Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, chuckles aside, was holding my daughter in my dominant hand the whole time. Was a group of yuppies dressed to the nines, who looked like they had tossed a coin, and chose to buy a north scarf outside.

The foreign legion security arrived just as I was about to swing a cat, and the missus was already laying into me as well, because I wasn't "protecting my daughter." When the security said "go, or life ban" I almost exploded. Not to mention the "nah... nah... nah..." cr@p as I was trudging off, chasing my missus who was marching out.

Man... there is honestly no justice, apart from them getting done by a point. These dimwits will likely be the sort to pretend they don't follow AFL tomorrow, but they've ruined my chances of taking my family to the footy. Missus has banned it, so I'll be going alone from now on. Just devastating.
That's disgusting. It takes a special kind of hero to pick on a bloke holding his 3yo daughter. sorry you had to go through that

My body physically went into meltdown in the dying stages 😂 my joints were hurting, my legs went to jelly and my mouth was as dry as the Sahara desert lol.

The first half was a sheer debacle, but I honestly just love how Fly has said on record and our team philosophy is to PLAY ALL THE MINUTES. Yep, North were immense in the first half, but a game goes for two halves and at the end of the day the team that deserves to win is the team in front at the end of ALL the minutes.

I don’t care what anyone says, 18th on the ladder or not, you can’t lose a game when you’re 9 goals up. The fact that we found a way to win is a credit to the squad and the coaching staff for making noticeable changes.

Umpiring was a disgrace towards both sides, of course people will say that North were robbed, suck eggs, that’s all I’ll say about that.

That's disgusting. It takes a special kind of hero to pick on a bloke holding his 3yo daughter. sorry you had to go through that
All good, Manic. Was actually mostly two blokes' Karen looking missus doing it. I was stunned women would target a little girl, but then, it's 2024 🙄

I don't have to watch the replay for one of them - how about staying on your opponent and not going up to the wing and getting caught out of position.
Defence is only as good as the pressure applied to the ball carrier who delivers into the 50.
The ball carriers had virtually zero pressure in that first quarter.

What a team we have. Astonishing win. This team just never accepts defeat. The will to win and the self belief is irrepressible.
I am so happy. Bruzza will not forget his 200th game. Fly challenged the team to get across the line for Bruzza at 3/4 time, and they found a way.
TJ as well won't forget his debut game in a hurry. He was part of a team performance that can only be explained by the massive team synergy and ellite physical fitness that our players and coaches have established together.
This team has an edge of mental hardness that all our opponents are aware of, and lurks in their mind throughout the game.

Okay, not to be a downer, but to the party of rodeo clowns who got me kicked out before quarter time, by heckling me in front of my missus and three year old, how are you feeling now? Did it burn on the way out at the end? Honestly, asking me how it felt losing to the bottom team as the reigning premier, talking about our supposed hangover, and telling me how all the daicos boys were paying money to the AFL, and half the pies were on drugs? Yeah okay, great for a laugh.

But, and thanks for getting the missus and me arguing for no reason, telling my missus our three year old is already a feral, obviously stole her teeth, and has a future either as a prostitute, or on Centrelink, seriously? Then you get me called out by security, for abusing you back?

Any north mods watching this, fair dinkum, have a look at the culture of your club, before you run around abusing battlers like me. Had a better time at the aquarium. Unlike your season, north fans, the fish were swimming better than your football team ever will 🤡
Reckon I ran into the same dickheads in 2022 when Norf jumped out to a lead against us.

The lippiest penii I have ever heard, talking all sorts of crap in front of their kids, and targeting us including my 11 and 8 year olds. It was a meaningless game.

We ran over the top of them in the last and they had melts.

Just total twats.

Can I make the observation that Darcy Moore was poor today and seems to escape scrutiny when others are being raked over the coals. Whether he is not fully fit or was sick during the week I thought he looked lethargic and disinterested at times. I thought "No Mess" Charlie Dean was holding the fort at various stages early in the game.

I know Darcy is an outstanding rebound and intercept defender but he really does struggle when having to stand one on one with the gorillas of the competition.

One of the craziest matches I've ever seen. A significant match in the historical sense with it being our greatest comeback since 1970, and the 2nd biggest comeback in the club's history.

Credit to North Melbourne. I thought they were absolutely superb, especially in the first half. Completely dominated us in key areas and didn't allow us to play our natural game. Didn't expect them to produce a performance of this magnitude, but their supporters will have reason to feel optimistic about the future with some great talent in the ranks, namely Sheezel and Wardlaw among others.

The first half looked structurally out of whack. Larkey dominated Moore, and I think the time to shift Frampton down back should have occurred at Quarter Time rather than Half Time, but better late than never. Our mids got smashed and overpowered, and I think that's the main reason why Fin was substituted at Half Time because he was one of the worst performers in the middle where we were getting killed. North's pressure rating was 204 which is well above the league average, so you can see why they were scoring heavily in the first half.

Given North Melbourne was the opponent and the bottom team on the ladder, I never gave up hope we could mount a huge comeback because of our reputation in the past two years but I didn't think we'd be stretching it out for as long as we did.

The bye has come at a good time to regroup and refresh. We've done extremely well to mitigate the loss of our experienced players (i.e. Pendles, Mihocek, De Goey, Elliott etc.) but today was almost a tipping point for us.

Very happy to be sitting in the top 4. This sets us up well to attack the back half of the season with hopefully our experienced players to start returning.

