Autopsy Round 15, 2020: Hawks lose to the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Next minute....

Hawks have traded Will Day & Pick 3 to the Crows for Brad Crouch :drunk:

EDIT: AND next years 1st round pick
Don't be silly. Why would we do that when we can pay them an exorbitant price for Crouch and get Adelaide a priority pick (#2).....

Actually, maybe Clarko's master plan was for Adelaide to win and not have the AFL given them pick #2 ;)

I’m not surprised at all by the result, almost expected after seeing the team last night. Not bothered either. We literally have nothing to play for. Team been away for 8-9 weeks and season was over after Sydney game. Just hope no permanent damage done to who will be on list next year. Hope it’s forgotten day 1 pre season and we can reset next year. Would be hard to stay motivated for the older players through this. Especially the ones that know it’s last year. 3 quality kids from draft can start the turn around looking forward to that.

We brought in 3 players over 30 for this game.......

We're finding out about a few fringe players, like Cousins and Glass, but the balance still doesn't feel right. If we're going to be that poor, might as well be poor with kids for a view towards 2021

This season is a rubbish season, with all the COVID adjustments, there will always be an asterix against the winner.

Just write this year off and play the kids. We've lost too many core players to injury and there's no point trying to play the older players at this point, as they just wont be part of our next flag.

Pragmatism must override stubborn pride in our system. We moneyballed as good as we could, but sometimes, moneyballing just isn't enough. A small reset here is needed to bring in some real quality in all 3 areas of DEF, MID and ATK.

I'm far too drunk to argue the point here but are you making an argument that Jaeger should be captain over Gunners?
Yeah, absolutely.

Thanks for the 3rd draft pick, Adelaide based umpires

Apparently didn’t even shed enough percentage to get under the Swans.

We‘re even shit at tanking.

Hope you don't mind but as an expert on being shit for 35 years I feel I need to give you some advice, just for your mental health.

Enjoy the little things while you know your rebuilding. For example, even though we were down by 10 goals, nobody and I mean nobody drank a water bottle with the class of Ben Nason. Also him looking like one of the robots from the matrix was an added bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the result of poor decision making and list management for the last 5 years......

I wouldn't necessarily call it poor decision making, but more a calculated gamble that with the incoming clubs and the draft concessions given to the new clubs, we could find a less traditional way of remaining competitive post 2016. It didn't work.

Look we kinda of knew this was happening all week.
When we saw the team selection we knew this result was happening.
We shouldn't be angry we picked a team to perform this performance.

I'm not that angry at the performance tbh with the cattle on the field it wasn't that bad, I'm only angry that I see absolutely no way forward except if we go to normal length quarters we suddenly come good again.

I see 2004 right now NOT 2005. I don't see two top 5 picks (plus 7 from memory whatever Lewis was) which we got to help improve us at best we may get one.

I see 18 teams not 16 which makes it harder on top of that, let alone having half the number of top five picks and well not even number two... just fiveish and not 7 either. (wow moved from spelling to numeric numbers.)

Tonight what did I see... end of the day a bit more out of Scrimshaw trying to take the game on. Actually apart from that TOB being our best backman the whole night in the last quarter... but nowhere near as good as Scrim overall on the night. I saw Minchington play his best game for us and I don't want him going forward really. I saw Scully because we we bereft of any run and carry make us look good when he had periods of goodness. I saw McEvoy try his heart out even though played out of position. (Geez didn't Riccuito keep saying McEvoy broke the record this year for hit outs to advantage and they still won't play him in the ruck! 30 times)

I heard Dermott say in the last there is the only Hawthorn player who was prepared to get hurt in a contest. That one hurts more than even if we lost by 100 points. I think he got it wrong slightly with the player but anyway.

I reckon Glass had more tackles in open play than the rest of our midfield combined. Not pack play when everyone is next to each other and I could get 20 bullshit tackles a game, but in open play.

I saw little else, Bruest double teamed all night as they know Lewis is useless and doesn't care, yet last year cared and looked useful, saw Gunston try to generate something out of nothing and almost get us back, til he needed to miss. Chad had periods where tbh he was a class above anyone on the field... but then they'd double team him too.

We now officially have the worst midfield in the league, I think even with JOM back we are only equal worst with this length of quarter. Smith though we are far better than then... but does that leave us second worst? hardly a big improvement.

Look the one thing I want out of tonight is Clarko to be honest at the press conference, if that's all I get out of tonight at least its showing that might realise their way forward is terrible this year.

Yeah North are trying - conceding 31 scoring shots to Gold Coast. This is the best year to have a bad year in the history of the game.
No it isn't, we are every chance to be drafting a kid who hasn't played footy in over 12 months.

People can act like this season doesn't count all they like. It doesn't change the fact parts of our playing list has given up a month in to the season.

This was the crows Grand final, they would have been eyeing of this game for the last 2 months as their only chance of a win this season.

It was hard to watch tonight but we have probably seen a few hawk Champions play their final game in the brown and Gold.

The nature of the completion means it's near on impossible to stay at the top.

we have occupied rare Air for long time and we will need to rebuild but so ways be thankful for the success this team has given its members over the least decade. To be a HaWTHORN fan is to be truly blessed.... If you need convincing Just look to the Saints, dockers or dees

Autopsy Round 15, 2020: Hawks lose to the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back