Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing change from going to the Dogs game where I went hoping we would be competitive to the Lions game thinking we are a chance then the Crows game thinking we should win. Now I will be going expecting a win. Amazing transformation in 6 weeks.

The only problem going with expectations of winning is I get more annoyed when we make errors and struggle in games
I took my daughter to round 1 which was 3 losses from 3 games for her so I checked the fixture so I could take her to the North game knowing we'd get a win. i'm buying grand final tickets now.

Selection dilemmas this week. Meek for Reeves looking likely. Lewis available but who misses? 3-4 quarters at Box Hill makes a lot of sense and see how he pulls up. The Wiz for who? Impey definitely goes to Bolton. Dimma to Dusty, otherwise Weddle to Dusty if Dimma starts forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett will tag Day, nothing surer. Up to Nash and co. to help him out.
Not sure why everyone is talking about Bolton and Martin, the two most dangerous up there right at the moment are Mansell and Cumberland. Seaums will get Mansell, and I'd reckon Impey gets Cumberland.
Lynch will, unfortunately, kicks his usual four against us, and three of those will be from free licks. Probably the player in the entire AFL I have the least respect for. Frostie will need to be at his absolute best this weekend.
Scrimma gets Samson, and Nank when he's down there.
Dimma gets Bolton, and Weddle goes with Martin.
Sicily will notionally play on Graham, leaving Amon for Campbell, another young bloke I rate very highly.

If they play Lewis, either Gunner or Calsher have to go. I'd like to see Gunner do the job on Balta, so maybe Dear has a rest. Would have liked to see the Wiz get a run, but I think they need the pacy Seamus for the Tigers smalls down there.

Sounds like Meek is good to go, thank goodness for that. Its a huge, huge game for Lloyd, I reckon that is where the game will be won or lost.

Not sure why everyone is talking about Bolton and Martin, the two most dangerous up there right at the moment are Mansell and Cumberland. Seaums will get Mansell, and I'd reckon Impey gets Cumberland.
Lynch will, unfortunately, kicks his usual four against us, and three of those will be from free licks. Probably the player in the entire AFL I have the least respect for. Frostie will need to be at his absolute best this weekend.
Sicily will notionally play on Graham, leaving Amon for Campbell, another young bloke I rate very highly.

If they play Lewis, either Gunner or Calsher have to go. I'd like to see Gunner do the job on Balta, so maybe Dear has a rest. Would have liked to see the Wiz get a run, but I think they need the pacy Seamus for the Tigers smalls down there.

Sounds like Meek is good to go, thank goodness for that. Its a huge, huge game for Lloyd, I reckon that is where the game will be won or lost.
Pickett is injured so I’d be surprised

Pickett is injured.

Am I the only one thinking the hype of Dusty’s 300th so early in the week will be detrimental to Richmond?
I think they’ll be playing on emotion. Very important we get off to a good start as it will be a hot start. Silence the Richmond crowd early and knock the air out of them. If they get on a roll it will be a tough day.

Not to say it's like for like, but if we played Buddy, Rough, Gunston and Hale circa 2012/13, why can't we play Lewis, Dear, Gunston and Chol in the same side?

He's made a career out of it.

Nah, he hasn't. Dusty is obviously a legend of the game and his finals performances alone are all the evidence you'd ever need.

You sure love to unfairly hate on some all-time great players, Naicos, Goodes, GAJ, Dusty to name a few. Edit: should add Danger to that list too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back