Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

First game I haven't watched live this year.

Despite being nearly 24 YO, my daughter is careful with her language around me.

I received the below message from her during the game.

Seems I avoided another mini-cardiac episode. About to get stuck into the replay.

This. Fkng. Team.

I can't deal.

IMG_1270.jpg

Seems I avoided another mini-cardiac episode. About to get stuck into the replay.

This. Fkng. Team.

I can't deal.

View attachment 2021711
I don't see the problem with "That was FUN, ED", unless you don't like your daughter calling you Ed?

This team knows how to entertain. A couple of exciting seasons with minimal injuries culminating in a flag. How do you improve on that? I know let’s go half rat power for a while. 4 goal comebacks? Yawn, been done too many times, let’s go for a 9 goal comeback at half rat power, now that’s spicy.

Well played pies well played, you’re officially taking the piss now.

Last edited:

This. Fkng. Team.

I can't deal.

View attachment 2021711
That’s much milder language than from my daughter who was sitting right next to me at the game.

How bad was Darcy Moore - thought he had an absolute stinker. Seemed lost at sea.

There was a post about comparing it to 2011 team and Crows game. That team was a machine - 11 goal last quarter? That performance was more breathtaking than today.

Positives - Schultz another small bag of goals, should have been 5.

Good to see Bobby get some reward today.

Jiath I thought in the second half did a couple of nice things.

Negatives - Moore shocking.

Sullivan first half he looked well off the pace. Finlay was poor.

Thought some of Josh's kicking was poor.

Quaynor I thought was poor.

We took too long to move Frampton into defence.

How bad was Darcy Moore - thought he had an absolute stinker.

There was a post about comparing it to 2011 team and Crows game. That team was a machine - 11 goal last quarter? That performance was more breathtaking than today.

Positives - Schultz another small bag of goals, should have been 5. Good to see Bobby get some reward today.

Negatives - Moore shocking. Sullivan first half he looked well off the pace.
You’re wrong about Darcy. You’re probably not paying attention to our defensive set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re wrong about Darcy. You’re probably not paying attention to our defensive set up.

Nope - today he was terrible - when he chose to go up the field, he didn't impact the contest. Larkey gave him a bath in that first quarter.

Even in the last quarter, kangaroos only goal was set up from a poor handball from Moore that was too high for Noble.

Lucky we had Cameron who could actually get back and intercept mark in defence.

Maynard’s tackle had a sling to it, so the free was there. His arms were free though and no head contact to the ground so shouldn’t go any further than that.

Xerri 100% hammed up the slight contact, then he somehow kicked that shot.

The North player wanted to find the boundary line, he helped make the Maynard tackle what it was.

Yes re Maynard’s action but unless my memory is playing tricks the player before took the ball out of bounds with a spin of the arm so shouldn’t have got to that point.

And just remembered another obvious missed free. In the third (I think), Bobby is around 60m from goals and Wardlaw casually runs right next to him late, completely infringing the protected area. Should have been a 50m penalty and shot from the goal square.

Anyway all this to say as usual with close ends, people with a bias will see what they want to see and forget everything that didn’t fit their narrative during the game. We didn’t win because of that missed 50 which isn’t even one, North had an all-time choke / we had an all time comeback after they came out much fitter and hungrier than us and couldn’t miss goals for 2 and a half quarters. I wouldn’t base my assessment of the game on what some randoms who’ll always pot Collingwood think about it.

That’s much milder language than from my daughter who was sitting right next to me at the game.
emoji kik GIF

Nope - today he was terrible - when he chose to go up the field, he didn't impact the contest. Larkey gave him a bath in that first quarter.

Even in the last quarter, kangaroos only goal was set up from a poor handball from Moore that was too high for Noble.

Lucky we had Cameron who could actually get back and intercept mark in defence.
Go back and watch the first quarter and then come back and tell me how Darcy could have stopped any of Larkey’s first quarter goals.

As great as it was to get the win and see some great highlights like the Bobby hanger, to be honest I feel for North and their fans after that. Just about their whole list seemed elite for the majority of the game and it'd be crushing to have lost in the end.

And as with every close pies win, nuffy "neutrals" meltdown over any perceived umpiring error in the last 5 min, claiming it defines the entire match, which makes it even worse for supporters of the losing team.

No need to feel sorry for North supporters, they’ve got exciting times ahead

Go back and watch the first quarter and then come back and tell me how Darcy could have stopped any of Larkey’s first quarter goals.

I don't have to watch the replay for one of them - how about staying on your opponent and not going up to the wing and getting caught out of position.

I’m jealous of these daughters. None of mine could care less about the Pies these days. Nor my granddaughters.☹️

I’m in Sydney visiting them, and following the game as best I could. But the family all thought I was being pathetic and an embarrassment. Old lady shouting at the clouds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back