingredients to be a gun

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this but I hope the wiz and ginni stop playing for those high tackles, moore at leasts goes down hard and low but doesn't raise his arms up or slings his head back.
I tend to agree. We all hate it if opposition players do it. Even Nash acknowledged the move from the boundary. Players still have to crouch down and get the ball but the Selwood arm rise can be infuriating

I tend to agree. We all hate it if opposition players do it. Even Nash acknowledged the move from the boundary. Players still have to crouch down and get the ball but the Selwood arm rise can be infuriating
That said, at least they are getting free kicks now.

And once the reputation sticks it sticks (unless you’re Selwood). I don’t want Watson ending up like Ginnivan and Wingard and never getting a free kick if his head is ripped off because of a reputation. He’s so short he will get plenty of genuine frees, doesn’t need to lift the arm and throw the head back to milk them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t be easy but a few teams have already troubled and beat them at home. I think our pace will be too much for them.
At the G if we keep form I think we would really trouble them . Genuine 50/50

Down there it's different , big challenge but we can really take it up to them .

WE MAY NEVER LOSE AGAIN
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF
Love this!

There are some idiots out there who live their lives having found $50 and think, I'll probably lose it, or the dollar will be devalued, life sucks then you die.

They'll maintain, it's only Richmond, need to keep a lid on it, we suck, and your need to understand this like I do, because I'm clever and I recognise the light at the end of the tunnel may well be an oncoming train, but we only played Richmond, you can only beat who you play.

We lost to them last year ad beat them this year. W3 should celebrate the upward trajectory, not commiserate the injury that might not even happen.

1. Sicily, Scrim, Weddle controlled the air at back.
2. Hardwick and Impey controlled the ground at back.
3. Hawks defence way too good for Tigers whose fwd line is dysfunctional.
4. When mids got on top after half time the contest was over.
5. Great for boys play in front of 90+ ay MCG
6. Watson will get there, Buddy kicked 2.7 against Dogs one day early on
7. Chol was the difference up fwd
8. Our smalls fwd of centre, will be elite
9. Mitchell is humming in the coaches box right now
10. With development top 4 should be our aim next year, we are on for finals this year.
11. Moore, Day, Scrim, D'Ambrosio - in AA squad form
12. Fwd line of Chol, Dear, Ginni, Watto, Gunner - were not at club last year
13. Lucky 13 - We are back in town, finals this year a 70% chance

Congrats Dusty but you may as well retire this year as your side is still going South mate. Tigers back into the wilderness. Let's see if they are brave enough to go full rebuild mode. Dimma bailed because he could see the writing on the wall, game has moved past them - headless chooks have been locked back into the chicken coup out back ... 😆

And yes, we owed them this loss and it had been coming for a while now.
Buddy kicked 2.11 against them

Love this!

There are some idiots out there who live their lives having found $50 and think, I'll probably lose it, or the dollar will be devalued, life sucks then you die.

They'll maintain, it's only Richmond, need to keep a lid on it, we suck, and your need to understand this like I do, because I'm clever and I recognise the light at the end of the tunnel may well be an oncoming train, but we only played Richmond, you can only beat who you play.

We lost to them last year ad beat them this year. W3 should celebrate the upward trajectory, not commiserate the injury that might not even happen.
More than that - our 3 peat team lost to them. Regularly. Bogey team annihilated.

We're beating everything put in front of us, and it's snowballing.

More than that - our 3 peat team lost to them. Regularly. Bogey team annihilated.

We're beating everything put in front of us, and it's snowballing.
Yep, we weren't able to beat the Swans yesterday, because we didn't play them. Sure, there were some concerning turnovers, but we also caused a fair few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 14, 2024 : Hawks skin Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back