Unofficial Preview Round 15 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need official preview writers for next week and on!

Anyone can give it a go!

Squizz89

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Even though we didn’t play great last night we banked the points that we needed to and best week becomes a huge game now. If we can somehow get the win down there it certainly opens our chances back up for finals and possibly even a higher finish.

It will be tough down there, but with no injuries I’m not sure we’ll make any changes again.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Brain have a crack in McKenna’s spot, although I’m not sure they’d throw him into that role in a hostile environment in Adelaide. Maybe takes Noah’s spot as sub?

Slim chance there will be any changes.

Conor McKenna down on form but his best is a serious weapon, can not see him being omitted, Fages will stick with him.

Need to do something with Noah Answerth, should not be a sub with very limited game time for the 3rd week on the trot, either start him or give him a full game in the VFL. Candidates for sub could be Bruce Reville(unlikely, has been good) or Conor McKenna if Noah comes into the starting 22 or Shadeau Brain if he's omitted.

The other big question coming up in a couple of weeks is who goes out of the side for Will Ashcroft? Reville, Ah Chee?

No changes. That is what Fages has always been about, trust. Trust your best players and play the team that you think will win the Grand final irrespective of form. I see the argument for McKenna but you could say the same about Charlie. i think Fagan will stick with what he has especially if Answerth gets a game in the Ressies.

Even though we didn’t play great last night we banked the points that we needed to and best week becomes a huge game now. If we can somehow get the win down there it certainly opens our chances back up for finals and possibly even a higher finish.

It will be tough down there, but with no injuries I’m not sure we’ll make any changes again.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Brain have a crack in McKenna’s spot, although I’m not sure they’d throw him into that role in a hostile environment in Adelaide. Maybe takes Noah’s spot as sub?

Beecken. Back in SA

He was at the game last night fully kitted up in his Lions gear.
He is a Lion now, would love to see him given a run.
The wraps on him are big. If you listen to some people hard to see how he was in the MSD.

Connor hasn't been right since he came back. To his credit he's still trying to take risks and do what he's capable of but it's not coming off often enough for it to be a worry.

If he's 100% I think we'll give him another go but if not he'll get a rest. We were well up when he came off last night so it's either as you say a message or he's just not fully fit.

The wraps on him are big. If you listen to some people hard to see how he was in the MSD.

Connor hasn't been right since he came back. To his credit he's still trying to take risks and do what he's capable of but it's not coming off often enough for it to be a worry.

If he's 100% I think we'll give him another go but if not he'll get a rest. We were well up when he came off last night so it's either as you say a message or he's just not fully fit.
Not sure he’s been fully fit at all this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season defining game. No room for error if we're going to try and chase down top 4 and for me it's this game along with the Pies games that stand in our way if we are to maintain this sort of good form.

Win this and it really opens us up to the run towards the 8 and top 4.

If whoever is preparing the preview doesn’t reference pears, never tear us apart, tarps and master coach Kenny Hinkley then what are we even doing here

Hopefully the club sets itself for this one. We win this and the charge to finals is well and truly back on.

Answerth injured his shoulder in the VFL today apparently? I wouldn’t mind dropping McKenna to sub and bringing Brain or Beecken into the 22. Alternatively Brain or Beecken to replace the injured Answerth as sub.

Hopefully the club sets itself for this one. We win this and the charge to finals is well and truly back on.

Answerth injured his shoulder in the VFL today apparently? I wouldn’t mind dropping McKenna to sub and bringing Brain or Beecken into the 22. Alternatively Brain or Beecken to replace the injured Answerth as sub.

McKenna needs to either start or play vfl imo. He needs game time to find form. Presuming we stay unchanged id just swap subs - brain for answerth.

I highly doubt McKenna plays against Port. Something is wrong with him physically and he’s not playing up to standard. He’s struggling to get down to pick up the ball.

If whoever is preparing the preview doesn’t reference pears, never tear us apart, tarps and master coach Kenny Hinkley then what are we even doing here
checks preview writer list - oof, bad luck

I might mention Ken Hinkley, but my aim is to set the bar so low we get everyone signing up immediately to fill up the remaining weeks so I don't have to do it again.

checks preview writer list - oof, bad luck

I might mention Ken Hinkley, but my aim is to set the bar so low we get everyone signing up immediately to fill up the remaining weeks so I don't have to do it again.

Listen I’ll do this week if you haven’t got anyway otherwise I will check the list and find another week

Listen I’ll do this week if you haven’t got anyway otherwise I will check the list and find another week
Go for it, it was going to be me because I'll at least have seen Port live this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back