Prediction Round 15, 2024: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunt back in & moves to the backline to give us more drive

Culley moves to tagging instead of Sheed. Tell him to always keep on the move.

Maric goes to the wing. I just think him delivering it too the forwards is more of a weapon than him playing as a forward currently.

Brockman to play that flank role with some bursts in the middle. Always want one of petrol, Ryan or Brockman at the very centre bounce.

Oscar has a 1 game run in the WAFL for match fitness plus it also gives us another look at the Flynn/B.Williams combo & if it’s going to work.

Personally I think a Flynn & J.Williams combo would work better & would like to explore that option. J.Williams actually looks like a forward & I liked his ruck craft.

Jaminson gets a run instead of H.Edwards. Yes he can make mistakes but I like what I’ve seen from him in the backline so far & he by far has Edward’s covered athleticism wise who’s slow as treacle. Kicking & Marking are both around the same mark.

Hutchy gets another week as Ryan & Petrol will be spending time in the midfield plus Maric on the wing so there’s a need for him in the forward line.

I’d have Jones play as sub as he’s versatile & has speed.

OUT - Sheed, Gaff, Jones, H.Edwards

IN - Maric, Hunt, Brockman, Jamo

I'm not sure about the maric to a wing move, feels like more square peg in a round hole stuff. I'd rather take a look at half back, even if it's in the wafl for a month

Hunt back in & moves to the backline to give us more drive

Culley moves to tagging instead of Sheed. Tell him to always keep on the move.

Maric goes to the wing. I just think him delivering it too the forwards is more of a weapon than him playing as a forward currently.

Brockman to play that flank role with some bursts in the middle. Always want one of petrol, Ryan or Brockman at the very centre bounce.

Oscar has a 1 game run in the WAFL for match fitness plus it also gives us another look at the Flynn/B.Williams combo & if it’s going to work.

Personally I think a Flynn & J.Williams combo would work better & would like to explore that option. J.Williams actually looks like a forward & I liked his ruck craft.

Jaminson gets a run instead of H.Edwards. Yes he can make mistakes but I like what I’ve seen from him in the backline so far & he by far has Edward’s covered athleticism wise who’s slow as treacle. Kicking & Marking are both around the same mark.

Hutchy gets another week as Ryan & Petrol will be spending time in the midfield plus Maric on the wing so there’s a need for him in the forward line.

I’d have Jones play as sub as he’s versatile & has speed.

OUT - Sheed, Gaff, Jones, H.Edwards

IN - Maric, Hunt, Brockman, Jamo

We should play Harry Edwards and find out how he goes now he has sorted out his groin problem. He went to Dubai to get looked at and the new conditioning staff seem to have got him up and going. No wonder he looked slow last year playing with a dodgy groin.

He either plays well and stays or maybe gets caught up in the KP defender merry go round that seems to be getting popular. Or he doesn't and is let go.

Feel that TB may just move so Harry may get a reprieve to cover next season hopefully with Busslinger coming in but he will need time and support.

Hello all, excuse the intrusion. Many of us Bomber fans were hoping we’d get to witness Harley Reid play, he’s an amazing young talent and would’ve brought lots of fans through the turnstiles if he was playing..

I suspect it will be close than many naturally think. Essendon slightly ‘off’ mentally are vulnerable.

Is Tim Kelly playing ? He’s an important addition to your midfield group.

Will there be many Eagles fans in Victoria attending this game? Ticket sales are really strong so I was wondering if this is due to a large contingent of Eagles fans going to the game in a good family slot?

Anyhow, may the better team win 👍
I sure will be there mate. Was also at the game at Optus earlier this year which was a good one - hope to see some of that home form translate to games away from home. Hopefully a good crowd too :)

Another article for everyone:

West Coast Eagles training notes: No Oscar Allen, Liam Duggan as Tim Kelly takes it easy, Elijah Hewett trains​

Oscar Allen and Liam Duggan did not train on Monday as West Coast prepared to face Essendon after a week off with the bye, while another Eagles star took it easy.
Here’s what we saw at training.