Stoked to get the win but seriously, how doesn't the umpire pay 50m at the end there? It's clear as day, especially if he's paid the mark.

The kick hadn’t gone very far, so not unreasonable for a player to assume it hadn’t gone the distance. We had 2 players who clearly thought it hadn’t gone the distance. They stopped when the umpire called mark (it might not have looked that way on the vision, but the sound and vision are never perfectly synchronised)

Except both our players encroached the mark before that happened, the 50 could've been paid before that.
Look at the umpire. Hadn’t even blown the whistle until they were well over the “mark” so he couldn’t pay a 50.
Our guys were right to attack the player in 2 counts. 1, it was touch and go as to wether it was 15 metres. 2. They hadn’t heard a whistle.
As soon as they heard a whistle they both stopped and looked at the umpire, which allowed the Norf player to play on.
It’s all as clear as day on the video if you watch the umpire as well as the players.

Look, chuckles aside, was holding my daughter in my dominant hand the whole time. Was a group of yuppies dressed to the nines, who looked like they had tossed a coin, and chose to buy a north scarf outside.

The foreign legion security arrived just as I was about to swing a cat, and the missus was already laying into me as well, because I wasn't "protecting my daughter." When the security said "go, or life ban" I almost exploded. Not to mention the "nah... nah... nah..." cr@p as I was trudging off, chasing my missus who was marching out.

Man... there is honestly no justice, apart from them getting done by a point. These dimwits will likely be the sort to pretend they don't follow AFL tomorrow, but they've ruined my chances of taking my family to the footy. Missus has banned it, so I'll be going alone from now on. Just devastating.

Okay, not to be a downer, but to the party of rodeo clowns who got me kicked out before quarter time, by heckling me in front of my missus and three year old, how are you feeling now? Did it burn on the way out at the end? Honestly, asking me how it felt losing to the bottom team as the reigning premier, talking about our supposed hangover, and telling me how all the daicos boys were paying money to the AFL, and half the pies were on drugs? Yeah okay, great for a laugh.

But, and thanks for getting the missus and me arguing for no reason, telling my missus our three year old is already a feral, obviously stole her teeth, and has a future either as a prostitute, or on Centrelink, seriously? Then you get me called out by security, for abusing you back?

Any north mods watching this, fair dinkum, have a look at the culture of your club, before you run around abusing battlers like me. Had a better time at the aquarium. Unlike your season, north fans, the fish were swimming better than your football team ever will 🤡

Last game we played against WCE I posted about the Marvel security being a joke and the Police were no better.

Disappointed for your experience but not surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I make the observation that Darcy Moore was poor today and seems to escape scrutiny when others are being raked over the coals. Whether he is not fully fit or was sick during the week I thought he looked lethargic and disinterested at times. I thought "No Mess" Charlie Dean was holding the fort at various stages early in the game.

I know Darcy is an outstanding rebound and intercept defender but he really does struggle when having to stand one on one with the gorillas of the competition.
The point is though, he was not standing with them, he was miles off Larkey most of the time and just conceding ground. 1 on 1 he can usually get a spoil. Just too casual.

I have a son that is three as well. One of the most common things to hear in our house is "I love footy". He loves going to the local footy as much as the AFL. If your daughter loves footy, take her down to the local ground. Amazing for young kids!

He is missing Murphy.

What a team we have. Astonishing win. This team just never accepts defeat. The will to win and the self belief is irrepressible.
I am so happy. Bruzza will not forget his 200th game. Fly challenged the team to get across the line for Bruzza at 3/4 time, and they found a way.
TJ as well won't forget his debut game in a hurry. He was part of a team performance that can only be explained by the massive team synergy and ellite physical fitness that our players and coaches have established together.
This team has an edge of mental hardness that all our opponents are aware of, and lurks in their mind throughout the game.

phenomenal game

Maynard was all class and kind in his speech after the game

Kangaroos smashed /obliterated WCE in the clearances early on last week but Barrass and McGovern were able to repel them.

Our defence is usually good at absorbing pressure. Today was not one of those days.
Larkey kicked 5 on Barass though so their defence is no great shakes.

I seriously don’t understand the supporters in this sport.
It’s unlike any other sport in the world with the blaming of officials.

Rather than place blame on the players for their actions over 120 mins….everyone piles in on a single decision as “the reason”.

Sure, I thought it was 50. No issues. it was a mistake….but I’ll show you at least 10 other mistakes from the umpires that qtr for either team….which if any of them are paid, that situation won’t happen.

Here’s an idea:
Hiow about they just kick one of the last 2 clean shots they have..you know, like Elliot has done 3 times…

FMD the carry on is pathetic.

Oh gosh you read the north forum and they are crying out they were robbed, hey North fans if you're reading this just know it isn't the umpires fault you choked a 54 point lead against a side with 7 best 18 players out, a good half of footy means absolutely nothing I'd you can't finish the job. You weren't robbed by the umpires, you just simply were not good enough!

Oh gosh you read the north forum and they are crying out they were robbed, hey North fans if you're reading this just know it isn't the umpires fault you choked a 54 point lead against a side with 7 best 18 players out, a good half of footy means absolutely nothing I'd you can't finish the job. You weren't robbed by the umpires, you just simply were not good enough!
I haven't heard them say 'fk Fisher for missing that shot on goal which would have put us in front'..

But hey, let's blame the umps.

Were they this loud last week about Elliott Yeo's HTB? 🤔

Loser mentality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back