And the Oscar goes to... Melbourne?​

West Coast forward Oscar Allen was not sighted at Mineral Resources Park on Monday, while his fellow co-captain Liam Duggan was also missing in action.
Allen hasn’t played since round one after a knee injury but is pushing for a return against Essendon at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, having featured in match simulation over the club’s bye weekend.
If he is cleared to play, the Eagles could consider bringing Allen back through the WAFL in a bid to manage his minutes and remove the travel burden.
Meanwhile, Duggan is set to exit the 12-day mandatory concussion protocols this week after a heavy knock against North Melbourne before the bye.
The defender last week said he had avoided lingering symptoms and was on light duties over the weekend but did not hit the training track on Monday.
9f65c8f0e021da45bad343034b87e2027892ca34.jpg
Standing in for Oscar? Jack Darling is all smiles at training on Monday.

20 minutes of your Tim​

Star midfielder Tim Kelly was a welcome sight at training but returned to the sheds after just 20 minutes, despite the session lasting under an hour.
Kelly has missed the Eagles’ last two games with a hip injury and is no certainty to face the Bombers after he did not take part in the main session over the weekend.
The 19-year-old is also battling a knee concern.
04217526765b315ff2517ad4ecd9cf43e7b2c390.jpg
Tim Kelly leaves the session early.
e088c70ae9be8c0cd4977d162cfe69084c17bb1f.jpg
Ryan Maric and Zane Trew jogged laps.
Young forward Ryan Maric and fringe midfielder Zane Trew also made brief appearances at the end of the brief session, jogging laps around the oval.
Meanwhile, West Coast wingman Jayden Hunt remains a firm chance to return from a toe injury after he got through another session on Monday.

Battered and bruised​

19bf1782bef0977502ae5e10840728bb02aeeb16.jpg
Jake Waterman appeared to have significant bruising on his lower leg.
b8e27da3d165339f6698c4f5afab0aa582dd691e.jpg
Jake Waterman appeared to have significant bruising on his lower leg.
Jake Waterman was spotted with heavy bruising on his left leg, which extended from below his sock up to his calf.
But the nasty bruise could look worse than it is, as the in-form forward appeared unbothered by it during training on Monday.
Waterman is currently equal-second in the Coleman Medal race with 33 goals for the season, despite missing two games with concussion and a minor shoulder injury.

On the front foot​

6c4b57f0ecef7a6b78ceccc736c7c65521764f3a.jpg
Elijah Hewett.
9fb52758d57dd019633b3324207c9ea88f6bb10c.jpg
Elijah Hewett.
After a frustrating run with injury, 2022 first-round draftee Elijah Hewett is taking massive strides in his recovery from a serious foot issue.
The 20-year-old, who impressed in 14 games last season, has not played at all this year as he battled sesamoiditis before going under the knife in late March.
Hewett remains over a month away from a return to play but has re-joined the main group at training, four weeks after his first running session.
The powerful midfielder showed no signs of bother with his left foot as he weaved through skills drills with ease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is duggan not playing this week?

He’ll be fine

Pay no attention to who didn’t train today. It’s Monday training and essentially a recovery session from what would have been a solid session on Saturday that would’ve been close to replicating a game

Been 'all quiet on the western front' since our last game and the bye.
Even on TV sports, not much WC news.
They've gone to ground, a welcome relief probably.
Oscar supposedly back for Bombers game, blow some rust out.
The Hawks game should be a belter, with a chastised and re-energised Reid.

Simpson on CH7 with Ryan Daniels

• He didn’t say directly that Allen would play against Essendon but sounded very much like he would. All but ruled out a return via WAFL saying he played 90mins of match sim on the weekend which was as good as playing WAFL from a fitness POV
• Kelly he all but ruled out for Essendon but was confident he’d be ready for Hawthorn

In: Allen, Hunt, Brockman
Out: Darling (sore/injured/something), Gaff, Hutchinson

Backs: Barrass, Gov, Edwards, Hough, Duggan, Cole, Witherden
Mids: Yeo, Ginbey, Culley, Sheed, Chesser, Hunt
Rucks: Flynn, Williams
Forwards: Allen, Waterman, Maric, Ryan, Cripps, Petch, Brockman
Sub: Jones
Emergencies: Gaff (travelling), Rotham, Hall

Sheed gets a reprieve with no Kelly or Reid, since taggers are in vogue give him a job on Merrett and make him stick to it. If he doesn’t he’s first out next week.

Darling’s apparently struggled in training this week, good opportunity to leave him out with a niggle and see how an Allen/Waterman/Maric forward line looks.

Hutchinson probably (ok definitely) came in too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back